NST Super September Scrimping challenge

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Squirrelgirl - you can buy fuel and keep an NSD if that is all you buy.

Today I am grateful for my counsellor, for winning at 'beat the bus' (I did have a 25 minute head start :rotfl:, but it was over 3 miles and I was running/walking it), for being able to run, for a hot bath with epsom salts, for dd enjoying her first day back at school, for fallen apples + ripe raspberries + foraged blackberries all stewing nicely to provide lots of puddings.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • stoplurking
    Options
    Check in 5/30. Lunch to work 3/21 SFD 4/18. Hoping tomorrow will also be spend free but Thursday is my turn to buy the coffee for a work colleague.
    I'm trying to think what else I might need so I get the spends out of the way, I need a birthday card but not much else. I might be joining a yoga class and that will be a big spend, maybe £120! That will count as exercise, yes?
    Me time- not yet but might get the crochet out and do a bit.

I hope everyone else is doing ok, I'm trying to keep up.
    MFIT -T5 #42
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 6 September 2017 at 7:28AM
    Options
    Check in 5/30

I was all set for my first SFD of September... but then OH randomly took himself to the supermarket, forgot the list, forgot the bloomin cereal he went for :mad: but at least he spent only £9.15 and got 4 items off my list. So I will have to go myself at some point :(

Anyway, apart from that:
    OH returned an unopened tin of paint surplus to requirements, so £17.03 refund :)
    Sorted through fridge and froze some mushrooms, we may not be great at SFDs, but we don't do food waste here!
    All meals from home, we very rarely eat out or buy takeaway
    Made fruit crumble from HG and gifted fruit. Also made a batch of scones.
    Wrote spends in my little black book (OH's disastrous shopping trip)
    No heating (it was actually hot today, even though it was quite a nasty damp day)
    Didn't manage any exercise, unless traipsing up and downstairs with boxes of sales stock counts. Energy levels are a bit low today :(

Congratulations on the new job Kerry Woman :)
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,312 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Day 5 check in - a spend day today, top up shop £10 and £4 to Lotto syndicate I'm in. Exercise was walking to and from work plus walk at lunchtime resulting in just over 18k steps. No coffee shops/cafes/pubs etc yet and no heating needed.

So far so good :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • vintagebrighton
    Options
    Check in 5/30

Not a NSD, had to get spinach, mushrooms and butter. All out of the shopping money though.

Another one night set of guests tonight but there's a 3 nighter tomorrow.

Not quite finished sorting the 6 monthly budget. I'm desperate to see if we can put money away for proper savings. I'm fortunate we managed to keep a £1000 emergency fund but I'd like £5000 separate from that.

Twenty minute walk today but nothing else.

Time for me was spent watching The Mist on Netflix this afternoon.

Need to prioritise eBay listing and then sorting other ways to make some money from home ;)

VB x
  • dizzyblnd
    Options
    Check in 5/30

Nsd 3/18

Yesterday I went food shopping n got most of what I need for the rest of the month. I also paid all bills. Today was a nsd and I went for a run.
    Mortgage free wannabee 2022 #82
  • dizzyblnd
    Options
    VB u do amazingly with ur airBnB guests. That's great. Can u do that tax free?
    Mortgage free wannabee 2022 #82
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Fmess wrote: »
    SFD number 3 today :)

Back at school and had a day of dizzy spells so didn't go to exercise class (therefore keeping my SFD) and had some me time watching Strike that I had recorded.

Hope the dizzy spells have stopped.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • vintagebrighton
    Options
    dizzyblnd wrote: »
    VB u do amazingly with ur airBnB guests. That's great. Can u do that tax free?

It's tax free up to £7,500 which is fantastic. I've only been able to do it because all the kids have left home now.

I have to say that I really didn't think we'd have so many bookings :rotfl:

VB x
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    I was looking into YNAB and when I had a look it seemed you had to connect it to your bank account? Is that right? Would rather not do that for security reasons. Is there a British version or is the American version all there is?

Thanks

Sorry to jump in but thought I could reply...

There is only 1 version which is the American one, it will only connect to American bank accounts.

I am the same as you thrifty and would not want to link my bank account. I just enter everything manually anyway.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure