Who is the best 4G provider?

Options
longwalks1
longwalks1 Posts: 3,738 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary
We've been with Vodafone for almost 20 years, keep threatening to leave when the bills creep up (we have 3 x SIM only packages at present), and are paying close to £90 for the three.

We use mobile internet a lot, so who genuiely does offer the fastest/most coverage of all providers please? As we are looking to leave Vodafone purely becuase of the cost, that keeps creeping up

Comments

• d123
    d123 Posts: 8,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Most in the industry say EE or Vodafone are the biggest and fastest networks with the most capacity, o2 is getting better, Three is ok if you have a "Supervoice" capable handset but can still struggle with capacity.
    ====
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It's will vary according to your location and usage.

A PAYG sim will provide coverage but you might not have access to all facilities/speeds available on contract/sim only to give a full picture.
  • anotheruser
    anotheruser Posts: 3,485 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Tesco?

I pay £11 for 4Gb / 5000 mins / UL texts
    You can always get more data though.

But at £90 - you're being ripped off... completely! Unless it's unlimited everything.
  • Frozen_up_north
    Options
    Value for money? Customer service? Coverage? T&Cs? Free roaming?

I guess the OP is thinking of 4G coverage, download speed and capacity, but didn't specify... in theory EE as they won the bid to provide a replacement for the current Airwave network used by the emergency services, which will require pretty solid coverage.

The Rootmetrics phone app will show the best technology and download speed for all the UK networks on a map, it uses data uploaded by actual users.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    OP you say you use mobile internet alot but how much is alot ?

What kind of limits are we talking about for internet, texts and calls ?

If you only use half of the allowances then get a sim with lower limits.
  • rhysadams
    rhysadams Posts: 303 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm with Three and have been on and off for the last 5 years. Every time I leave I find a reason to go back, it could be service or mobile network, but three, in my eyes offers both. I pay £18 per month for my sim (200 mins, unlimited text and AYCE data) and £9 for my son's sim (200 mins, unlimited data and 4gb data)
  • Frozen_up_north
    Options
    rhysadams wrote: »
    I'm with Three and have been on and off for the last 5 years
    I'm also with Three, for about 7 years. Currently getting 30GB, unlimited mins and texts, for £20/month. Have 4G at home and few places without coverage (back room of a pub is the only one I know of locally).
  • Buzby
    Buzby Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Options
    14 years with 3, never left as they have constantly improved, and offer the best price for data. 30Gb/200mins/AYCE texts cost me £15pm. Too good to miss.
  • mgfvvc
    mgfvvc Posts: 1,181 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Plusnet sim only and tesco offer good deals

PlusNet don't support "short code" numbers, so don't go to PlusNet unless you're sure you won't need to use short code numbers.
  • gearbox162
    Options
    Unlimited data doesnt exist it will clog the network up and then people will not be able to send texts calls and use data. That is probably why unlimited data does not exist. Do you mean unlimited minutes?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure