IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Claim defence

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,786 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Great, that's very clearly moving from step to step, which should assist you later on and will help the Judge to see the issues.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • completelyfubar
    Options
    :beer:
    many thanks again Coupon-mad.... on to the next stage :)
  • completelyfubar
    Options
    OK guys, need a little help...
    I have created a signed PDF ready to upload but what to do now?
    Do I just email it to the relevant address and do nothing on the MCOL site?
    If I go through the MCOL system I have to put something in the defence box and I know that I must not do that....
    Little help please :)
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,359 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Little help please
    Everything should be detailed in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2, which should now be your 'Bible' now you're at the serious business end of this stuff.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • completelyfubar
    Options
    Hi Umkomaas
    I have read a lot of the stickies on this and other forums and my specific question above has not been covered... or I can't find it :(
    Email has been sent.... confirmation has been received.
    I was just wondering if I needed to do anything on the MCOL website or not?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,359 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi Umkomaas
    I have read a lot of the stickies on this and other forums and my specific question above has not been covered... or I can't find it :(
    Email has been sent.... confirmation has been received.
    I was just wondering if I needed to do anything on the MCOL website or not?

This is what court expert bargepole tells you to do in his thread 'Court Claim Procedure (updated October 2016)' detailing the processes you go through.

Does that not cover it? I'm not the court expert on here, but can signpost to appropriate advice.
    3. Your Defence does not need to be War and Peace, but it must mention, however briefly, every point of fact and law that you intend to rely on. You won't be able to amend it or add extra points later without paying a court fee, but you can expand on the original points in more detail. The Defence should be headed 'In The County Court', then show the case number, the names of the parties indicating who is the Claimant and who is the Defendant, and have the word 'Defence' at the top, and at the bottom say 'I believe the facts stated in this Defence are true' then your signature and date. It should all be formatted with numbered paragraphs and pages, in Times Roman 12pt, with 1.5 line spacing. I recommend printing and posting (registered) to Northampton, trying to fit it in the online box destroys the formatting, and makes it hard for the Judge to read.

4. After sending off your Defence, the Northampton Business centre will send a copy to the Claimant, and then send a Directions Questionnaire (form N180) to both Claimant and Defendant.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • completelyfubar
    Options
    Thanks for the quick response but people don't tend to post them any more from what I've read?
    They print - sign - scan - email
    In fact it says that further down the same thread you have highlighted.
    I just want to know if you 'also' do anything on the MCOL website but I'm getting the distinct impression that I don't :)
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,786 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    You don't do anything on MCOL at defence stage, it chews a defence up and if you put ANYTHING in the box, even 'to follow by post'', etc., it would be taken to be your entire defence!

I would email it to the ccbcaq email as a signed/dated PDF.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Murlton
    Options
    Hey guys,

Just received my LBC for the same site. Has anything else happened sincr your last post?
  • completelyfubar
    Options
    Just waiting for them to respond to my defence. I expect they will and therefore await the questionnaire.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure