Investing in an ISA - is this allowed?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in ISAs & Tax-free Savings
3 replies 920 views
vertexvertex Forumite
174 Posts
Tenth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in ISAs & Tax-free Savings
Hi all

I currently have past-year ISAs within a Vanguard account and a Hargreaves account.

Id also like to invest in a P2P platform within an ISA allowance (IFISA) such as https://www.fundingsecure.com/invest-with-us/ifisa

Im looking to start investing this year's ISA allowance. Am I allowed contribute money in my Hargreaves account AND my Vanguard account? AND ALSO create a IFISA account? Or am I only allowed to invest this year's ISA allowance in one of the above?

Thanks

Replies

• VortigernVortigern Forumite
    3K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can contribute to EITHER your Vanguard ISA OR your HL ISA but not both.

You can also contribute to an IFISA in addition to the above.

But you need to clarify what this "Vanguard ISA" actually is. Vanguard have not been offering their own ISA long enough for anybody to have a previous year subscribed.
  • vertexvertex Forumite
    174 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Thanks Vortigern.

I transferred a portion of prevous year's ISA to my Vanguard account (https://www.vanguardinvestor.co.uk) and kept the remaining in my Hargreaves account.

Its good to know that I can invest this year's allowance in one of the above AND an IFISA.

As a corollary question, I presume the same goes for IFISAs? In other words, I can only invest in one (such as Funding Secure)?

Ive been waiting for Lendy to get FCA approval but until then I think Ill invest with Funding Secure.
  • eskbankereskbanker Forumite
    18.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vertex wrote: »
    As a corollary question, I presume the same goes for IFISAs? In other words, I can only invest in one (such as Funding Secure)?
    Yes, for once the official ISA rules (clause 1.12) are probably the most succinct and simple representation:
    From 6 April 2017 investors can subscribe in each tax year to
    • one cash ISA
    • one stocks and shares ISA,
    • one innovative finance ISA, and
    • one Lifetime ISA
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you