Help with this account

Options

Comments

• wizzywig27
    wizzywig27 Posts: 1,536 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hiya. I did call EE about this, very unhelpful and said no calls are itemised at all, only chargeable ones. Really frustrating.

It really is destroying my credit history, why would I have waited three months to then pay it? Santander have been nothing but unhelpful.
  • cjmillsnun
    cjmillsnun Posts: 615 Forumite
    Options
    The phone companies know when you dialled freephone numbers. You CAN request that information, even if you have to ask for it as an SAR.
    2.88 kWp System, SE Facing, 30 Degree Pitch, 12 x 240W Conergy Panels, Samil Solar River Inverter, Havant, Hampshire. Installed July 2012, acquired by me on purchase of house in August 2017
  • wizzywig27
    Options
    You need to find something to support your position. They can see if anyone accessed your account information, so on their side they are satisfied no wrongdoing has occurred.

And keep better records in the future. You may never need them, but if you do it wil inevitably be for something very important.

That is another thing they said that it appears around the end of April/beginning of May no one even accessed my account.

I know it is my word against theirs but surely that is enough of an argument for them to show sympathy, especially as it's now paid. Like I say why would I let it get to this stage just to pay it off and complain, I admit payments into the account was an oversight on my behalf, however I did call them and it is really annoying they are unwilling to help.

How do I know there wasn't a glitch on that date?
  • wizzywig27
    Options
    cjmillsnun wrote: »
    The phone companies know when you dialled freephone numbers. You CAN request that information, even if you have to ask for it as an SAR.

Is it that simple? I have had numerous calls with them about this and they just say they can't provide me with the info as it's not on my bill
  • cjmillsnun
    Options
    They have probably more information on you than anyone else, except perhaps your internet service provider. They have to note it down for billing purposes (someone has to pay for the call) and keep it as there may be queries on the bill. It involves you (you dialled the number) so it is information you can technically ask for.
    2.88 kWp System, SE Facing, 30 Degree Pitch, 12 x 240W Conergy Panels, Samil Solar River Inverter, Havant, Hampshire. Installed July 2012, acquired by me on purchase of house in August 2017
  • wizzywig27
    Options
    They have probably more information on you than anyone else, except perhaps your internet service provider. They have to note it down for billing purposes (someone has to pay for the call) and keep it as there may be queries on the bill. It involves you (you dialled the number) so it is information you can technically ask for.

Interesting, I will contact them to see what they say.

In the meantime I will be taking it to the FO. My understanding is it's not just as simple as them rejecting my complaint but we shall see
  • cjmillsnun
    Options
    Get the evidence you called them first. Otherwise without proof, it IS as simple as that.
  • wizzywig27
    Options
    Get the evidence you called them first. Otherwise without proof, it IS as simple as that.

Don't want to argue with you as I know you are trying to help me, but I have spoken to the FO on the phone and she told me this is the process:

I complain, it goes to the first stage who is an adjudicator (I think she said). He publishes his initial findings to both parties, we either both agree or one disagrees. This process can take some time ad it's a form of mediation.

Then at they point it goes to the FO who makes his final decision, again there is no timescale on this section and it can take some time.

So it seems it is not as simple as you make out.

One thing I will say is why is the banks word gospel? They say I didn't call, I say I did. Why is there word final?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    wizzywig27 wrote: »

One thing I will say is why is the banks word gospel? They say I didn't call, I say I did. Why is there word final?

It's not that their word is gospel. It's about proof. Neither you nor the bank have proved that you called.
  • wizzywig27
    Options
    It's not that their word is gospel. It's about proof. Neither you nor the bank have proved that you called.

The bank can't provide proof I DIDNT call either
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport