Richey_ Posts: 334 Forumite
    Was it a good night out?
  • Richey_ wrote: »
    Was it a good night out?

I didn't get the second loan of £100 that I wanted yesterday :(
  • Richey_
    Richey_ Posts: 334 Forumite
    TBH probably did you a massive favour.
    My friend for somebody who lives with their parents you need to learn to manage your money a lot better, you will never have more spare money than now believe it or not
  • iolanthe07
    iolanthe07 Posts: 5,493 Forumite
    you will never have more spare money than now believe it or not

Actually, speaking as a retiree, that isn't necessarily true!
    I used to think that good grammar is important, but now I know that good wine is importanter.
  • Malthusian
    Malthusian Posts: 10,936 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    iolanthe07 wrote: »
    Actually, speaking as a retiree, that isn't necessarily true!

You think the OP sounds like the type to save enough into a pension to ensure a comfortable retirement like yours?
  • AndyPix
    AndyPix Posts: 4,847 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Arent you glad you didnt get that extra loan now ??
    Today you have a clear head and arent £100 (plus interest) down ..

WINNER ..

Now if you can take that feeling, and extrapolate it to your spending habits in future - you might be in with a chance :)

As for giving your bank details to this sub-sub-sub prime lender - Well that is insanity its'self.
    Why do you think they didnt require all the usual securities ? They can empty your bank account at will

And to think you were looking for ANOTHER similar setup to add to it -

mind = boggled
  • Sky_Shrimp
    Sky_Shrimp Posts: 42 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 25 August 2017 at 2:51PM
    Update,

SafetyNet Credit took the £150 plus the £20 interest from my account as agreed today (2 week loan). They'll probably increase my credit due to playing ball.

They lost connection with my account last week and sent an email stating that they were going to try to reclaim the funds if I didn't reconnect.

What I failed to mention before is that they called me on the day and stated that they will only try to reclaim the funds on the arranged day (the payday) and not immediately, They have an 0800 number and are very professional on the phone.

I know it's crazy to give your login bank details to a company, but I researched them first and they were there when I needed them at the time.

I'll probably use them again. Understand that I'm a guinea pig. Taking one for the team. I didn't start this thread for financial advice. There's a separate forum for that.

When people Google 'SafetyNet Credit' they'll find this thread.

I could have not started this thread and you would all be non the wiser.

Enjoy my tomfoolery and have a great weekend :beer:
  • Pixie5740
    Pixie5740 Posts: 14,515 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Like you managed to find this thread?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5644147&highlight=safetynet

Giving your login in details isn't just crazy it's a breach of the T&C of your online banking. Now if there's any fraud involving your online banking your bank are not obligated to refund the money to you. :beer:
  • Exactly Pixie!

Now you get to see what happens first hand to someone that uses SafetyNet Credit from the comfort of your armchair.

Enjoy the show :D

I think I deserve a cookie for this. Do you have cookies?
  • Pixie5740 wrote: »
    Like you managed to find this thread?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5644147&highlight=safetynet

Giving your login in details isn't just crazy it's a breach of the T&C of your online banking. Now if there's any fraud involving your online banking your bank are not obligated to refund the money to you. :beer:

Surely it's say's a lot about the regulator in this country - why and how are they allowing this type of operation of s/net? (which appears authorised) if the bank's stance would be this.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure