Prep for Disciplinary hearing

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Well, I don't know. but it was well established that they had no idea he had posted anything on social media, so that's not something you can assume. They had accused him of making obscene gestures at a baby.

Yes but they now know he didn't make obscene gestures at a baby but in the process of all this, they have found out he brought the company into dispute by sending/posting photos claiming the place was a prison. So have dealt with him on that. Possibly.

But who knows until the OP updates.
  • ScorpiondeRooftrouser
    Options
    Yes but they now know he didn't make obscene gestures at a baby but in the process of all this, they have found out he brought the company into dispute by sending/posting photos claiming the place was a prison. So have dealt with him on that. Possibly.

But who knows until the OP updates.

There's still absolutely no even halfway sensible reason been offered as to why he should have told them that the text mentioned a prison, or why they would have asked.
  • tommytynan123
    Options
    It's squeeky bum time for a while + look for new employment going forward as your name will be tarred at this employer.
    Lots of replies. I'm replying to yours as it's almost the only non-confrontational reply.
    1. Downgraded to 'final warning' based on inappropriate behaviour for an Asst Manager.
    2. The evidence produced at initial hearing, declared as made-up by the hearing officer, tipped the balance towards employer (reasonable belief)
    3. The evidence produced at appeal, showing collusion, lying and some other questionable decisions tipped it back towards employee. (not enough evidence for reasonable belief) The evidence produced by one witness was discarded in total as it was proved to be lies.
    4. The employer did explain in detail how they reached the new decision. Way too much to put on here. Son will start work at a different location following the return to work interview. He's had a full briefing from me about various aspects of management. Being a public forum I'm not going to discuss his future plans.
    5. Banco de Dad is happy as well. :D
  • tommytynan123
    Options
    At what point do you expect your son to become a normally functioning adult?

What exactly has he had his warning for? Have you actually managed to work that out yet? Did the instagram message that you went on and on about actually matter?

Probably when you do! Oh and as you're a stickler for accuracy it was snapchat not instagram. Different platforms.;)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 27 September 2017 at 12:08PM
    Options
    I've worked in supermarkets and know the type of young managers who think they are gods gift because of their position at the young age. It's no wonder this all happened really.

Snapchat is aimed at young teens. I just don't find it interesting at all and I'm only early 30s.
  • ScorpiondeRooftrouser
    Options
    Probably when you do! Oh and as you're a stickler for accuracy it was snapchat not instagram. Different platforms.;)

That's incredibly important information. Want to actually answer any of the questions? What was the conduct not becoming a manager? Was it making obscene gestures at a baby? If so, what had the others lied about, seeing as that's all the company ever said he did and the snapchat (there you are) messages were irrelevant?

I am not sure what you think you have won. They have not sacked him but they have done the next thing to it, apparently for the thing that they said he had done all along.

If that is not the case then tell us what he has been warned for, exactly.
  • Undervalued
    Options
    That's incredibly important information. Want to actually answer any of the questions? What was the conduct not becoming a manager? Was it making obscene gestures at a baby? If so, what had the others lied about, seeing as that's all the company ever said he did and the snapchat (there you are) messages were irrelevant?

I am not sure what you think you have won. They have not sacked him but they have done the next thing to it, apparently for the thing that they said he had done all along.

Quite.

Plus of course the OP's son cannot challenge any sanction short of dismissal at a tribunal. If (when) he is next on a disciplinary the final warning will give them the opportunity of dismissing for virtually any "offence" and that too will be hard or impossible to challenge.
  • matttye
    matttye Posts: 4,828 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options

That's still a win, compared to being sacked.

I don't see why this thread is still going on... just a bunch of argumentative people trying to pick holes in everything the OP has said.
    What will your verse be?

R.I.P Robin Williams.
  • ScorpiondeRooftrouser
    Options
    matttye wrote: »
    That's still a win, compared to being sacked.

I don't see why this thread is still going on... just a bunch of argumentative people trying to pick holes in everything the OP has said.

You realise you just reactivated a thread after 3 days of idleness to complain about the fact that it is still going on, right?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure