IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Ncp anpr

Options

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I really do despair at some of these. I'm sure it's getting much worse.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • mucker2308
    Options
    thank you so much! I have now foudn this, thanks again :)
  • greg2424
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Look what I just added to Moochover's thread! The same thing I told you. Moochover hadn't quoted the entire section from his/her NTK, so at first I thought the wording was compliant, but NCP ones say too much underneath that!

I have also amended the link I provided earlier in my reply to you above, which wasn't working. It is now working as a link, and shows you what to state about an NCP NTK, assuming yours does have the flaw in the wording.

Yes it does, it's just saying they haven't shown who was driving. You might need to tweak the words but generally people use that template all the time, right under their point about NTKs not being compliant/no keeper liability.

Thanks again!! For clarity, I have linked the actual letter in the link below (hopefully it works) only showing the relevant passage of text. From what I can tell, the wording in my letter does not invite the argument that the wording is not compliant or the NKL template text shown here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=71287643&postcount=2345

If I am reading the thread correctly, it seems that this is only for Window tickets, and in the case of NTK's it only applies if the letter was worded in a certain way, or not. My letter below doesn't seem to have the required characteristics to argue these points.....?

Link to my letter from NCP:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8CBpg0LyukbTmI2aTJ1WkhrR1k
  • greg2424
    Options
    Hi there, I only have until Friday to get my stuff together, so any further feedback on the link below would be much appreciated.

Do I need to advise NCP that I'm going to POPLA? I'm not sure whether they need to be informed so they know an appeal is in the pipeline

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8CBpg0LyukbQllkXzBLcG00dkU
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    Do I need to advise NCP that I'm going to POPLA? I'm not sure whether they need to be informed so they know an appeal is in the pipeline
    Nope, they'll get a copy sent to them by POPLA.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    That NCP letter doesn't contain the same flaw, which is annoying. Maybe they've been reading the forums and benefitting from our advice on what constitutes a valid NTK.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • greg2424
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    That NCP letter doesn't contain the same flaw, which is annoying. Maybe they've been reading the forums and benefitting from our advice on what constitutes a valid NTK.

Yep, very much so..... So I opted to leave the parts you mentioned out based on the fact that the letter is worded the way it is..... Assuming it looks good enough, I will send today or tomorrow. Any issues with my poorly drawn map and small pictures? Should I note at the bottom that better copies are available on request?

Anything else missing?
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    Any issues with my poorly drawn map and small pictures? Should I note at the bottom that better copies are available on request?
    POPLA won't come back and request anything. What you submit as evidence in your appeal is it; no second go. So if you do have a better map that makes your route and camera angles clearer, then send that in.

Just going back to your appeal point that ANPR cameras weren't obvious, your bottom left-hand photo clearly shows a camera high up on a pole with anti-vandal spikes. It may or may not have been an ANPR camera, but leaving that photo in does have the potential to water down your assertion. I'd leave it out.

• greg2424
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    POPLA won't come back and request anything. What you submit as evidence in your appeal is it; no second go. So if you do have a better map that makes your route and camera angles clearer, then send that in.

Just going back to your appeal point that ANPR cameras weren't obvious, your bottom left-hand photo clearly shows a camera high up on a pole with anti-vandal spikes. It may or may not have been an ANPR camera, but leaving that photo in does have the potential to water down your assertion. I'd leave it out.

Good spot!! OK, I made the map better and removed the picture.....

Last version before sending....

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8CBpg0LyukbUHRiNHk5R0VMekE
  • greg2424
    Options
    One (hopefully) last question RE the POPLA appeal, I do not have to fill anything out in the comments section other than the fact that I'm attaching the document, is this correct?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure