Fabulously Frugal and Free at 50!

Options

Comments

• EssexHebridean
    Options
    Your day sounds fabulous - great to be able to do stuff like that and swap ideas with thoroughly like-minded folks and all have a fantastic time doing it! Coming back with new foody ideas too just makes it even better! :T
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,540 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hey Pips - it's quiet in your corner - hope all is well with you!
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Pippilongstocking
    Options
    Ey up - I has been (and am currently) sick - plumbing problems. :( and I do hate to take anti-b's so my system is all upside down.

On the plus side free prescriptions very mse - on the down side OUCHY.

Was booked to go on an adventure last weekend which we did and it was lovely I paid one night £60 and OH paid the OMG bargain which was a bit more expensive but amazing. (Should have been 240/night, got for 100).

Final weekend flinglet as msc now started. Must update spends and all that stuff.

*mini rant alert*
    We have been offered a 'Free' session of 8 weeks mindfulness at work, 2 hours a session. Which is great - except when you're in the fray of it all and thinking of how much money is standing in the room - its incredibly difficult to be mindful.

I wonder how many folks would go after work - it would suit me better but sometimes my inner pragmatist won't stop and having counted up the collective {charity} wages (never mind the non done tasks) I just got increbily angry.

Hardly mindful. I know I've got lots on my mind and I'm hardly in the best mood but its difficult to see how to sustain such actions. And, if we did a straw poll I wonder apart from me who would actually do this out of work, still for free.

Yours grumpymcgrumpypants.
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    :(:( to you being poorly Missus - that's not good. :D:D to great weekends aventurising though - from your pics it looked fab! :T

Absolutely get your frustration on the mindfullness thing - does seem a bit daft for an organisation like yours doesn't it! Is there an expectation to attend or can you minimise your stress levels ongoing by smiling and saying that you feel your time would be better used elsewhere?
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Get well soon xx
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,540 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    awwwww - sorry you are poorly - feel better soon!
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,338 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Take care xx
    Wonder what box your work want to tick ;)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    I get your frustration about the mindfulness, it maybe they see it as an investment. Lay out now = happier, more productive workers who have take less time off sick.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    2 hours is an awfully long time to be mindful! I can hardly manage 2 minutes without my brain whizzing off somewhere else!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Pippilongstocking
    Pippilongstocking Posts: 16,336 Forumite
    edited 13 September 2017 at 8:01PM
    Options
    Hey chaps thank you for the good wishes and the support. Very much appreciated. I'm still a bit grumpy have anit-b's (which upset my tum and innards) and painkillers its only a wee infection but my its a stroppy we monster.

Zero budgeting done, eating from home or not eating so guess that's vaguely MSE. :) My new favourtie lunch is baked tattie (from garden) and a mix of raw tomatoes, spinach and chill (raw) mixed up with a couple chive flowers. A bit butter/salt - oh my its gorgeous and zero food centimetres never mind miles. I grew it all by myself. :)

:D

miserable day here - hope yours was better.

OH called up about a wonky spark lighter thingmy on the cooker - after 12 mins on hold he got told they'd gone home for the night.

Mince and tatties for tea - HG veg, repurposed reduced 75p for 615g beef burgers bashed up back into mince IYSWIM. Seasoning worked well and they were if I'm honest very lovely. I had my own body weight in veggies with them, OH his own body weight in broon sauce.

As we've students and vulnerable folks going to mindfulness I do hear all your comments and agree with most - but I feel I need to attend, I prefer is was after 5pm as it does gnarl up against my work ethic HOWEVER - lead by example and if I change from the steel toe cap boots to something soft and more 'me' (even barefeet) then I think I'll transition into non-work me easier.

Me as a human would attend such a thing with gusto - me as a hard worker struggles. Perhaps a change of footwear would help that as we wear mega indsutrial boots.

Might be worth a go eh?

Hope your evenings are ace, I'm already tucked up in my lovely just changed the bedding nest.

XOXOXO
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts