Fabulously Frugal and Free at 50!

Options

Comments

• rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,540 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hooray!!!:j:j:j:j:j

Happy to hear the lost wages have been found and now in their rightful home (your account:p)...

...do tell where you plan to lob them...

Hopefully the debts will get a thrashing!:D
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Pippilongstocking
    Options
    ...*tiptoes sideways towards Pippi's hoose*.... if I crack on, I'll be there by, oh, 2040........:D:D:D

Have a great weekend - but mind yer back! With all that lifting and shifting :D

Greying X

If only veg boxes were postable - we're literally giving things away at work as no one is using them. *Sigh* more work for next year to start up a wee veg box scheme.

Will watch the back, there are 4 big laddies helping as its a six person flat. :D have a good weekend. Adventurising. We have an open doors at work this weekend - I was *IN* the new building yesterday - my oh my its swanky.
    1. My apple picking husband has picked precisely ZERO apples thus far. Give him enough technical jobs - pc, email, tv, laptops, phone - to do and he forgets about 'helping' outside.

Mind you, after Monday's digging up and replanting, my hands were extremely achey and have spent all week reminding me that I need to be more careful and steady inthe garden (pesky arthritis trying to get a grip) and unless I pace myself, dh may have to take over - yikes! Now,that's motivation!

Look after yourself! Glad hubby likes the more 'indoor jobs' I'm not a huge fan of them myself! Enjoy your weekend I hope you do something fun.

So we were OOT for a curry last night DH treat did consider a HM tea of dumplings but seen as how it was an occassion with DD home we snuck out - veered home via Sainsbugs for mutt food and picked up some leeks reduced and some fruit pots.

£4.26 spend - and 70p from earlier best update those spends. After dropping herself today in the big smoke and making sure they have all their stuff I'll likely venture home via the swedish shop as its quite near and/or large DIY store to pick up shelf stuff for larder.

Chum donated some jars for me at work - must pick those up today as she was kind enough to bring them in.

Tried some sweet pickled courgettes yesterday the boss had concocted - my they were nice similar to pickled cucumbers as you'd expect but somehow different - lush they were might have a go at some of those with me yellow and green courgettes.

I have a derth of long runner beans too - must do something with those -put some in the curry last week and they were a lovely crunch.

Tomatoes I may just freeze - easy to use the wee red canon balls like that instead of passata and tinned tomatoes - zero effort - open freezer and throw into a recepticle.

And, there's more beetroot to do so I'm trying that as advised (thank you) in a sweet pickle rather than the usual bog standard one.

Off to check banks and do various wizardry.

Pondering the extra wages (£501.04) - significant as the end of an era like to mark it somehow with something significant. Not all of it maybe just a wee something useful. Leave that one out there most of it will go to debt busting but I'm thinking on. They were lost for ages and we did really manage without them so just shows MSE works!

Kettle is on - off for a cuppa before I hit the glasshouses.
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • Pippilongstocking
    Options
    £35 petrol in the car so took that out of the saver also transferred the food spends b4.96 but I'm sure there will be more later.
    Looking online to see if vinegar is cheaper at the chinese supermarket..........

Also checked out the interest free balance transfer - 700 @ 3% fee for 12 months looks like a no brainer - needs the card etc which is parked in my desk *somewhere* so I'll do that over the weekend.

Found £7.40 in a bag! :money: tidying up does matter and is profitable!

Quick shower - take stock of the toiletries as I think we need a few bits.....

Then a watering I must go......no rest for the wicked have a good one.

XOXOX
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Glad to hear that the wages going missing was a genuine mistake.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Pleased the wages were found, that's happened to me before - someone typing in the wrong number at the bank. Pleased it's sorted. It does need a Tilly tidy though, before you make your decision that £1.04 feels a little uncomfortable
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Pippilongstocking
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Passsome courgettes :drool:

I will send a wheelbarrow load over - sorry this slipped of my radar last night! x Have a great walk today over that bridge.
    rtandon27 wrote: »
    Hooray!!!:j:j:j:j:j

Happy to hear the lost wages have been found and now in their rightful home (your account:p)...

...do tell where you plan to lob them...

Hopefully the debts will get a thrashing!:D

Well I think they should shouldn't they. Should probably pay the lot over shouldn't I?
    Pleased the wages were found, that's happened to me before - someone typing in the wrong number at the bank. Pleased it's sorted. It does need a Tilly tidy though, before you make your decision that £1.04 feels a little uncomfortable

Welcome WTMA - its annoying isn't it. Tilly tidy?

I'm assuming you mean the tiddly bits?

Tilly tidy sounds lovely!

£1.04 has gone into the grub/household budget to tidy it up! (Both debts are sitting at nice tidy numbers just now!)

DD is moved in - I'm having a wee cuppa at the swedish shop and a wee catch of breath before I'm home - as its quite far from home to said swedish shop I'm telling myself this is a more 'frugal' way to do this - although TBH driving straight home would be more MSE.

DD flat is gorgeous and 6 sharing all bits and cooking etc should make for a good experience in her final year. Aside bus pass :money: asked for her 21st (£40 month I pay) she's not needing any uni money unless something unexpected comes up and have serious savings from her p/t job (charity shop w/e manager) so she's :money: on so many fronts - well taught by you lovely lot.

Off for a wee nosey and look at storage for that larder I costed out the large DIY option at just under £100 - so I'm keeping my mind open.

Have a good one folks!

Hooray for happy new homes for final year uni students - their move only cost my petrol and several borrowed flat floors for the 48 hours they were homeless. :money:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,334 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I ddent get a place Pippa nor did my ma :(
    Lovely day for it though.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Pippilongstocking
    Options
    Us neither Beanie. Super day.

Had snack in Swedish shop 1.75+free drink love their kids food portions. Perfect size. Bought nothing. At least I popped in.

Finally home shelf paraphernalia cost £133 but it's 3 * 2.4m long shelving plus freed up workspace a= shelf four and all the fixings to keep it safe. I love my car the 2.4m shelving wood just slid in. Have to admit was a bit worried.

£20.88 spent in HB on toiletries, cleaning products and a few kitchen sundries. Also got wood wool fire starters we have a pack but I gave away my spare.and I think 5p a non smelly hand to start fire quickly is worth it.
    They also have verdo fire bricks in @2.79 10kg pack almost half the price in town. Whilst most of our winter wood I forage and chop these are super useful. Didn't get any but must start to stock up.

They do them online and deliver....ponders. we do have storage space.

Tired bunny! Might find me jammies v rock and roll sat night here!

£30 petrol. DD paid

Enjoy yours.
  • Pippilongstocking
    Options
    Afternoon cherubs - quick one here just in from work and an open doors event in the new building - looks ace and had some wee trys from the new cafe owners in exchange for a survey!

Beetroot cooked and cooling - off to meet me ma to exchange kilner jars and have a coffee.

TRG playing later in pub so likely out for a bit being a roadie - bonnie day so got a load of washing out.

Left my phone at work which is bothersome but not the end of the world will get it later or tomorrow.

DD forgot her veg box - and there was little room in the car so I either add it to the stored or redistribute it tomorrow to a work chum.

Have a great one off to the chinese supermarket to hunt out bargainous vinegar! xx

XOXOX
  • Pippilongstocking
    Options
    Ah the irony of meeting the parental who greets you with 2kg of cherry tomatoes from the greenhoose!

Good day in the land of marmalade - got 5ltrs vinegar for 2.18 from the chinese supermarket - all fabby - not posh vinegar but at that price I was well happy. So I bought 10l and some noodles for emergency lunches at 32p/packet and some half price lemon juice total spend £7.90

Got a £1 book from the charity shop from my treats budget 'the green kitchen' by Richard Ehrlich based on his column in the times, looks interesting.

Also picked up the ultimate preserving book for £1 'the complete book of home preserving' Mary Norwak seems to have the precise times and methods for bottling a lot of things - useful for a novice like me.

All in all a good day - blagged two free cups of coffee in the garden centre with card and 10% off me plants and the parents plants - making my 5 ornamental cabbages effectively free to her as the discount covered them and free to me as she paid. :) do like a good ornamental cabbage.

Chazza shops largely closing when I ventured down to the ferry - pity only 3 of the 7 were open but at least I found a couple of books I liked.

£2 treats budget spent - a haul of tomatoes and low priced vinegar - all good.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business