Hope and Glory festival Liverpool refund rights

I purchased two weekend tickets for Hope and Glory festival in Liverpool on my credit card.
Tickets were £89 each from Eventbrite.
The Saturday was a disaster. No stage times announced until last minute. massive queues meant that all acts were delayed by two hours and some even cancelled. A lot of sets were shortened to try and get back on time. There was a very real danger of a crush due to a ten foot gap between the park and main stage. Bar didn't accept card payments despite festival website saying it would and the festival was just not safe. Police had to be called and many people were turned away from a festival they paid for. Bags weren't checked and resulted in people bringing in glass bottles and crates of beer.
There was no communication from organisers all day about what was going on.
Today on Sunday they have announced festival is off.

What recourse do I have for a refund? The event on Saturday was not delivered as promised and has not taken place at all on Sunday.
Eventbrite seem to be trying to put it on the customer to get in touch with the organiser, but citizens advice seems to say that if the ticket seller is a member of Society of Ticket Agents and Retailers (STAR) the onus is on the ticket seller. I can't see anywhere if Eventbrite is a member or not.
Other guidance suggests because the tickets were £89 each even though the two totalled over £100 that I can't go through Section 75 refund.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 4,176 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 6 August 2017 at 5:53PM
    From hope & glory Facebook page, member post........

Just got this email from Eventbrite.
    Hi

This is an automatic response to your refund request message. We have a great team of humans who are happy to help—but we need you to take these two steps first because your event organizer controls orders and refunds (we’re the online tool they use for ticketing).

The good news is most of our organizers are great at issuing prompt refunds to their attendees when you get in touch, which is why it’s fastest to contact them. Here’s what to do:

Request a refund from your Tickets page. It's easy to request a refund from the Tickets page in your Eventbrite account. Never logged in before? Click here.
    Note: If you don't see "Request a Refund," it's likely that the organizer disabled this feature and may not be granting refunds. In this case, click "Contact the Organizer" to request your refund.
    Give your organizer 1 week to reply. If they don’t respond, reply to this email. (You might also be able to transfer your ticket to someone else just by updating your ticket info or transferring your ticket to another date/event, if the organizer turned on these options.)
    Responding to this email immediately reopens your case to our support team. Please let us know if you’re still having trouble if you still haven't received a reply after 1 week.

Thanks,

The Eventbrite Customer Experience Team

P.S.
    We want to know how well we were able to help you—let us know with this one-question survey. Remember, if you still need help, just reply to this email and we'll do what we Just got this email from Eventbrite.
    Hi Caroline,

This is an automatic response to your refund request message. We have a great team of humans who are happy to help—but we need you to take these two steps first because your event organizer controls orders and refunds (we’re the online tool they use for ticketing).

The good news is most of our organizers are great at issuing prompt refunds to their attendees when you get in touch, which is why it’s fastest to contact them. Here’s what to do:

Request a refund from your Tickets page. It's easy to request a refund from the Tickets page in your Eventbrite account. Never logged in before? Click here.
    Note: If you don't see "Request a Refund," it's likely that the organizer disabled this feature and may not be granting refunds. In this case, click "Contact the Organizer" to request your refund.
    Give your organizer 1 week to reply. If they don’t respond, reply to this email. (You might also be able to transfer your ticket to someone else just by updating your ticket info or transferring your ticket to another date/event, if the organizer turned on these options.)
    Responding to this email immediately reopens your case to our support team. Please let us know if you’re still having trouble if you still haven't received a reply after 1 week.

Thanks,

The Eventbrite Customer Experience Team

P.S.
    We want to know how well we were able to help you—let us know with this one-question survey. Remember, if you still need help, just reply to this email and we'll do what we can
  • socnsum1
    socnsum1 Posts: 38 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    The organiser is saying Eventbrite needs to refund the money, Eventbrite are saying its the organiser. Neither are helping.
    I just worry this company may apply for bankruptcy
  • TonyMMM
    TonyMMM Posts: 3,376 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    socnsum1 wrote: »
    I just worry this company may apply for bankruptcy

I'd be amazed if they don't....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing