Half a house

Options

Comments

• Silence101
    Options
    Apparently the bank is checking they are still happy to lend us the money, so as long as that checks out I think we're on the home run! Still haven't packed, but I have been decluttering a little bit.
  • Silence101
    Options
    So we're due to exchange tomorrow morning apparently! Our solicitors have told us to "show them the money!" (These may or may not be their exact words :rotfl: but when dealing with such sums of money I need humour or I'd cry!)
    It's actually a bit less than I was anticipating, because the HA deduct the reservation fee from the first rent and other fees.
    We didn't quite get the first deadline, but it should all go through within a week of that initial benchmark, so not too bad really.
    I read that when/if we decide to sell our buyers will have the traditional 12 weeks to get everything done, so the 6 week deadline is just for the original buyers it seems.

By next week we're going to owe more money than we've ever owed before, which is a very scary thought!
  • ChasingSunshine
    Options
    Good luck! Fingers crossed everything goes to plan tomorrow
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Hope it goes well. And at least a mortgage is an investment.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Silence101
    Options
    Thanks!! I keep refreshing my emails even though I know they don't start work until 9. Luckily I have to do the school run so I've got something to keep me occupied until then.
    I've printed off the in year application form for the eldest's school, I just need the letter confirming we have exchanged. I'm a bit worried about how we'll afford everything in the first weeks, but Mr Silence is getting paid at the end of the month, so it should only be tight for a week or two.
  • michelle09
    Options
    Good luck! It is truly terrifying when it happens, but it is a good step. Hopefully you'll be popping champagne by next week. :)
  • Silence101
    Options
    Thanks!
    Unfortunately there's been a delay in exchanging, so now we have to wait until next week, and no idea when we'll be completing. So close yet so far!
  • michelle09
    Options
    I don't know anyone who successfully exchanged first go. It just seems to be one of those things. Hopefully next week goes better!
  • Silence101
    Options
    Thanks! They say it shouldn't affect the completion date, but I'm not counting on it until we have the keys!
  • Silence101
    Options
    We tried going to the local independent carpet shop, but it was closed by the time we got there. Considering we're meant to get the keys on Friday, we're leaving it a bit late! (Although I wouldn't want to order it before we've actually got the keys, so maybe it's not a bad thing)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure