Kantar - Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel

Options

Comments

• millie
    millie Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I write on blank labels (there are almost always some on the sheet with the R number labels) and stick the label to the cube. Easier to read the address on a white label than beige card and also easier to write onto a label than onto slightly corrugated card.

I have received cubes with hand-written labels (as I do) and received others with addresses simply written straight onto the box. I don't think it matters that much.

Thanks I was thinking of pulling the labels off again, but if it does not matter I will leave them on.
  • NBLondon
    NBLondon Posts: 5,533 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Got a red While You Were Out card this week. Pretty sure it was a test cube so I didn't pick it up until Sunday (Yes - my Delivery Office now opens 1100 - 1500 on Sundays!). Now - in the past I've always logged these as arrived on whatever day the card was left and picked up on Saturday from DO. But when I tried to log it as picked up on Sunday - the TNS website refused to accept Sunday. Not sure why they asked anyway - isn't the point to track when the first attempt was made? Plus the sticky tape was so badly applied that the cube had sprung open in transit and the PO had helpfully resealed it with a tracking label of some sort. So I logged the condition as Other since there's no option of "Open".

Next week - I have 2 cubes to go out (Oh joy) and 3 other items to go out on the same day (Before Midday, After Midday and Before Last Collection). I think I might go at lunchtime and post them at 1159, 1201 and 1202 :whistle:

Oh and to answer millie and anamenottaken - I've always written the address directly onto the cube/jiffy in black felt tip. Never thought they actually wanted it on a label and I don't think I've ever received one with a hand-written label. I take the point about clarity and then there's a whole new subject of how readable hand-writing is... Do you actually write it in cursive or print in block capitals?
    Wash your Knobs and Knockers... Keep the Postie safe!
  • millie
    Options
    I keep getting those before midday and after midday on the same day and usually at the post office. Most of my items seem to need posting at a post office. My nearest post office is 20 minutes walk so getting plenty of exercise.
  • anamenottaken
    anamenottaken Posts: 4,198 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    NBLondon wrote: »
    I take the point about clarity and then there's a whole new subject of how readable hand-writing is... Do you actually write it in cursive or print in block capitals?

Proper addressing has the post town in block capitals and I print the rest - simple individual letters with initial capitals. (Postcode is capitals too, of course.)
  • NBLondon
    Options
    Yeah - that's what RM prefer https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/81 I'm presuming the survey specifies both handwritten and printed label in order to see if there is a significant difference in delivery times when the sorting equipment is having to recognise handwritten postcodes

I find it really awkward to print individual letters, so I'll use small capitals or careful cursive. On my own letters, I print directly onto the envelopes if I've word-processed a letter - but using an interesting font/colour to make it not look like a bill.
  • NBLondon
    Options
    Quoting myself from the previous thread…
    So I'm on Unaddressed Mail this week… The other one to watch out for is from an insurance company. I got that on Tuesday. Then I got it again yesterday...
    Happened again this week. Obviously it's a mistake at the depot when they make up the bundles for postie to take out but no obvious way to report it other than e-mailing TNS.
  • dobbiesloan
    dobbiesloan Posts: 2,211 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    For the third year running I am being rested when my holiday starts. I am wondering if they are not capable enough to stop my mail for 2 weeks while I am on holiday.
    It seems so unfair as I miss the Christmas goodies and the Easter eggs before I an taken on again.
    Do other people get rested when they go on holiday or is it just me?
    GONE ENGLAND
  • millie
    Options
    I am on my first stint with them started in June. I had 4 days holiday in June. 3 weeks August and have another 2 weeks booked September. Keep expecting them to tell me I'm finished. Hope not as I am quite enjoying it. From September onwards I will be home until April next year, probably be off it then.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,769 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    For the third year running I am being rested when my holiday starts. I am wondering if they are not capable enough to stop my mail for 2 weeks while I am on holiday.
    It seems so unfair as I miss the Christmas goodies and the Easter eggs before I an taken on again.
    Do other people get rested when they go on holiday or is it just me?

Are your holidays towards the end of your 6 month stint, could that be why?
    I've had the posting suspended for two weeks while I'm on holiday then restarted when I get back so it's not behind them.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • aardvaak
    aardvaak Posts: 5,833 Forumite
    Options
    I received £2.00p in vouchers for a Cube/Medium Parcel to be posted on 31st Aug.
    I only have a Medium Brown envelope to be posted on that day which is stamped 1st Class.
    So what is this for?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport