Kantar - Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel

Options

Comments

• Primrose
    Primrose Posts: 10,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 13 July 2018 at 2:01PM
    Options
    Can anybody explain what the Expired Ticket message means in the Messges section. I don't understand it. And I keep receiving messages saying I have unread messges when I have read everything. There are still obviously things on this site which still need sorting out unless I am drastically misunderstanding something.
  • bettyboo71
    bettyboo71 Posts: 280 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    On the News Feed on the website, the second message is this
    'To prevent them from being identified by postal workers, please don't write anything on test items before you send them out (unless of course it's the address on a handwritten item).'
    I guess I am not the only one who has a problem with this. Today I have received the second item this week with details of posting day/location written on the outside of the item. If anyone has difficulty understanding why this might be a problem, I'll explain from my perspective. I live in a small village, and our postman also lives here. As well as delivering our post almost every day, he empties the two postboxes in the village, as well as collecting items from the village post office. I already worry that he could be suspicious of some of the items I send and receive, so don't want anything else that might attract his attention. (to minimise this as best I can, I post as many items as I can in the other village where I work, as I am not so well known there, and the post office is a lot busier, so less likely to remember me)
    I know lots of people use post-its. I find that they sometimes fall off. What I do is write posting details on the inside flap of envelopes, and leave them unsealed until I'm ready to post them. This isn't at all visible when the item is sealed.

On a different subject, I had a cube this week that was very poorly taped up. I know the sellotape they give us isn't very good quality, but they send plenty, so people should be making sure items are properly sealed.

Rant over.

On a more positive note, I received an item which included a postcard. I have concluded that this is possibly to disguise the smart. I know I sometimes got additional items in the QOAS mail, probably for the same reason. I think it says somewhere that you mustn't include any additional items with the post, but I think this is quite a good idea.
  • BookWorm
    BookWorm Posts: 2,465 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I’ve recently finished main posting stint (finally) and not had any presentation pack yet. I think some of you might have mine and purkles packs! :rotfl:

ooops :o

aninymoose wrote: »
    I got two lots of Game of Thrones sets. My two kids have claimed them. Not sure they would have been as quick to claim Harry and Meghan ones lol

I would have liked GOT stamps..... :p
  • BookWorm
    BookWorm Posts: 2,465 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Primrose wrote: »
    Can anybody explain what the Expired Ticket message means in the Messges section. I don't understand it. And I keep receiving messages saying I have unread messges when I have read everything. There are still obviously things on this site which still need sorting out unless I am drastically misunderstanding something.

The expired ticket appears to mean that you can't reply to that thread (or set of messages) anymore. You would have to start a new query

Can't help you with the unread messages thing. Could you try deleting them instead? (if you didn't want to keep them)
  • InA
    InA Posts: 224 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    bettyboo71 wrote: »
    On the News Feed on the website, the second message is this
    'To prevent them from being identified by postal workers, please don't write anything on test items before you send them out (unless of course it's the address on a handwritten item).'
    I guess I am not the only one who has a problem with this.

I also find this a bit of a nuisance, and if you think about it, it probably doesn't save time for the sender. I recently had an envelope where someone had written the postal date as, "Mon after midday", on the outside.

As there's only one day of the week beginning with M, and "after midday" could easily have been shortened to pm, it's seems the sender was just going through the motions of copying from sheet.

I think this problem might stem from early advice given on this forum. When I first joined the panel (many, many years ago) I read through this thread looking for tips and several posters had suggested making a note of postal times on the envelopes, or to use post-its.

So from day one, I adopted the practice of writing on envelopes; however, I only write on the inside flap and ensure I don't press down too hard so that no markings are visible on the outside. I realised that I only do this because I got into the habit of doing it, but on reflection I doubt it saves much time as I always consult the sheet at the same time to double check.

I think it might be useful for newbies (who might turn to this thread for advice, as I did) if the post at the start of this thread explicitly advised against writing on the outside of envelopes. It might save other panelists from the mild embarrassment of receiving suspicious looking post, or even being kicked off the panel.
  • quoia
    quoia Posts: 14,435 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    bettyboo71 wrote: »

<snip>

On a different subject, I had a cube this week that was very poorly taped up. I know the sellotape they give us isn't very good quality, but they send plenty, so people should be making sure items are properly sealed.

</snip>

There are morons out there :eek: :rotfl:

I despair. TNS will send you tape, people.

43913818-05d3-4017-99d3-abb7fc2fb7ea_zpscvyau7s6.jpg

IMG_12071_zpsswkyby13.jpg
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
  • Snozzle
    Snozzle Posts: 99 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have received a cube this week with no sides taped at all! If I knew how to post t picture I would - who knows how many people have opened it out of curiosity.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    InA wrote: »
    I also find this a bit of a nuisance, and if you think about it, it probably doesn't save time for the sender. I recently had an envelope where someone had written the postal date as, "Mon after midday", on the outside.

As there's only one day of the week beginning with M, and "after midday" could easily have been shortened to pm, it's seems the sender was just going through the motions of copying from sheet.

I think this problem might stem from early advice given on this forum. When I first joined the panel (many, many years ago) I read through this thread looking for tips and several posters had suggested making a note of postal times on the envelopes, or to use post-its.

So from day one, I adopted the practice of writing on envelopes; however, I only write on the inside flap and ensure I don't press down too hard so that no markings are visible on the outside. I realised that I only do this because I got into the habit of doing it, but on reflection I doubt it saves much time as I always consult the sheet at the same time to double check.

I think it might be useful for newbies (who might turn to this thread for advice, as I did) if the post at the start of this thread explicitly advised against writing on the outside of envelopes. It might save other panelists from the mild embarrassment of receiving suspicious looking post, or even being kicked off the panel.

I just put a yellow sticky on each item and the day of posting remove and post etc.
  • Saetana
    Saetana Posts: 1,544 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh joy - I've been away on holiday this week and returned to find my first proper posting pack for this stint arrived - with 2 cubes to post! I suppose it could be worse - at least they didn't send me a posting pack for my holiday week. Seriously considering not being available to do my stint next year - I'd try saying I was unable to post daily for a while and hopefully still be able to do the voucher surveys. More and more of my local post boxes are changing to 9am collections - its rarely possible for me to get out that early in the day - and getting to a post office either entails walking up a very long steep hill or a bus ride into the city centre :(
    2020 Wins:
  • Saetana
    Saetana Posts: 1,544 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I messaged TNS to enquire why so many cubes when its supposed to be 1-2 per month. They replied that a lot of people are on holiday in my area so the total cubes needing posting are divided by the number of panelists not on holiday. I don't consider this to be acceptable and will be monitoring the situation to see if any more cubes turn up soon as I've already had my two this month in my first posting pack. None with my second pack so really hoping that is it. As it is, I'm holding one of the cubes over until next week to post - expecting more than one cube posting in a week is beyond unreasonable for many of us now there are far less convenient post offices.
    2020 Wins:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport