We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

E:12/10 Woolworths big red book

Options

Comments

• catanna4u
    Options
    ooh i hope they draw the winners soon, im excited:T tho also skeptical :rotfl:
  • isitenough
    isitenough Posts: 5,593 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    They could have easily limited you to one play per address (not email as I know people have more than one, as do I!).

I tried several times over the course of the last couple of days, being told the queue was closed, and didn't have the time to sit there and just keep clicking login in the hope I'd get on. There must have been a fairer way of doing it, that's kinda what I meant.
    Wel done to all who won something though. My local Woollies didn't even have any books when I went down there the other day! They should take a hint from Tesco/Argos who have piles of the things to give away not 3 small stacks in the corner!
    Thank you to everyone who posts comps! :A
    I would like to be lucky,healthy & happy in 2020! :T
  • harty23
    harty23 Posts: 97 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was having problems with the site on wednesday, i posted before how when i got to no.6 in the queue i could'nt confirm because there was writing over the submit button, so i couldn't take my turn. well i e'mailed woolies and have just had this reply.

Your email was passed onto me by our customer service team. I was responsible for hosting our 2 day Big Red Book live launch and would like to apologise that you missed your turn at firing the catapult. I have forwarded your email onto our tech team to find out what could have happened that prevented you from taking your turn.

I would also like to send you a copy of the Spider-Man 3 DVD as a small thank you for taking part in our live event. Would you be able to forward me your address details so I can arrange for the DVD to be sent out to you.
    :j
  • Baby_J_2
    Baby_J_2 Posts: 637 Forumite
    Options
    That was nice of them!
  • lewpster
    lewpster Posts: 1,665 Forumite
    Options
    I thought I would email to complain too so I await their response!!!!
  • MeNikki
    MeNikki Posts: 657 Forumite
    Options
    what email address did you use....?

I feel like complaining for not getting in the queue, a smoking mouse for trying too hard to get in the queue, slight RSI and gobsmacked colleagues who didn't understand why I was swearing at my screen all the time ;-)

Congratz to all who won something though...!
    Life without string would be chaos.
  • nettynora
    nettynora Posts: 1,230 Forumite
    Options
    Can anyone still get the red launch website page up. Just tried to check it for update on winners but it won't load properly.
    And if I really were an angel, I'd float over your bed
    Each night a different dream of me I'd plant inside your head
    And if I were an angel, I tell you what I'd do
    I'd appear in a vision and I'd give my wings to you
  • ktflosspot
    ktflosspot Posts: 1,641 Forumite
    Options
    nettynora wrote: »
    Can anyone still get the red launch website page up. Just tried to check it for update on winners but it won't load properly.

brought it up to check for winners but still displaying Wednesdays winners!!!
    Anyone had an email to say they have won something yet?
    I still want to know if i won the bloke in the red boilersuit:rotfl:
    :AIt matters not how long a stars shines ,what is remembered is the brightness of it's light.
    JAN Battle attacks cars, 3 VIP althletics tickets, fairtrade choccy .... yum

Thanks to all posters xxxx
  • harty23
    harty23 Posts: 97 Forumite
    Options
    MeNikki wrote: »

I feel like complaining for not getting in the queue, a smoking mouse for trying too hard to get in the queue, slight RSI and gobsmacked colleagues who didn't understand why I was swearing at my screen all the time ;-)

I contacted them through the "contact us" on the woolworths website. I think i only got the spiderman dvd though, as there was a problem with me not being able to use the summit button.
  • lewpster
    lewpster Posts: 1,665 Forumite
    Options
    MeNikki wrote: »

I also used the contact us button on the woolworths website. I emailed as I thought the competition was too popular, they did not take this into consideration and at the numerous flaws in the log in/registering proceedure.

Not expecting anything back - just wanted to get my point and frustration across!! :mad: :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure