ziggy2407 Posts: 4,078 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Wow, everyone is doing great, just a few little bits from me

11 August

£6.00 Ebay sale
    £1.00 Coupon used
    £0.80 COS
    £0.75 Snap & Save (Topcashback) - first time I've used this and will definitely be checking again now I know it's there

Also still managing to keep on top of surveys and uploading receipts to various apps

Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 32/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 11 August 2017 at 10:53PM
    Options
    Evening all

Just had a very frustrating nearly five hours !! Received a message that there was a large update to do on win10 and asking me to book a time. I booked 6.00pm and it took over two hours :eek: Then when it restarted it wouldn't work - no internet except mail, which was squashed into a very narrow window and all pinned items had vanished. Also favourites now empty :eek: :eek:

Tried 'chat-help' which was about as much use as a chocolate fire-guard. Eventually I decided to just try a reset to earlier date. Fortunately, once it had reset everything it seems to be working atm fingers xd. If you get offered this update be very suspicious !!

Anyways, well done on all the wonderful money-making :T :beer: :T
    I have £2.39 to add from discount on my vapour for my electronic ciggie - every bit helps eh ;)

Hope you all have a super Saturday
    Lx

Just noticed we're past the 500 posts mark :dance: _party_ :dance:
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 12 August 2017 at 6:04AM
    Options
    lynnejk wrote: »
    Evening all

Just had a very frustrating nearly five hours !! Received a message that there was a large update to do on win10 and asking me to book a time. I booked 6.00pm and it took over two hours :eek: Then when it restarted it wouldn't work - no internet except mail, which was squashed into a very narrow window and all pinned items had vanished. Also favourites now empty :eek: :eek:

Tried 'chat-help' which was about as much use as a chocolate fire-guard. Eventually I decided to just try a reset to earlier date. Fortunately, once it had reset everything it seems to be working atm fingers xd. If you get offered this update be very suspicious !!

Lx

Just noticed we're past the 500 posts mark :dance: _party_ :dance:

Sounds horrendous, Lynne:eek:. I'm glad everything seems to be back to normal for you now:T:j:beer:

Can I ask how you received the update message, please? Was it directly from Microsoft? I've never heard of anyone having to book a time to do one:eek:. I'm only asking because I didn't get one and feel left out if there really is a major update necessary;). I did a Win10 update earlier this week, just a standard, regular one that I received a notification about when I switched my laptop on one day. Only took about 10 minutes in total and nothing terrible happened as a result:j so I assume it wasn't the same one that you had problems with.

Thanks for giving us all the heads-up though:T. Better to be safe than sorry;)
  • MrsCautious
    MrsCautious Posts: 1,575 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 12 August 2017 at 8:19AM
    Options
    Feeling pretty pleased with myself that without money given to me by family for a household repair, I would have smashed my target by now. This has mainly come from eBay and Facebook selling, car boots and mystery shopping. I'm doing 3 mystery shops today, one is lunch and one will be taking my mum out for tea. The other is a beauty treatment, I do enjoy mystery shopping and consider it a hobby - trying to do it out of working hours to not take time away from my day job. For the rest of the month I'm going to continue on eBay, I have £58 due to be paid to me from mystery shopping. I'm getting pennies from Qmee. I'm not doing another car boot sale! I don't have much luck with surveys and if I selected my genuine profession I'm not sure I would get any so I tend to give them a miss! I've signed up to PA though having seen the posts here - thank you. I'm so pleased to have joined the challenge - I still have a lot of decluttering to do but I do feel like I'm in control of it now and I certainly wasn't before joining in! Thanks all for your posts and inspiration x
  • Talia1
    Talia1 Posts: 159 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Great going everyone, the old saying of look after the pennies and the pounds look after themselves is so true.

£10 valued opinions voucher in and £2 Street bees.
    Must get around to ebay, it's the one thing I always put off and before I know it the days gone and I'm doing the same thing the next day ��

PAD challenge 2024 £5363.54/£4180 to pay

• Kantankrus_Mare
    Options
    Did my first two jobs on jobspotter yesterday and they were both accepted. :j £1.73 to add to my amazon account.....every little helps ;)
    Not sure how many more jobs I will spot but it might be worth a walk round town which I never do.

Also another £5 swagbucks amazon voucher.

Am off work for a week now so tips will not be boosting my coffers.
    Think I can handle that though. :D

Right am off to look at amazon to see if I have enough for free bog rolls.:rotfl:
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Am off work for a week now so tips will not be boosting my coffers.
    Think I can handle that though. :D

Right am off to look at amazon to see if I have enough for free bog rolls.:rotfl:

Sounds as if you get through a lot of loo rolls in your house, KM:eek:. You often mention stocking up on it;). I know you bulk-buy though.

Enjoy your week off:beer:
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Did my first two jobs on jobspotter yesterday and they were both accepted. :j £1.73 to add to my amazon account.....every little helps ;)
    Not sure how many more jobs I will spot but it might be worth a walk round town which I never do.

check the verify bit on your phone, see if you have that too. you earn extra with that.

and you will be surprised when looking at shop windows how many still advertise that way now. I was surprised. Just be careful when taking photo of window etc. some store owners have been known to come out and ask why you are taking photos.

I told one, I was sending job advert to my friend but needed shop sign to make sure she went to right shop.

ooh I am running low on toilet roll, only 36 rolls left :rotfl: am off to order more too.
  • Aesop
    Options
    Sounds as if you get through a lot of loo rolls in your house, KM:eek:. You often mention stocking up on it;). I know you bulk-buy though.

Enjoy your week off:beer:

we do :rotfl: :rotfl::rotfl:

but I love the fact that I didn't have to buy loo roll for 2 months and when I do,it's free......
  • Aesop
    Options

sign up for kidstart, you can have your own bank attached to it, and earn money back on your loo rolls ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure