<<<out of cheese error>>>

Options

Comments

• redofromstart
    Options
    3k so far today, the joys of meetings. Stiff and tried as a result, tons better on the days when I move more. I was at least too hot in the office. Hurrah for free warmth.

1 cup of tea before I left, 1 cup of coffee at work. Got home frantic for caffeine, machine on. Out of beans, water and the grinds tray needed emptying. You couldn't make it up!

MrsC, I'll have a look at those beans thanks, I have about 7kg left but it seems unlikely we will do France this year so a timely stock up would be good. The Makro £7 one in the posted leaflet is a standard price I think, have tried that and liked it. There is a costco in the city but I am put off by the fee to join.

The lIdl soft close toilet seat was nice quality and a simple fit by OH, so that is sorted. I also spent a couple of hours 'helping' DS1 to tidy his room yesterday so a few black bags out and his room looks a lot better.

It's really frustrating when the weight just sticks. I've never eaten huge volumes but grains/gluten really makes me pile the pounds on so living on toast made me huge even though I didn't have that many actual calories. I watch what I eat for the fibro, not for dieting, although like most of us I have a few pounds to shift from chocolate and alcohol consumption over the last few weeks.

Tiny quantity of lamb left over from yesterday, probably not enough to do anything with although I could try and stretch it to some sort of rice dish. Not enough potatoes to make even a sparse shepherds pie, although I do have cabbage. Bubble and squeak? Too tired to make decisions which is danger zone for takeaway, but remember:

Dentists bill :(
    Tax bill :(
    Crap news on pensions into Administration today :(

Right, I am off to inspect the fridge and see what I can cobble together. Could defrost sausages, and serve with bubble and squeak and a mountain of veg and gravy :)
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Readers, I am sure you are desperate to know what I did...

Sausages and mash with gravy.

Kept my pennies firmly in my moth filled pockets. Sometimes it takes a reminder of why we are not spending, and if I am frittering £20 I'd rather buy me something like books rather than tummy ache and lethargy tomorrow.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I find I'm ok with carbs if I have wholemeal bread, brown rice etc. It's more filling and much tastier.

:eek: to no coffee!
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,416 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well this is timely - tried cauli rice for the first time at the weekend! Bought a small wobbleflower reduced from T's and blitzed it in the processor, threw it into a frying pan with a splash of rapeseed oil and added the chicken juices while it was cooking to add a bit more flavour along with some salt & pepper. Finished it off with a splash of lime juice and some chopped coriander - it was delish! I was deeply impressed - even more so that MrEH (Who'd caught on to the fact that it was a trendy "of the moment" type food so was determined to hate it!) agreed that it was lovely too! :T We'll be going there again!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • redofromstart
    Options
    EH Timely indeed. I do like cauli rice, but in moderation. Prefer courgette ribbons to pasta but then I don't like pasta anyway.
    HHoD I was brought up on wholemeal and brown rice . My mother has always been a very healthy eater and she did try to pass it on to us as well.

I wasn't in the office today so I thought I would nip out and have a mooch around some shops before my conference call. A fatal error obviously, only I was actually quite good. I have £30 of one4all vouchers but couldn't find anything in Marks n Spensive that I really liked and really needed. Could have bought some stuff in the beauty bit but I am on my self imposed ban. Back in my purse they go until I find something that we do need rather than something that will do.

MrA has some very reduced bits in the sale, worth a scan to see as the SEL didn't show the reductions. £1.28 invested in 6 x pens/pads/ruler sets at 20p and 4 x folding rulers at 2p for the present drawer.

MrS had some 13.5 tog branded double duvets for £11.20 so replaced our very ancient one. Hopefully now I will stop waking up shivering in the night, I much prefer the hot flushes.

MrT had nothing left of the seasonal stuff, but they did have the needed next size up school trousers for DS2.

All of this trotting round shops generated 8k of steps, so not in SAs range, but a good start.

Came home and lost the will to live talking to outgoing and incoming broadband suppliers. Cancelled incoming as they have not kept me informed, and they still couldn't give me a date for the changeover that should have happened last week. Looking on the telecomms board this seems to be a common problem with changing to Vfne.

My car tax to do (all of £30), and a car insurance renewal to do some comparisons on. I always forget that it goes out in February and uses the no council tax money which in my head had been allocated to the dentists bill. Really need to work out the tax bill so I know just how much of a cash flow problem we have.
  • MrsChaos
    MrsChaos Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I enjoy bargain hunting around the shops, but it takes up so much time that I can't always justify it. DS1 had new duvet/pillows/duvet set (Racing Green - his current favourite brand) for Christmas and is very happy. Your price was better, though.

Hope you get the finances sorted soon.

This is proving to be an 'interesting' week. DS2 misplaced his winter coat at school yesterday. Took the waterproof today with instructions to find the missing coat and ended up coming home minus either. :( If snow doesn't stop us from driving in the morning, we'll have to give him a lift to school.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    A very good idea not to spend your vouchers if you didn't fall in love with something. I admire your self discipline :T.

I hope the new duvet is cosy.

Our accountants have nesrly finished our tax returns, I hate this time of year :eek:.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Good mindful shopping there Redo :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,416 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Mrs Chaos - I bet if you make him walk, in the cold, he'll rapidly manage to track down at least one of the mislaid items AND be more careful where he leaves them in the future!:p

Redo massively impressed with your discipline with the vouchers - well done! :T Good to hear that someone else is on a self-imposed toiletry-type stuff ban too.

You've reminded me that MrEH's car tax will be due next month (I think) or the one after. It's also just £30 though so none so bad.

And can anyone explain to me why accountants seem to want to leave tax returns until this point when they can be done and submitted any time from April? I always used to do mine as soon as I could to avoid delaying the painful process, but this time of year is ALWAYS full of folk saying about needing to do them! SO pleased to not have to do one any more though - although it never took long it was always a bit of a faff.
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • System
    System Posts: 178,100 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thank you for your reply on EH thread about couch to 5k . Once the lurgy has gone I am going to try it on the treadmill in the gym as you said. It will make use of the gym and feel like achieving something.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback