Halifax Clarity Card owners - how soon did yours arrive? (Plus £20 cashback details)

Hi all

Typical me - I've left this a bit late. I'm going abroad next week; leaving home Tuesday evening and flying Wednesday morning. I've just been reading a bout the Halifax Clarity Card and it seems it could be a good option for me to have. I have called Halifax and they say that if I am accepted I will receive the card within 7 working days. The rep said it would likely be sooner but obviously no guarantees. So I wondered if anyone who has got one of these cards can remember how quickly there's arrived?

RE the £20 cashback current deal. Do you have to go through MSE to get that? I thought I read that somewhere but then the Halifax website itself lists the offer so I'm guessing not. And one final thing - does anyone know what the minimum foreign transaction purchase on the card is to qualify for the cashback? I asked on the phone but they didn't seem to know.

Many thanks :)

Comments

• Candyapple
    Candyapple Posts: 3,384 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    I highly doubt you would receive the card in time, if anything you'll probably receive the PIN first and the card 2-3 days later, or vice versa.

The £20 cashback deal is not an MSE exclusive, just apply via Halifax's website.

There is no minimum spend for the offer, you just have to make a purchase in a foreign currency.

Here are the T&Cs:
    Cashback offer conditions
    Cashback offer valid on accounts opened between 8th May and 3rd September 2017
    The £20 cashback will only apply on the first purchase transaction in a foreign currency made by 30th September 2017
    The £20 cashback will be applied to your credit card retail balance within 90 days of the transaction being made and will appear on your statement as ‘Foreign purchase cashback’
    The cashback offer is only valid on one transaction per customer
    The cashback offer will not affect the minimum payment due and you should pay this each month on time.

If you are going to Europe and you have a Metro bank nearby, you could just open an account there as they give you card and PIN there and then.

https://www.metrobankonline.co.uk/bank-accounts/i-want-some-information-about/using-my-card-abroad/
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    It's a few years since I got mine but it took a long time to get card and pin, think it was approaching a month and I missed out using it on the holiday I originally intended.

Been very good since though and not really had any problems, cashback offers are also useful from time to time.
  • kovacsi76
    kovacsi76 Posts: 30 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I applied on a Sunday and received the PIN on Friday and card on Saturday. If you apply tonight (if you haven't already), you would hopefully receive it Tuesday morning. Sorry I didn't check the forum earlier.
  • Kendall80
    Kendall80 Posts: 965 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Mine took 9 days for both card and PIN to arrive. 7 working days.
  • Many thanks for the replies. I decided not to risk it in the end. I only wanted to get it if I could guarantee it would be here in time and by the sounds of it it would have been quite touch and go. I've ordered my foreign currency and I do have a PO card which can be used abroad for purchases with no charges.

Thanks again
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport