The Cutting Down / Giving Up Booze Thread (Part 14)

Options

Comments

• Wanna_Bee_Free
    Options
    Another one today so 4/10 for me please Shaggy.

I slept really well again last night. I’m hoping for another good one tonight.
  • CuppaTea
    CuppaTea Posts: 1,333 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    3/18 please shaggy
    Live for the moment and plan for the future
  • cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 13,416 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning all, 6/21 for me please.
    In April I am taking a break from buying: Books
  • stepuptothepl8
    Options
    Didn't do very well last month, so I'm setting a more realistic target of 5 days this month. Yesterday was day 2. Fingers crossed x
    LBM 1st Feb 2015 £18182 to go :o
    my diary: time to step up to the plate. SPC#079
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,084 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 6 December 2017 at 12:30PM
    Options
    Interesting reaction, Shaggy. Apparently decaffinated coffee has about one third of the caffeine of full strength, so if you've been having a lot of decaff tea and coffee I'd guess withdrawal will occur, even if the symptoms are unexpected. It took me three weeks to make the change from full strength coffee to decaff, and it worked really well. I've only drunk fruit tea for about 30 years, so tea isn't an issue for me. I was, however, completely addicted to it, and would make myself two mugs of tea at one in the olden days. Even I knew that was unhealthy, but it was before I started drinking, so I didn't really regard it as an issue. If you're sleeping well enough Arkers, I wouldn't worry about it.

I did a creative writing MA a few years ago and have been very tardy about my fiction writing. I bumped into my old tutor who I admire hugely last week and we asked after each other's writing. He was disappointed I hadn't finished my novel, but very molified by the fact that I write every day - and I was thinking about this thread when I said that. A big thank you to everyone for being part of it, because it's doing things that most of us don't realise in addition to the thread's title!

Lots of things we discuss on this thread seem to strike a chord with a few people, but they're always reactions I haven't found discussed much elsewhere. I love, love, love this thread!

6/31 please, Shaggy.
    Better is good enough.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,611 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sorry, didn't manage to post yesterday. Although I'm guilty of drinking tea up until bed time, I have stopped late night posting!:)

So including today.

3 AFDs please Shaggy.
  • sukeyboo
    sukeyboo Posts: 2,061 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    2/10 for today please Shaggy
  • Arkers
    Arkers Posts: 1,535 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone,
    4 please Shaggy.
    Arkers x
  • BACKFRMTHEEDGE
    Options
    I know it is a funny time of year but I've decided to quit drinking for at least 3 months (probably for good). I drink every night between 5 and 10 units probably. And it is making me feel carp. I was supposed to go out with some mates tomorrow night but I've whatsapped them to tell them I'm not well (probably truer than I think).

So Shaggy 26 for December please.

I'll be back tomorrow to tell you what my first night was like. Not expecting much sleep.
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step

Savings For Kids 1st Jan 2019 £16,112
  • BACKFRMTHEEDGE
    Options
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    I know that when I did it, the advice was that although I was still coping relatively well with the amount I was drinking, within a couple of years I would be at a stage when dealing with it, ie stopping, would be a lot, lot harder.

Thank you for your post Honey Bear. This struck a chord with me. It made me realise I must quit now while I still can. I've given up many times - once for four months- each time quitting has been harder than the previous times.

Thanks.
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step

Savings For Kids 1st Jan 2019 £16,112
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills