BMW 2 Series

Hi All,

Quick question how do people that own the 2 series find the up keep and running?

Comments

• Mercdriver
    Mercdriver Posts: 3,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hi All,

Quick question how do people that own the 2 series find the up keep and running?

It's not the most popular of BMW models, by that I mean common. Almost had one on hire last year, but was 'upgraded' to a Hybrid Auris...

Your best bet for complete answers is a dedicated BMW forum.
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,473 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hi All,

Any particular model in mind? They run from a 3 cylinder 1.5 petrol with 138PS through to 3.0 litre 345PS petrol variants, with multiple diesel options and also multiple body styles - coupe, convertible, active tourer and gran tourer?
  • Mobeer
    Mobeer Posts: 1,851 Forumite
    Academoney Grad First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
  • welshdent
    welshdent Posts: 1,990 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Which specific model? We have a 116i. It's not a 2 series but it's more or less the same if we ignore the boot.

I get around 270-310 miles average driving per tank and up to 400 steady motorway cruising.

Costs around 200 a month with my mileage.

Tyres are typically BMW. Not the cheapest! They are run flats.

Brother in law has a 140. That does drink fuel like it's going out of fashion.
  • Mercdriver
    Mercdriver Posts: 3,898 Forumite
    welshdent wrote: »
    Which specific model? We have a 116i. It's not a 2 series but it's more or less the same if we ignore the boot.

I get around 270-310 miles average driving per tank and up to 400 steady motorway cruising.

Wow if yours is only doing 270 miles per tank your BiL would be filling up every 100 miles! 270 - 310 isn't a lot of miles on a 52 litre tank...
  • welshdent
    welshdent Posts: 1,990 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    That's why the other car is electric haha. We aren't heavy footed. It's an auto so that may bring it down a bit.
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    Hi All,

Best place to ask is over on babybmw.net, although it is a bit of a strange question to ask.
  • Inner_Zone
    Inner_Zone Posts: 2,853 Forumite
    welshdent wrote: »

Though the 1 series was RWD and the 2 series FWD?
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    Inner_Zone wrote: »
    Though the 1 series was RWD and the 2 series FWD?
    There's the 2 series Active & Grand Tourers, those horrible looking people carriers that they brought out, which are FWD, but the 2 series Coupe is RWD.

Having said that the 1 & 2 series will all be going to FWD in the next generation to be released in a couple of years time.
  • Inner_Zone
    Inner_Zone Posts: 2,853 Forumite
    Ah, did not realise there was a RWD series 2. Agreed about the people carriers.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure