PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Options

Comments

• babyblade41
    babyblade41 Posts: 3,935 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 5 December 2018 at 12:34PM
    Options
    October 6th offer accepted for ours

October 13 th offer accepted on one we want to buy,

We are buying an empty house with power of attorneys, our buyers have a straight cash buyer and no mortgages needed for me or my buyer....easy you'd think ? NOT
    Completion set for December 7th

November 5th all searches done and enquiries answered. Problem and only one problem .
    The one we are buying is unregistered but vendors solicitor and agent state deeds are available .

Vendors solicitor insists on registering the house first, but registers it without the garden :mad:

Land registry advise to do an amendment so that is done , rejected by Land registry and told to do an adverse possession.

The house had already sold off two pieces of unregistered land with no problems years ago

Land registry now state a site visit is needed although the house was registered within a few days with exact same documents as they have now .

Not allowed to know when the site visit takes place but will be within 2 weeks (28th November )

My husband is unwell with a major heart condition and is desperate to go home (we are away from family by a long way)

My buyers have to complete Friday and try and find somewhere to stay and hopefully keep them onboard as they might try and find somewhere else .

so for the last 5 weeks we are still waiting with no tangible timeline.
    All packed up and have had to try and re-arrange my husbands wifi heart monitor from our hospital to the new hospital and back again all cancelled , removals cancelled and trailers for the animal all cancelled

So this xmas looks like we will be on our own and not able to see our daughter with everything shut down for xmas and new year

Feeling pretty helpless , sad, frustrated and completely stressed out .

I feel for all of you who are going through this especially as it's all out of our control

resignations sent in and job offers on hold , now not knowing what is going to collapse first
  • jennhg88
    jennhg88 Posts: 253 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    chunkytfg wrote: »

Getting there and annoyingly it seems to be happening a bit quicker than I wanted it to! We are finding ourselves sitting on stuff for extra amounts of time before responding to try and slow it all down. We really don't want to complete before End of feb/early march

Are your vendors aware of this? I'd be !!!!ed.....
  • chunkytfg
    chunkytfg Posts: 844 Forumite
    Options
    jennhg88 wrote: »
    Are your vendors aware of this? I'd be !!!!ed.....

We are FTB and its a probate sale so no chain. The end of Feb will be 12 weeks including Xmas in the middle of it so its not like i'm dragging it out for months and months.
    Those who risk nothing, Do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing
    MFW #63 £0/£500
  • babyblade41
    Options
    We are FTB and its a probate sale so no chain. The end of Feb will be 12 weeks including Xmas in the middle of it so its not like i'm dragging it out for months and months.

Possibly have a word with your vendors solicitor as even though probate the people who are inheriting the house could be relying on proceeds of the house sale .
    The reason I say is that I had to pay for all funeral expenses upfront but couldn't get reimbursed until assets were sold which caused me great financial distress .
    It might be the end of the chain but people are still involved that is why the sale is going through quickly.
    Also someone could come along and make another offer if contracts haven't been exchanged .
  • chunkytfg
    Options
    Possibly have a word with your vendors solicitor as even though probate the people who are inheriting the house could be relying on proceeds of the house sale .
    The reason I say is that I had to pay for all funeral expenses upfront but couldn't get reimbursed until assets were sold which caused me great financial distress .
    It might be the end of the chain but people are still involved that is why the sale is going through quickly.
    Also someone could come along and make another offer if contracts haven't been exchanged .

Our solicitors are aware we are in no rush and if that message needs to be passed on to the sellers solicitor then thats fine. We are not sitting on paperwork for weeks and weeks. just taking the kind of time people with busy lives take to get things done in
    MFW #63 £0/£500
  • babyblade41
    Options
    Our solicitors are aware we are in no rush and if that message needs to be passed on to the sellers solicitor then thats fine. We are not sitting on paperwork for weeks and weeks. just taking the kind of time people with busy lives take to get things done in

I see, but don't be too surprised if someone comes along with a quicker route for probate .

If you aren't too bothered with your purchase then I suppose you can determine the speed of it.

Wish we could be in that position but everyone is desperate to get ours through .. hope it works out
  • chunkytfg
    Options
    I see, but don't be too surprised if someone comes along with a quicker route for probate .

If you aren't too bothered with your purchase then I suppose you can determine the speed of it.

Wish we could be in that position but everyone is desperate to get ours through .. hope it works out

We understand that. If it doesn't complete then so be it. there will be others. :beer:
    MFW #63 £0/£500
  • pinkduvetdiva
    Options
    I'm back - but only for a flying visit!

Since I was last here, the sellers got their act together and purchased the freehold on the house. We exchanged today and completion is planned for next Wednesday.
    Once this is done, I am never moving house again.

We have completed, Mr PDD went to the EA to pick up the keys, and I’m at work itching for 5pm to come round so we can go to our new house!
    Good luck to everyone still on their housebuying journey.
  • chunkytfg
    Options
    We have completed, Mr PDD went to the EA to pick up the keys, and I’m at work itching for 5pm to come round so we can go to our new house!

Congrats :beer::beer::beer:
    MFW #63 £0/£500
  • woollisox
    Options

Congratulations! :T
    Can’t wait til I’m at this stage!!
    We’re currently on day 32 since seller changed sols. Had an email 26/11 from my sols to say that they are still awaiting paperwork from vendors sols. Emailed mine on 30/11 to chase again and no response. Just getting really fed up.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback