PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Options

Comments

• middy991
    Options
    completed by 10am this morning yay off to pick keys up now
  • liquoricet
    Options
    @goodwithsaving I've a very chilled out husband who is stopping me overreacting every time our vendor's EA starts being stressy at us (their job I suppose). I was also hoping we'd exchange before Xmas but knew it was hopeful.

@middy991 great news about completing . It must be a lovely feeling!
  • JoJo1978
    JoJo1978 Posts: 375 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    We've now been in for a week and are purr-fect foster mum and dad to previous owner's cat to avoid him being cooped up in the flat they have moved to temporarily. It's a little strange for them and us that they pop back to visit the beloved moggy, but they do miss him so!

Just wanted to wish everyone a peaceful holiday season and I'll check back on progress in the new year before I get myself over to the employment board to kick start my career change lol.
  • middy991
    Options
    wow what a day still cant believe we have our own place its not much but it will be ours,carpets ordered new wardrobes and beds so officially skint but will be saving over £100 a month rather than renting
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,717 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Congratulations middy! :j :j

And lovely to hear how you're getting on JoJo :j i do so love hearing success stories :T

Hugs and mince pies for the rest of us over Christmas - fingers crossed for a few January exchanges (including mine!!)
  • mutley74
    mutley74 Posts: 4,022 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well I am delayed (which suits me better).
    Awaiting for vendor solicitor to confirm a building regs insurance (which my sol thinks I need, but local building control advice say it is nit worth it).

A restricted covenant that breached by previous vendors was not declared at the start. Vendor's sol is looking to get insurance for this, when LA legal land legal team say for £75 one can apply for retrospective approval (a simple admin exercise I'm told). So now all balls in the vendor's court for the past week or so.
    Plus a buffer mining report - which i am sure vendor will probably not pay for!

Just means i need to think if it is worth buying appliances in the NY sales??
  • Firsttimebuyers
    Options
    Congratulations Middy! We're in the same boat, although we'll be paying slightly more in the mortgage than our current rent, although we're gaining a bedroom, garden and drive for that price!

Our solicitors started searches 4 weeks ago today, zero contact since. I sent them an email last week asking for an update prior to them closing for Christmas and they've not replied to me, annoying as we just want to make sure things are ticking over nicely.
  • Pulpstar
    Options
    On the 7th my buyers informed me they needed to be in by 14th Jan.

So over the weekend I made arrangements to break the chain (temp accomodation) including hiring out storage, and I sent an email to my solicitor asking to exchange week ending the 15th.
    (The arrangements are fine so long as I have a bit of time to move everything about...)
    My buyers were then sent the wrong paperwork by their sols last week, and I've been trying to exchange all this week.
    They tried to send the cash through for exchange yesterday online but it failed or some such so they're going into branch to transfer the funds across this afternoon.

I just want legal certainty with my sale over christmas, is that too much to ask :( ?
  • mutley74
    mutley74 Posts: 4,022 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Congratulations Middy! We're in the same boat, although we'll be paying slightly more in the mortgage than our current rent, although we're gaining a bedroom, garden and drive for that price!

Our solicitors started searches 4 weeks ago today, zero contact since. I sent them an email last week asking for an update prior to them closing for Christmas and they've not replied to me, annoying as we just want to make sure things are ticking over nicely.

worth giving them a call usually one of the PAs should be able to give you an update.
  • Firsttimebuyers
    Options
    mutley74 wrote: »
    worth giving them a call usually one of the PAs should be able to give you an update.

Thanks - I've left a message, and another email (3rd in the last week) and still no reply from them. I know they're busy, but all the emails come via their PA anyway so surely a quick email to say they're waiting on searches still / searches are back but haven't been read yet isn't difficult.

From what I've read on here, we still need to receive a report with results of searches, a fixtures and fittings form, then draft contracts before we can exchange - does that sound right?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback