Buffy Keeps on the Straight and Narrow

Options

Comments

• Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    another snow day - which is lovely like a respite from the job, days off without guilt or expectation.

Mum's isn't well tho. bad cough. Due to the snow (I don't if anyone has noticed but we have had a bit of snow ;) ) she hasn't been giving my sister lifts and I think the rest has allowed her to slow down and relax and well......with all of us that tends to lead to illness!

Despite my natural tendency to be lazy the women in this family were made to keep going! If we stop we really stop!

The money is in my bank now. I have left 3000 to buy a car, moved the other two to my other current accounts and set it up so a 1000 pounds cycles through all the accounts (leaving a 100 or so in each one) to get a little interest until I pay for stuff like the dentist and the garden.

Feel a bit sick if I am honest.

But something has to happen!

In other news, well there isn't any! three snow days has meant I have done nothing ;););)
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,452 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Dont feel sick Buffy.
    You have done what is best for you at this moment in time.
    Hope your mum is on the mend soon.
    Take care of you xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    what beanie said
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • Magpie100
    Magpie100 Posts: 245 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Buffy, just a lurker popping in to send you some solidarity and strong thoughts. Sounds like you have been having a very tough time of things so don't beat yourself up about the loan. You have the rebate coming and it's not a massive amount of money to pay back in the scheme of things.

I am heartily fed up with the snow now - two days at home this week and I have cabin fever. Pathetic as when I have work five days a week all I want is a day at home. And as soon as I have it I start to go mad in a slightly different way!

I really really hope something shifts in a positive direction for you and your family soon. Spring must be on its way which should health. Book yourself a holiday! Is it worth posting an SOA to see if it would have you focus on saving a bit more? I know you know your stuff though so ignore me if it's the last thing you want to do.

Hope you get a new car sorted very soon. M100
  • beanielou
    Options
    :eek::eek:Day 5 of snow here now:rotfl::rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,392 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Don't feel bad about the loan Buffy, at least you know you can afford to repay it and it will get you sorted with all the things you need to pay out. I felt the same when I re-mortgaged to do my house up, I'm so pleased I took the plunge now.

Hope your mum feels better soon xx
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    In 2013 I borrowed 7000 to pay for a car (which was totalled whilst parked) my Masters and the boiler. I had forgotten about it.

I bought my current car with a tax rebate and savings. I paid for the bathroom with savings. I am so all or nothing!

I paid it off, some how and went to Munich for a weekend with a very good friend who I chatted to this very afternoon - i do love her, so understanding and supportive. So I haven't left the country since 2013 not 2011. Not so bad.

It is quite funny reading my old diaries, sometimes I can tell that I was really happy - even if I don't directly say.

It did lead to some horrible thoughts, there was one bit where I was moaning (I know - a shock! ;) about family and I realised as I was reading it that that would never happen again and how much more relaxed I was. Felt bad.

I don't think I said but Mum has been really ill this weekend, had whatever I had last weekend. I have never in my life known her to be this ill. This is the second time - first was in the summer. But yesterday I thought I would be getting an ambulance. I am very worried about her, she went to bed yesterday, like in the afternoon and on Friday ordered loads of stuff on Sainsbury's we didn't need and didn't remember doing it.

In other news - how have you people kept up with me? I at least used to be funny but recent diaries I have been tired and had toothache! And SO ill so often - no wonder Beanie spends half her life telling me to go to the doctors!

It is funny tho, reading it all again, I haven't done that badly. I mean I am a disaster as far as money is concerned! You wouldn't believe how much I am laughing as I type this! 2016 sucked in a lot of ways but there was always an upside and 2017 taught me SO much it is unbelievable.

I had better post this, been here hours.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Plans for tomorrow, as well as Work Obviously!

1. Ring gardener
    2. Ring Mortgage people, Been looking at a couple of properties up North for months. It was something I was thinking about way back at the end of 2016 but couldn't do anything due to BIL over the summer in terms of investigating properties, I looked at them all summer. I am still on the mailing lists and liked two properties recently. This mortgage company take all comers so we shall see.
    3. Need to take Mum's car to the menders.
    4. Planning!

3 weeks 4 days till next holiday!
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Don't just look at the takes all comers mortgage company. You're probably a better prospect than you know. How's the dental work coming along?
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Oh Buffster :rotfl:
    I dont tell you to go to the DR's all the time~~much :rotfl: :rotfl:

Sorry about your mum, the stress has probably caught up with her too :(

Not long til the next holidays :j :j
    How is car hunting going?

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure