Buffy Keeps on the Straight and Narrow

Options

Comments

• Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Fairly raging toothache, not as bad as before. Thought it was going to be the last visit, but she was very good, wants to leave the crown fitting for a few months, in case the tooth doesn't last (think it is about 90% filling!) so it only cost 97 pounds today. Really good dentist. Must write a review.

January sucks. But doesn't it always?

One of my friends, an old work colleague, she died Christmas day.

Funeral is next week. Can't quite believe it. In fact I don't believe it. I have to ask permission to go.

After that I have a mini Ofsted at work.

Must check the bank and attempt to pack my bag for work.

It wasn't a great weekend but have got in touch with the gardener and arranged for that to start again, also to build a fence in the front garden - that will be in half term so I can be here in case of trouble with the neighbour.

Spoke to my best friend Friday, made me feel about a million times better than I have been. I am so thankful for my friends. Especially her, as she has known me so long that she reminds me I am not going crazy!

Got to keep doing. Soon January will be over.

xxxxxxx
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,312 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your friend Buffy, what sad news :(

Pleased to hear your bestie made you feel better, that's what friends are for.

Half way through January now, soon be Spring.

Take care xx
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Sorry about your friend Buffy
    I had to find my own cover for my cousin's funeral last week, but people were really generous.
    Love to you and I hope your toothache disappears soon.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,331 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Sorry about your friend.
    Hope you can get cover.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Thanks. Not really real. At all.

Today went, wake up late, shower, forget to rinse hair. raining, late for work. still with the tooth pain. taught some seriously crap lessons (could barely speak at some points.) hair looked dreadful. couldn't eat.

Did have a successful meeting tho, decent year 11 lesson.

Mum had a powercut and was very relieved when I came home early and sort of sorted. The outdoor electrics were the problem.

Now I feel significantly better, had soup and bread, apple tart (YUM) got petrol, picked up sister.

Really need to check my current account.

And eat some chocolate.

thanks again folks, love to you all XX
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Today was the funeral, her daughters did very well, her sister did well and I felt I had been right to go.

I didn't like it tho, I know you aren't supposed to. But it stirred up stuff that has been happily festering away ignored.

Need to mark about 30 books tonight really should have started. also recycling needs to go out. ok. time to get on.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,331 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    These things do unfortunatly.
    Big hugs my friend xxx
    Now get marking!!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • NoOneAround
    NoOneAround Posts: 1,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You have had such a lot on your plate Buffy.
    Hugs
    NOA
    x
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
    Mortgage Jan14=209,800 Jan15=£200,300 Jan17£180,700>OCT17 £170,200
    Health/Fitness Challenges Priority#1 Stay Fit and healthy - whatever it takes:)
    Wombling Free Cash May2016 £51
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    I think I marked about 75 books at home this week.

my shoulders hurt continuously.

BIL has kidney infection, been in agony all day, needs an operation to change his stent. My poor sister has had to watch this.

Mum is handling quite well so far.

I am not. I am so !!!!ing tired. I have taught almost every how shall I put this....challenging child in the school and I am dead.

Just waiting for sister to come home.
    with news. I just don't know how she is coping with this. I just feel like I can't do anything to help and it is all SO rubbish.

I was looking forward to a bath and bed tonight. Friday is the only night off from marking. But might stay up for a bit with Mum as she will be awake worrying if we go to bed.

I did an epic tidy of my classroom which was good.

Dog is sitting in front of me wanting a walk. Catch you later

And Beanie if you are reading this, you are bloody marvellous and I love you.

Buffy XXX
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Brother in law did not get any worse during the night. The stent change is a regular thing in normal life. But here and now not great. I walked the dogs, had breakfast. Nearly had a row with Mum but didn't, I am getting better at that, she was only giving me advice about my washing (!)

Funny how tv programmes - the ones I watch anyway are all about people finding out who they are and escaping some trap...(Marvel and DC in the main)

anyhow I am supposed to be going out.........can't be bothered but need hay.....and milk.......and ear buds.

Would prefer a nap.

xxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills