Easyjet Flexi Fare customers - did you receive a £7 bistro voucher?

Options
Hi Flexi Farers

I've booked one of these tickets for the first time recently. One of the advantages is a £7 Bistro voucher. I've checked in and I still have not had the voucher...

I wondered if anyone who has used the bistro voucher could tell me if this something you actually physically get (or have to print off)? Or is it something you sort out when on the plane?

Many thanks

Max

Comments

• richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Is it with your booking on the app on your smartphone?
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • Tunstallstoven
    Options
    Hi there

I'll be using a printed boarding pass, and I cannot see anything on that.

I've just live chatted with EJ though and they say there is nothing to print and I'll automatically get the voucher once I board the plane (I guess simply because my boarding pass says I am a flexi farer). I must say though that the rep I was dealing did not seem all that knowledgeable and didn't inspire confidence. It's no biggie as I'm sure £7 won't barely cover a coffee! But would still be nice to know if anyone has been there, done that and got the t-sh/ I mean coffee/baguette.

Thanks for your help Richard
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,575 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have seen mention of this voucher somewhere before, but never received or used one during many EJ Flexi bookings. I prefer to remain hungry rather than partake of the sort of thing served so I never looked into it closely.

The voucher is certainly not issued automatically on boarding the aircraft, when the crew do not even look at your boarding pass. I imagine you have to ask for it somehow, perhaps at the boarding gate or by showing your boarding pass when the crew are serving.

Nothing shows on the app for my current Flexi booking, which was for today but my plans have changed. If nobody discovers more in the meantime I can check on it when I do travel.
    Evolution, not revolution
  • Tunstallstoven
    Options
    Thanks eDicky - very helpful.

I'm a vegan and a bit of a health food enthusiast, but I allow the odd slip up! Whether they'd be anything for me to eat I doubt, but you never know. And a coffee or small shot of gin wouldn't go amiss if it's free!
  • Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I also did not get anything printed on my print at home boarding pass to signify that I booked a Flex ticket and was entitled to this £7 food discount.

I asked at GLA and the staff reprinted my boarding pass. Still nothing to indicate on that new boarding pass that it was a Flex fare or the £7 food inclusion.

Thankfully I had with me a copy of the Easyjet invoice. The cabin crew accepted this as proof of entitlement. I got the impression that they were unsure what to do and how to process the transaction through their hand held payment device. In fact one of the crew told me that they had not processed them before and had to get help from the cabin manager.

After all that phaffing they had run out of all sandwiches, hot and cold, on this evening GLA LGW flight anyway. Ended up with a drink, crisps and a KitKat.

I do think EasyJet could streamline this £7 food inclusion a little better. For passengers and crew!
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've flown Easyjet flexi too many times to count, I've never heard of or been offered this voucher. Is it only on specific routes?

I also fly with Flybe frequently, if you fly with them on an All-In ticket the voucher is printed out the same time as your boarding pass, but it's only for a drink and snack, not sandwiches.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • Tunstallstoven
    Options
    That sounds about right Westin! It was the same flakiness I was met with on the live chat.

Peachyprice - I've seen it in several places I think. If you look at a flight (get to the "pick flights" page), then click on "what are flexi fares", it brings up a list of what you get. The bistro voucher is the last thing on the list. But I'm sure I have seen it elsewhere too...
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,575 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I finally took my Flexi fare flight a few days ago and remembered this thread when already seated. I asked a flight attendant about it, she thought it was for £7 but needed to check with the cabin manager. There's no actual voucher but it's arranged when they are serving, they need to write down the booking code from your boarding pass so a pen is handy, to save them going to look for one. I had a decent beer (IPA) and a little box of 'hand-cooked' crisps, £6.40 or so.
    Evolution, not revolution
  • Tunstallstoven
    Options
    Thanks for reminding me to post!

My flight was delayed by a couple of hours, and - apparently - was only made possible by the attendants working their days off. So I felt a bit bad hassling them about the bistro voucher. Nonetheless, I wanted what I paid for and so as I boarded I asked them about it. The first thing they said was "Have you got a voucher?". I laughed and told them I thought they might say that, and that I'd been told through Live Chat a couple of times that I wouldn't need one. They looked perplexed and said to leave it with them and they'd see what they can do.

When the trolley came I asked again. Again they looked quite perplexed, but then said they had seen my boarding pass and I had a flexi fare, so I could "go for it". And that's what I did... They were really nice about and even helped/encouraged me to make sure I got enough stuff to make up the £7. I'm sure I heard one of them say that they had never done it before. But my ears are always bad on flights and so my hearing wasn't great! They certainly weren't acting like it was a regular thing they do; which is strange as I'm sure there must be a lot of people who use the flexi fares. Or maybe not...

So thanks for all the help, and although I don't fly often it is definitely another good reason to go down the flexi fare route when I do...

Cheers
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport