PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Sunday 23rd July

Options
13»

Comments

• Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,041 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening all.

Welcome to emmwri, you'll fit right in here.

A local job sounds perfect Hester - my fingers will be crossed for you.

I've never been to Cornwall though I stayed in Torquay once as a young child. My scant memory is of a busy and hot part of the country.

It's been a beautiful day, most unexpectedly. I took my new chairs out into the garden, plugged the wireless speaker in the new outside socket, put up the old wee table, poured a glass of lime cordial and took myself out to sit and read. Bliss! Blazing sun, 60s music gently playing in the background and hardly a breeze to bother me.

A neighbour called round on his way past with his two sprocker spaniels (father and son dogs). He knew I was in cos my car was outside so he came through the big front barn, past the shed of sheep and into my car via the back gate! Love my neighbours...no escape - he's my third away neighbour about three miles from here. The young dog dashed around the garden excitedly, investigating every single corner and cranny, even getting up onto a half wall to peer over. Dad dog just got his habitual shoe and sat at my feet wanting to be clapped. They drank a large bowl and a half of water between them.

When I first moved here he did loads of work on the house, later on I donated my unused green leather sofa and unused white leather chair to him which he put in a flat for his son studying in Glasgow. There's always a 'market' for stuff here, one chap has a 'Steptoe and Son' gene, he'll take anything and keep it 'in case'.

This morning I watched my nearest neighbour move her horse from one field, along the track, past my place and gone, all from her car. One hand outstretched holding the horse's rope as she drove along, very very slowly, on their way. Really cheered up my start to the day. She's a lovely lady who just does things her way.

There's nothing I want to watch on TV tonight so I'll carry on with my book. There's a pile of book waiting to be read and passed on, so there's work to be done.

Happy evening everyone.
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Nice day here in between the showers, nice and warm.

bought some strips of marinated belly pork the other day, going to stir fry with veg and serve with rice....nice handy dinner, think that there are some nice dandelion leaves in the garden, will get a few to stretch the small amount of spinach that is ready.

Welcome Emmwri......remember well the frugal holidays when my seven were young, we did have some fun though with barbecues on the beach of lovely fresh mackerel caught in the morning.

Hugs to all who could do with one or more.

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,257 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    We're in recovery mode following a weekend of partying with DH's brother & their wives - lots of chat, catching up, good food and wine :D
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • System
    System Posts: 178,095 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hope you get the job Hester.

Had my cuddle with my Grandaughter. She is an absolute joy in every way! She is less than 2 weeks old and is already settled into a night time routine. Her last feed is at 11pm and she doesnt wake her Mummy up till between 5 and 6.

Talking about her Mummy, talk about piling on the guilt trip. She cant believe i wont be having both Grandchildren on the occasional nights out. Well to be honest Grandad put his foot down but i sort of agree with him. I cant fit Livewires bed and a baby cot in my bedroom and i dont have a spare bedroom. I refuse to split them up because i would have to choose which child, which is like favouritism. I'd cope if i was on my own but hubbys moaning about his lack of sleep is a pain in the backside with one child but with a crying baby wanting her night feeds i fear no one is going to get any sleep. My daughter seems to have taken it rather personally she said "i cant understand why you dont want to have them. I tried to explain but she has taken it as a personal rejection of my love for them. I said i would stay at her house overnight so she didnt have to come home early but she doesnt want that.

I hate being me.
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Judi I think it's a totally understandable decision. It's not like you are saying you won't sit, just not at your house. I don't see the problem? Is she planning on bringing home a wild orgy or something?

Gers congratulations on the job.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,410 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Evening all.
    Sorry it's a late post from me. DD rang this morning to ask if the DGC could come over so that she and DSIL could go to Cardiff shopping for some holiday stuff. My house now looks as if a tornado has hit it, nearly all the toys are out and the electric organ, which DGS really enjoyed playing, well sort of played:rotfl:. DD plays really well so she can teach him the basics. He also said that he wants to learn to sew, so that's over to me then.
    Dad came to lunch too but DGS ate the biggest dinner and then asked for pudding. I just can't fill him up ! DGD ate her Yorkshires (3) and a some veg, but she couldn't possibly eat any more as she had to make room for her pudding :rotfl: and spent most of this afternoon colouring.
    WM is on at the moment as we are due two days of good weather, so I shall put the clothes out before we go to town tomorrow.
    Sorry I'm waffling, must stop now.
    Hi Emmwri :wave:
    Judi hugs
    HH my fingers are crossed for you
    Hope that those on/ going on holiday have a great time/rest.
    Think I'll have an early night, so until tomorrow, sweet dreams all.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure