And so it begins: The Pig Vs The Mortgage

Options

Comments

• wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    i Think you've done really well there PP, we had lunch out today, 3 adults, 2 toddlers, total bill £65, but 25% off thanks to hubby's restaurant card and I'll get 8% cash back via my bank rewards. But that's still Uber extravagant compared to you.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    i Think you've done really well there PP, we had lunch out today, 3 adults, 2 toddlers, total bill £65, but 25% off thanks to hubby's restaurant card and I'll get 8% cash back via my bank rewards. But that's still Uber extravagant compared to you.

Was a new place in town Wish, fairly casual but very healthy (if you ignored the cake;)). Really enjoyed it. Hope you enjoyed your treat too - nice to push the boat out sometimes and living thrifty means that you can :).
    Have a good weekend xx
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Other than lots of spending there's not much to report:o

There's has been one or two mfw wins though, thank goodness!

Batch of Tarka Dhal made

Kitchen floor swept

Laundry on airers

Roast dinner using up lo sliced turkey from the freezer and a pack of ys pigs in blankets padded out with plenty of veg, Yorkshire pudding and roast potatoes. Kids had ys Oreo doughnuts for pud:money:

Door curtain hemmed, lined with fleece and hung up.

£18 requested from TCB

Dressing gown tie sewn back on and hole in favourite walking socks repaired.

Email about ds's college course sent.

Didn't manage a run, soup making, marmalade making, meal planning or gardening. Looks like a list for tomorrow:)

Have a good weekend folks

PP xx
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    pinkypig wrote: »
    Batch of Tarka Dhal made

Roast dinner using up lo sliced turkey from the freezer and a pack of ys pigs in blankets padded out with plenty of veg, Yorkshire pudding and roast potatoes. Kids had ys Oreo doughnuts for pud:money:

Door curtain hemmed, lined with fleece and hung up.

£18 requested from TCB

Dressing gown tie sewn back on and hole in favourite walking socks repaired.
    These are absolutely brilliant! As is your fantastic shop - part of me really wants to know where that warehouse is :rotfl: but its going to be a million miles away from me.

Have a brill weekend yourself.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    These are absolutely brilliant! As is your fantastic shop - part of me really wants to know where that warehouse is :rotfl: but its going to be a million miles away from me.

Have a brill weekend yourself.

Felt better for getting a few things done Karma.

The warehouse is Age Concern, might be worth seeing if there's one locally. I've not got one here but near a friend there is an Emmaus(sp?) which is also really good.

Hope you're rested up and having a nice weekend. Take care xx
  • pinkypig
    Options
    I've just returned from visiting the parentals. Dad's so chilled these days and we've been so focused on the dementia that it comes as a shock now and then when you notice how he's slowing down physically, he looked really doddery today. Still smiling though, bless him:)

Today is going to be in and about home, getting ready for my return to work. I will be going at my own pace though!

Tomato and pesto soup is on and the kids are fed. Omelettes for breakfast:)

Over the weekend i 'd also like to;

Prep family dinner for tomorrow. DF has just texted to say she's bringing pud :A

Make pizza dough for calzone

Make marmalade

Prune back at least one tree

Get another 5 things on eBay

Gather my thoughts on where to from here.

Iron uniform and sort out pe kit

March is going to be about getting by without touching my os pot as they're repairs to do, holiday accommodation to pay for and a month with an empty rental so its going to be super tight.
    Beyond that I have a date in mind for FI which I'm not sure is realistic but I'd like to try therefore numbers to crunch, goals to set and plans to be made!
    Think I might do that lying in front of the fire after my run:)

Happy Saturday:)

PP xx
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm glad your dad's okay, though seeing suddenly how doddery he is can hurt ...

Just google-map-searched for charity warehouses, and a stack came up locally, so thats more online work later in the day for me :)

I love, absolutely love, people's plans for FI, so looking forward to yours :) and enjoy your run!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    I'm glad your dad's okay, though seeing suddenly how doddery he is can hurt ...

Just google-map-searched for charity warehouses, and a stack came up locally, so thats more online work later in the day for me :)

I love, absolutely love, people's plans for FI, so looking forward to yours :) and enjoy your run!

Its so frustrating Karma, I just want to happen quicker and I can quite find a way of making it stack uo:mad: more pondering required!!
  • pinkypig
    Options
    I have felt a bit tired today and everything's felt a bit of an effort so I've opted for an early night with a book ( although I do need to pop out to pick ds up soon - think its going to be coat over PJs and hope I don't break down, well the car, not me:rotfl:).

I have achieved some things but not as much as I would have liked but there's always tomorrow.

Things I have achieved;

Nsd :j

Took dd to the station as she's off to a friend's birthday weekend.

Made tomato and pesto soup for the freezer

Changed one of the beds

Meal plan for March based on freezer stocks

Properly cut back a big section of the garden where trees and shrubs were in dire need of severe pruning. I did that silly thing of carrying on until I was tired and was then faced with loads of clearing up:( The green bin in full to capacity and there's still so many branches:eek: I really didn't feel like it but I got tidied up and they are all stacked in one out of the way place ready to refill the recycling bin once its empty. I've cut them all into wheelie bin friendly lengths so the hard work is done but its going to take a couple of bin refills to shift them .

Once I'd done that it was getting dark and I was jiggered so I didn't get out for a run so that needs to be a priority tomorrow. When I don't exercise properly I feel really sluggish and poor eating habits sneak in - I had biscuits and cake this afternoon just because I was cold, weary and a bit fed up. Tomorrow WILL be different:)

In money news thanks to property maintenance, dentist and summer holiday (:j:D:D) my cc bill is massive so my overpayment target is looking wobbly :( .Nothing I can do about what's on there but I can make sure that its no bigger. There can be no more personal spends this month and I've got cash out for 1 lot of fuel and one small grocery shop and when its gone its gone! I've got two birthdays this month but I have cards as I got 10 for £1 at the card factory and thanks to my January bargains I've got loads of gifts to choose from:)

Another bit of good news was when I got my cheap and cheerful doggy biccies in Morrisons yesterday I got a £5 voucher when I scanned my MM card:j. I also got a coupon for 2000 extra points if I spend £20 in store so I'm going to have a think about how I can use those to my advantage once I've been paid as there's no spare grocery budget this month :p

I want to be mortgage free by December 2022 but its looking impossible if I want to keep up my additional pension contributions (which I do). Not giving up yet though. More pondering needed but not tonight as I'm pooped and my little brain is spinning with it all:rotfl:

Wishing you a fab and thrifty Saturday night :)

PP xx
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Hoping for a less lethargic day today. Slept until 7.15, coffee drunk,book read and I'm off out for a run via the parentals therefore killing two birds with one stone. Let's hope I haven't peaked:rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback