And so it begins: The Pig Vs The Mortgage

Options

Comments

• pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Coffee, bed, bit of a fuzzy head- must be half term Saturday, yey:j:j

Its pouring with rain so I'm going to stay cosy a while longer and contemplate plans for the day.

Yesterday was much calmer than Thursday and Friday night was a perfect start to my jollies, good company, freezer curry and hm naan bread, bottle of gifted wine and finished The Killing. It was also nsd:)

Off to enjoy my book whilst listening to the rain knowing I don't need to rush off anywhere. Bliss xx
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    pinkypig wrote: »
    Can I also say I feel like I've been visited by MFW Royalty :j:j. You're one of my heroes!

Thank you for popping in Ma'am :rotfl::rotfl:
    What, you mean I keep hanging about although I'm not really relevant anymore but everyone is too polite to say so :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Thank you for your kind words Pinky.

Have a lovely half term week.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    gallygirl wrote: »
    What, you mean I keep hanging about although I'm not really relevant anymore but everyone is too polite to say so :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

One day I too shall be royal :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

This is such a nice place to be, and I've been here a loooong time ... Gally's royalty to me too :D
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • gallygirl
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

One day I too shall be royal :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

This is such a nice place to be, and I've been here a loooong time ... Gally's royalty to me too :D
    Different branches of the same family KC :D.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • gallygirl
    Options
    pinkypig wrote: »

Fear I may be getting selfish and a bit obsessed as when I saw news of the ongoing global crash all I could think about was the plummeting value of my pension funds :eek::rotfl:
    BTW, -3.3% in a week, -4.9% in past month :eek:. However, the low risk bonds where I keep 20% of the pot for short-term spends has only dropped 0.5% and that's the most important. Phew!
  • Karmacat
    Options
    gallygirl wrote: »
    Different branches of the same family KC :D.

Oh yeah, I remember finding the certificate ... Richard III had something to do with it :j
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Yey visitors:). Always,lovely to see you, however longer you've been hanging around :rotfl:

[Quoted=gallygirl;73860000]BTW, -3.3% in a week, -4.9% in past month :eek:. However, the low risk bonds where I keep 20% of the pot for short-term spends has only dropped 0.5% and that's the most important. Phew![/QUOTE]

:eek: indeed. I'm getting close to ER (I hope) so my avc is in low risk funds, can't vouch for my money purchase pot from previous employer though:( Thank goodness my TP is final salary.
    You need nerves of steel don't you?:eek:
    Glad your short term spends fund is holding up. Xx
  • pinkypig
    Options
    It would appear the more time I have the more rubbish I am at posting :o

My staycation has been fab so far. Yesterday's rather grim weather didn't stop a run in the woods (long, hot shower afterwards was bliss!) and a lovely wander in the countryside in the afternoon followed by tea and hm cake. It was also a nsd so it ticked the thrift box too:j

Successes so far include;

Two lazy mornings with coffee and a leisurely read in bed
    Finished my book and latest boxset
    Tidied the garden and dug over the last section and got the last of the gifted bulbs planted.
    Swept the patio and decking. The patio is rather green and slimy though so I must do something about that
    Made scones and leftovers soup for today's lunch and treats.
    Had two good sleeps.
    Read through some stuff I'd been putting off - not as scary as I'd thought.
    All meals have been from the freezer so no effort involved, money saved and freezer space created.

Today we are forecast snow showers so after lunch it will be wrap up warm and head out for a long country walk followed by tea and cake in front of the fire. Hard pushed to think of a better way to spend a Sunday:D I'm so hoping ER will look a lot like this!

Happy Sunday :)

PP xx
  • Karmacat
    Options
    That's glorious! That's definitely what a healthy ER looks like :) except there's no scary stuff to read :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure