And so it begins: The Pig Vs The Mortgage

Options

Comments

• pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning Pinky :j

Have a fab day and thank you for your mentions of water, I need to drink more so will add this to my accountability on my journal. I was in bed last night by 10 and needed it, think it was the first day back that did it, so emotional and fraught I was wiped...

Thanks EL, I hope you had a good day too:)

I'm terrible at drinking water so I've forced some routine into day which has helped. I have a glass as soon as I get up and another once I'm ready for work. I then drink a,water bottle on the way to work and one in the way home (I have a 45 minute drive) and another 1 if I've excercised. It's still not a habit though :eek:
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    You are up early Pinky. (So am I, but I was having a bad dream and
    Work up because of it and now I can't sleep)
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Morning :wave:

I had a late night with Dad and missed my post which I don't like doing as I lose my focus:o

Yesterday was busy but it was good as with a bit of forward planning I fit everything in!

Small steps to freedom and wellbeing included;

Drank enough water

Did a long run (event is looming :eek:)

Nsd:j

Cheap,healthy eats (porridge for breakfast, lo chilli for lunch, hm meatballs and batch cooked tomato and basil sauce from the freezer and spaghetti for dinner)

Lunches ready for today

Load of laundry done and on the airer

Another peaceful night with Dad :)

Marking up to date, classroom tidy and resources ready for today

swallowed two smallish frogs

Chatted with DD about what she wants to do for her big birthday:) extended family curry night at home and a meal out with immediate family on the actual day was decided :)

Better hop to it as I've got another busy day. It is however followed by a weekend of self indulgence as the kids are with their dad. It is going to start with an easy freezer dinner and a large glass of red :):)
    Happy nearly the weekend to you :)

PP xx
  • pinkypig
    Options
    You are up early Pinky. (So am I, but I was having a bad dream and
    Work up because of it and now I can't sleep)

Sadly, it's the norm in term time Wish - roll on half term :rotfl:

Hope you sleep better tonight, broken sleep is horrid.

Have a lovely day whatever you're up to :)
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    pinkypig wrote: »
    Sadly, it's the norm in term time Wish - roll on half term :rotfl:

Hope you sleep better tonight, broken sleep is horrid.

Have a lovely day whatever you're up to :)

Thanks Pinky,
    Day 2 of safeguarding training for me. Yesterday was both brutal (in terms of content) and excellent (in terms of training)

Hope your Friday goes well and you get a lie in tomorrow
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • EagerLearner
    Options
    Hi Pinky thank you yes I woke early like you and Wishing today, wasn't feeling great yesterday and woke at 3am, eek... At least today was 5ish. Drank some water just now and taking 5 extra min in bed with a cuppa as still not feeling 100%.
    Have a brilliant day, I'm with you on the easy dinner, we've got soup ready and wine, if I'm feeling that adventurous :o
    MFW #185
    Mortgage slowly being offset! £86,987 /58,742 virtual balance
    Original mortgage free date 2037/ Now Nov 2034 and counting :T
    YNAB lover :D
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Evening :wave:

Poor, neglected diary:o:o. Life is fairly busy at the moment! Added to this I had no Wi-Fi all weekend which quite nice but not conducive to diary updates:o
    In money news I've got a new tenant but I'm not sure when they are moving in but fingers crossed it won't be long. I've also been paid for my extra work I did in the summer and after a bit of deliberation I've decided to pay it into my pension otherwise I'd lose 40% of it in tax:eek:
    Things are ticking along nicely on the budgeting front with grocery and personal spends looking encouraging:). I've had a household £25.98 spend on mattress covers and £8.99 on some rechargeable bike lights for Ds. I also had my shoes reheeled but other than that there have been no unplanned spends.
    The car was refuelled and I reaped the benefit of my batch cooking as the food shop was only £5.93 for fruit, veg and milk:):). I've been catching up on Eat Well For Less :eek: just :eek:
    The weekend was lovely :). A couple of lie ins, coffee and reading in bed, a walk and a trail run. Perfect :)

Today's small steps to success and wellbeing included;

Changed my bed and put my winter duvet and electric blanket on:o

Laundry done and on the airer

Made hummus and overnight oats for healthy snacks

Freezer lo defrosting for lunch tomorrow

Cheap,healthy eats (porridge for breakfast, lo Korma and rice for lunch, sardine and black olive pasta and salad for dinner)

EBay sales packed ready for posting

Classroom tidy, marking up to date and resources ready for tomorrow

Spin class done

Drank enough water (eventually:o)

I'm off for an early night because although work is going well and I'm enjoying being back I'm also knackered:rotfl:

Happy Tuesday to you :)

PP xx
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Thanks Pinky,
    Day 2 of safeguarding training for me. Yesterday was both brutal (in terms of content) and excellent (in terms of training)

Hope your Friday goes well and you get a lie in tomorrow

Hope it went well Wish and you managed to get some rest at the weekend :)
    Hi Pinky thank you yes I woke early like you and Wishing today, wasn't feeling great yesterday and woke at 3am, eek... At least today was 5ish. Drank some water just now and taking 5 extra min in bed with a cuppa as still not feeling 100%.
    Have a brilliant day, I'm with you on the easy dinner, we've got soup ready and wine, if I'm feeling that adventurous :o

Hi EL I hope you're feeling better and managed to enjoy your weekend :)
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Evening :wave:

Hump day already :). This week feels like it's whistling by! Work has been busy as it's my duty day and I do a club so there's not a lot of slack but it's been really good. My class are just lovely and I'm really enjoying my teaching. I hope it lasts :rotfl:

I've promised myself bed by 10 as I've got an early start so it's just a quick update.

Today's small steps to success and wellbeing included:

Drank enough water

Spin class done

Ds's bed changed as it was the only decent drying day this week. Line dried and remade.

Wrapped birthday gifts for three upcoming birthdays

Posted two eBay parcels

Cheap healthy eats (porridge for breakfast, lo tomato and basil pasta from the freezer with salad for lunch and batch cooked chickpea and spinach curry with batch cooked brown rice and quinoa for dinner so no cooking :))

Went to see mum

Nsd:)

Marking up to date, classroom tidy and resources ready for tomorrow - this routine is working really well for me so I'm going to try and stick to it. Mornings are so much nicer when you know you're all set :)

Cleared pile of life detritus from the kitchen :o

Happy Hump Day:)

PP xx
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Morning :wave:

Week 2 done :j and managing to keep my head above water at work and domestically. Hope I can keep it up! My schedule with Dad is quite heavy as he's settled well but doesn't really like it:( The staff are nice but so busy and as he's very quiet and generally well behaved he often has long spells with no company so we have a rota so he has a decent visit morning, afternoon and evening. My sister is back from hols soon so it will be much easier next week:)

In money news I've had a few spends but all were necessary. I did the food shop for £20.65 as we are still pretty much eating the batch cooking from last month :). I also paid my Christmas dinner deposit and milk money at work and a sponsorship for a colleague. £7 from grocery and £15 from personal. I also got everything for DD's family get together for her big birthday :). £95.85 which was ingredients for different curries, dessert ingredients and the stuff to make her cake plus two boxes of wine, some lager, cider and bitter and soft drinks for 30. Thank you Aldi :A
    I've done a curry in the sc overnight every night this week and put it in the freezer. Her cake plus two for work are in the oven ready for icing tomorrow. I've got dad today so tonight is desserts which leaves naan bread, rice and a good clean of the house for tomorrow. Its family from her dad's side coming too so I'm a bit nervous:( Hope everything looks and tastes ok when I've finished. Lots of moral support from my side though so it'll be ok:)
    I'm going to have a coffee and read while I'm waiting for my cakes to bake then it's a quick shower and off to Dad's.

Happy Saturday to you:)

PP xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback