And so it begins: The Pig Vs The Mortgage

Options

Comments

• dingdongavon
    Options
    Evening PP. Belated congrats to your son on exam results. What is he doing next ?
    My son only took maths, english and sciences due to not being in full time education for the past few years but he actually passed them all which is fantastic considering his circumstances. He is enrolled at college and I am hoping a fresh start will really help him.

Glad your dad is settling in to the home and hope your mum gets used to it too. It must be very hard not having your person with you all the time.

Well done on your figures you are an inspiration. I don't understand a lot of what the figures are but they look very healthy lol.

We have been sorting the last room in house that was used as dumping ground when we moved in January and i have stuff to sell on ebay now.
    My wife and her daughter have been very busy attacking the garden and we need a lot of money ( thousands) to get it done properly so money will be going to that before we increase mortgage payments.

My eldest is off to Uni in couple of weeks which hopefully means less spending !! Have spend fortune on clothes and all the bits and pieces he needs to go with him.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    School! :( Oh no! Hope it goes well. Just imagine how much all the early retirement things are helping you :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thanks DDA and well done to your ds - great news:)

Survived Karma although there were no kids today, that's tomorrow:eek:

Another quick one from me as I need my bed!

It wasn't a nsd as I needed fuel but other than that I've had no spends .

Mfw steps to success included;

Almost drank enough water

Cheap, healthy eats (porridge for breakfast, lunch was provided for me and the kids had lo /packed lunch and batch cooked korma, basmati rice and hm naan for dinner)

Lunches ready for tomorrow and batch cooked chilli is defrosting ready for dinner.

Nice, relaxed evening with Dad

Kids on good form:)

Load of laundry in the machine

Dishwasher emptied

Classroom prepped, resourced and ready for action:eek:

Happy Monday to you:)

PP xx
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • woodfired
    Options
    Good luck on your first day back with the kids! I am not missing the September dread at all this year. Sounds like you're really organised though, very on it! Keep up the good work.x
    New Mortgage: £240 999 7/2/20Current Balance: £ 205 000 Aug 23Mortgage Advance £27 000 April 2022Current Balance £22 450 Aug 23Business Loan £89 000 Jan 2023Current Balance £44 499 Aug 23
  • EagerLearner
    Options
    Hey pinky I finally read your diary, so inspiring! I love the healthy food you make, must make some different recipes this autumn...
    I hope the start of school was OK, and that your dad is comfortable and rested, you are doing amazingly. My dad passed several years ago through cancer, sadly I was away on long term holiday when it happened, I wasn't able to spend time with him and family protected me from how bad it was to ensure I went on the trip. It's valuable time and he's no doubt so thankful for the company.
    Thank you for popping by my new diary and saying hello!
    MFW #185
    Mortgage slowly being offset! £86,987 /58,742 virtual balance
    Original mortgage free date 2037/ Now Nov 2034 and counting :T
    YNAB lover :D
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Are you still standing Pinky?
    I used to find the first day back almost as exhausting as the lst day of the year.

Keep smiling. Hump day tomorrow.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • pinkypig
    Options
    woodfired wrote: »
    Good luck on your first day back with the kids! I am not missing the September dread at all this year. Sounds like you're really organised though, very on it! Keep up the good work.x

Thanks WF - enjoy your 'no start of term' September :)
    Hey pinky I finally read your diary, so inspiring! I love the healthy food you make, must make some different recipes this autumn...
    I hope the start of school was OK, and that your dad is comfortable and rested, you are doing amazingly. My dad passed several years ago through cancer, sadly I was away on long term holiday when it happened, I wasn't able to spend time with him and family protected me from how bad it was to ensure I went on the trip. It's valuable time and he's no doubt so thankful for the company.
    Thank you for popping by my new diary and saying hello!

Hi EL - so sorry about your Dad, it's so hard when they start to fail but you're right, all you can do is focus on making the most of the now as the future will be what it will be:A
    I'm enjoying your diary enormously too, your enthusiasm is catching:)
    Are you still standing Pinky?
    I used to find the first day back almost as exhausting as the lst day of the year.

Keep smiling. Hump day tomorrow.

Cheers Wish, I am indeed still standing but ready for an early night:rotfl:
    Hope you're managing to keep all them plates spinning too:eek:
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Evening :wave:

Survived day 1:j. As first days go it was actually quite good as with the exception of a coup!e of 'characters ' my new class is lovely:)
    I've had a dad free evening but as it was training night for ds the turnaround was still bonkers - 17 minutes from through the door, heated up chilli and the precooked rice (thank goodness I did that this morning), ate and then out the door again :eek:

Mfw and wellbeing successes for today included;

Drank enough water

Spin class done

Showered at the gym

Lunches for tomorrow done

Load of laundry done and on the airer

Hoovered the kitchen and hallway

Cheap, healthy eats ( porridge for breakfast, lo Korma for lunch and batch cooked chilli and rice for dinner)

A nsd

Classroom tidy and all resources ready for tomorrow

Marking up to date

I'm off to watch TGBBO on catch up followed by an early night.

Happy Tuesday to you :)

PP xx
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Evening:wave:

Today has been a good day :). I've done the evening shift with Dad so I had very little time at home but both the kids are out tonight so I feel less guilty:o. Work was good with no major excitement which is always good. The day literally flew by:)

Mfw and wellbeing small steps to success included;

A nsd :j

Drank enough water

Laundry line dried, folded and put away

Lunches ready for tomorrow

Cheap healthy eats (porridge for breakfast, lo chilli for lunch and the kids were out I took lo pesto pasta and salad with me and had dinner with dad)

A relaxed evening with Dad - priceless :)

Kids seem happy although I haven't actually seen them :rotfl:

Classroom tidy, marking up to date and tomorrow's resources ready

Off to bed as I've promised myself lights out before 10.30 or I end up tired and grumpy and nobody wants that :rotfl:

Happy Hump day to you :)

PP xx
  • EagerLearner
    Options
    Morning Pinky :j

Have a fab day and thank you for your mentions of water, I need to drink more so will add this to my accountability on my journal. I was in bed last night by 10 and needed it, think it was the first day back that did it, so emotional and fraught I was wiped...
    MFW #185
    Mortgage slowly being offset! £86,987 /58,742 virtual balance
    Original mortgage free date 2037/ Now Nov 2034 and counting :T
    YNAB lover :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills