IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

MET Parking services !!! MCD weston super mare

Options
13»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 27 July 2017 at 12:18AM
    Options
    edy500 wrote: »
    Thank you so much guys!

so whats the general consensus?
    should i just appeal on the out of time grounds?
    the ntk has a date on it which is the 18th and it was delivered on the 21st, so it was well after the 14 days period.

im still yet to hear anything back from my twitter to MCD UK or my official complaint to MCD customer service with regard to my mum... needless to say should i not hear anything from MCD i pledge to never use MCD again.

Why not just add the bit about the NTK being out of time at the bottom of the longer rant, saying:

Finally, to focus your mind on cancelling the charge, apart from anything else you will lose at POPLA because the NTK was served too late for keeper liability. If you fail to reply and pretend a POPLA code was sent all along, I will report MET to the BPA, DVLA and Trading Standards because it has not gone unnoticed that this happens too often to be a coincidence. Rogue practices do your industry's bottom-feeding reputation no favours at all.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • edy500
    edy500 Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, i have been away so havent been able to update this post,

so i sent my appeal to MET before i went away and on my return i have received a reply letter from them with regard to my appeal.
    they have asked for a copy of my mums blue badge... and written something about them having to see a copy of this to ensure blue badges arent misused!! thats a bit rich if you ask me....

ive also notice that the parking charge notice that i was sent through the post and the first time i was aware of this parking charge actually has 'REMINDER' on it under the heading 'parking charge....
    would this be standard on a parking charge NTK?
    or have they put that so to look like i had been previously informed??

i only ask as i didnt receive anything prior.

so on this reply letter from MET asking for my mums blue badge they have
    put the parking charge reference number and have also put the date of issue of the parking charge notice as being the 20/6/17,
    however the incident happened on the 15th june and i didnt receive anything from them until the parking charge notice reminder arrived on 21 july..
    they havent mentioned anything about them being late sending the NTK...

is there some funny games being played by MET? and what would your advice be now?
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    My letter said:
    A copy of her Blue Badge {(or her PIP or DLA if she is happy for you to release such info)} is attached.

So, why didn't you?

This is taking far longer than it ever needed to, you could have had this cancelled straight away.
  • edy500
    edy500 Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    well to be honest because she wasnt particularly happy to give her personal details if she didnt have too.
    plus i thought the fact that MET were out of time in issuing the NTK would have been enough...
    obviously its not.
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 13 August 2017 at 11:50PM
    Options
    No, I would send it because they should cancel.

A PPC will almost never cancel just because they issued a non-POFA PCN (which they are allowed to do). They hope people won't bother with POPLA, then they can keep bothering victims for years - and lots of people then pay up. It's how this scum industry *works*.

You could redact part of her name/any personal data like DOB, and her photo on the BB.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure