IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

MET Parking services !!! MCD weston super mare

Options

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,360 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    edy500 wrote: »
    the date was 15 june, i received the PCN 21 july
    what the ntk?

Was there a windscreen ticket on the day of the 'contravention', or was the letter (NtK) you received on 21 July the first time you became aware of this?

Was there a photo shown in the NtK of the vehicle (and number plate) entering and exiting McD's?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • edy500
    edy500 Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    no it was a anpr camera, and yes when i received the letter on the 21st it was the first time id heard about it.
    yes there is a picture of my car entering then leaving.

thank you so much for help so far guys
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 13 August 2017 at 10:08PM
    Options
    been told i should have informed them that i needed longer due to my mums condition

My suggested complaint letter explains why the applicable law says a trader does NOT have to know about an individual customer's disability to make adjustments of policy available (and they didn't make any extension of time possible or transparently available).

The onus is not on the consumer to ask, it is a duty for service providers to make policies clearly available proactively, in advance (e.g. on signs) for the disabled population at large.

Read the letter I wrote, to see how the law is on your side. Don't just send it, read it and understand the law first.

I am surprised you didn't come back straight away to McD's, with wording from my letter. It was an obvious come-back to quote the EA, and I gave you what the law says. You could have immediately countered their lies about the burden being yours to 'ask for more time'. In any case your Mum's need was obvious, given that she is in a wheelchair...the burden lies with the trader to ensure NO policies would disadvantage such a customer, whether they saw she was disabled or not the policy should exist already, for all disabled people.

The letter is designed to make them panic and cancel. Send a copy to McD's Head Office as well as MET.

You will notice it avoids saying who was driving - keep it that way.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,251 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 25 July 2017 at 8:48PM
    Options
    the date was 15 june, i received the PCN 21 july
    what the ntk?

no it was a anpr camera, and yes when i received the letter on the 21st it was the first time id heard about it.
    yes there is a picture of my car entering then leaving.

thank you so much for help so far guys

So they are too late to invoke keeper liability, and therefore had no right to contact the DVLA. You need to read up on this to understand what it means and how it helps your case.
    They are digging a big hole for themselves.

At the moment I plan to be passing by on Thursdegg so will stop and get pics. In future, there is a KFC on the opposite side of the roundabout that has less arduous parking restrictions. You might want to let mucky Ds know you will go to the opposition next time purely because of their disgraceful treatment of genuine customers.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • edy500
    Options
    Hi, im sorry for my lack of researching, i have scanned a lot of info but havent yet had the time to really go through all the fantastic info provided in the sticky as im juggling a lot at the moment.
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would simply appeal on the out of time issue. See here http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2012/9/schedule/4/enacted section 9 (5). Now this means you can't be held liable as the Registered Keeper, but the driver can be pursued.

But if they don't know who the driver is.............!!!! So no admission as to who was driving.

Personally, when you have a slam dunk winner such as out of time, I would not muddy the waters with any Equality issues that I have yet to see as a winner except when a landholders gets the PPC to cancel.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,251 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 26 July 2017 at 9:30PM
    Options
    I managed to visit this site today and took some pics.
    Photobucket now appears to be charging for third party hosting of images, so I am using a different site that I have never used before to post these so I hope it works.

McD's is one of several establishments off and at the end of a side road. Each outlet has its own car park and each car park is a dead end. It does not appear to be possible to drive through from one car park to another.

As far as I can tell, all the other retailer car parks have some form of infestation except Pizza Hut, which has none.

The entrance to McD's car park. Immediately before this and to the right is the entrance to the Pizza Hut car park. Immediately to the left is the entrance to the Iceland car park.

https://postimg.org/image/v03euzq7f/

Just out of shot to the right (however did I mange to miss it ;)) is this sign. Note there is no mention about asking inside or any hint at a concession for disabled vehicle occupants, despite what the OP was told. There is no way anyone would know from looking at this sign to ask inside if they needed more time.

https://postimg.org/image/fp0khwrm3/

I'm not sure where The Driver parked, but if they used either of the two disabled bays, Ts and Cs are not readily visible from the driver's seat.

https://postimg.org/image/sleryomlp/

One of a few dreadful signs around the car park, high up on poles with tiny font and the parking charge amount lost amongst the very wordy text.

https://postimg.org/image/4ca60xg73/

A close up of the sign taken with my hands held high. Did I see additional charges for using a credit card? Very naughty. No mention of hat the ANPR date will be used for.
    Still no mention of asking for extra time if needed for a disabled occupant.

https://postimg.org/image/sgg2matax/
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • edy500
    Options
    Thank you so much guys!

so whats the general consensus?
    should i just appeal on the out of time grounds?
    the ntk has a date on it which is the 18th and it was delivered on the 21st, so it was well after the 14 days period.

im still yet to hear anything back from my twitter to MCD UK or my official complaint to MCD customer service with regard to my mum... needless to say should i not hear anything from MCD i pledge to never use MCD again.
  • So_ri_na25
    So_ri_na25 Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    Hi there! Sorry for the hassle first! I am new to this site and have been reading lots of threads on the forum about fake pcn! I am aware in general what letter to use , but just needed to ask a few questions that would apply to my case. Basicaly , my husband found a PCN on his windscreen on 1st of July in Stratford , Olimpic park ! This is his second PCN 3 weeks appart.First one it was forbparking on a disabled bay which barely had a proper visible sign on it and also the signs on that particular road are verry confusing! We have payed that as we had no idea of this scams! Second time we started to investigate and this way i found your forum and saw a few people here that know alot about this scams like COUPON -MAD AND REDx ( hope i spelled it right😝). As i said i haven,t paid the PCN received on 1st of July and waited till day26-27 to appeall by email to GEMINI PARKING SOLUTIONS!! I got the right letter from COUPON-MAD SPECIAL THREAD ABOUT ALL SORTS OF PCNs AND APPLEALS ( did my homework😉). My question is if i need to include any evidence that my husband did paid for all his parking session and that the REASON stated on the PCN is contradictory to the situation ! He was parked in a normal bay beetween the lines, paid the parking session and still got a PCN!

Issue Reason: 0002 No Ticket
    The vehicle was parked on private property in contravention of site parking restrictions as displayed on the signage or permit!

I do have a picture of the signage which is very confusing but not sure how to upload it! What advice would you give me? Should i use just the template that you provided with no changes at all OR should i also state the fact that there was a payment made for that session by phone to RING GO! ( could ask for proof from them too) and provide the proof as a picture of bank statement with the money being taken by Gemini Parking Solutions and ask them to cancel the PCN as i don,t see any obvious reasons why i was even served a PCN in the first instance! NO NTK BY POST YET EIGHTER!! Please let me know asap as i should send the appeal by email tonight or tommorrow the latest! A bit confused and don,t want to mess it up! A HUGE THANK YOU TO ALL THE PEOPLE THAT TAKE THE TIME TO ANSWER TO ALL OF US THAT NEED HELP!!! :T :T :T:T
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Please post a new thread of your own back on page one. It is edy500's thread.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure