PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

KonMari 2017 - The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up

Options

Comments

• Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 10,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Argghh, having been happy about my tax refund discovery yesterday, the car is playing up again. It had an expensive repair last month and the engine warning light has come on again. The garage it went to is closed for a fortnight so I'm having to take it elsewhere for some diagnostics on Friday. I'm rather beginning to think the car will have to be kondoed. Was planning on changing it in a couple of years for an electric one but was hoping this one would last me til then. It's diesel and I don't do enough miles or drive it hard enough to keep the engine clean. It's an estate which I need for my work, but I'd planned on downsizing for the next one. Drat.
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,168 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Slinky - I have a diesel, and now my mileage is low the garage stick some kind of additive in the tank every time I go in (service, MOT, new tyre, whatever). It stinks, but it seems to help.
  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 10,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    greenbee wrote: »
    Slinky - I have a diesel, and now my mileage is low the garage stick some kind of additive in the tank every time I go in (service, MOT, new tyre, whatever). It stinks, but it seems to help.

Would that be Redex I wonder? I'll talk to my OH about it, I seem to recall he used to use it in a previous vehicle.
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,168 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Slinky wrote: »
    Would that be Redex I wonder? I'll talk to my OH about it, I seem to recall he used to use it in a previous vehicle.

No idea :) But it stinks...
  • yellowbear
    yellowbear Posts: 634 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    silvasava wrote: »
    GQ - many years ago I did a short stint with a publisher and was at the launch of a book called Totters Teapot. I didn't ever get round to reading it though! It's probably free on the Kindle!

One copy, £17.00 for a hardback edition!
    If you have some, get them on Amazon!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Totters-Teapot-Gordon-Savage-1984-10-16/dp/B01HCAH472/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1501066588&sr=8-1&keywords=totters+teapot
  • milasavesmoney
    milasavesmoney Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The old huge slow cooker is going to a friend and has been replaced by a new small crock pot.
    That old guy cooked for 8 for many many years. Seeing as how there are only three living here now, I decided to go with a reduced size. I can't call it KD when it's one out and one in but I have picked up space in that cabinet. :)
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • MrsPorridge
    MrsPorridge Posts: 2,908 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The dining room is almost completed. Today I have sorted out the Welsh dresser which included washing the cups and jugs which are displayed and were black with dust! I was horrified and realized that its been ages since I actually looked at it rather I just dumped stuff on the top of it. I also cleaned the shelves and top. It looks fab now.

Next job was to clear the 3 tiers of the trolly! The bottom tier has been emptied and the folders on there have one into the bottom of the Welsh dresser as there was loads of space once I had sorted it. The middle tier and top tiers are still a mess but I have had enough for today.

From memory I think there is an old bedside cabinet in the loft. I will ask DH to look at the weekend and bring it down. I will put it in my dressing room - which is another spare bedroom and is a total shambles, but that is the next room on my hit list once the dining room is completed. I think that I will be using the bedside cabinet to store some of my craft items - I have started to go through them and have got rid of a few bits and pieces.

4 bags sitting ready to go to the CS - probably first thing on Friday. Plus two large bin bags in the bin (one before the dustmen came)!
    Debt free and Keeping on Track
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon everyone
    Re things down the back of old settees we cut one open when I was a teen before taking it to the tip and discovered a dead frog it was completely desiccated and quite disgusting!
    So far today I have kondoed the boiler, water tanks and Emerson tank. Tank is going to be given to dd1 along with all old copper piping as she has an account with local scrap yard and its worth doing that rather than leaving on front apparently. Once the work is done I will have a nice empty airing cupboard that I can finally use as a proper home for all bedding and towels etc.
    I've done all the ironing and mending so I'm going to do some knitting now as I can't really do much else.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I've almost finished all the charity paperwork (need the latest bank statement to arrive and then I can reconcile that - should be here within the next week) It's all neatly sorted, filed and cross-referenced and has used up various stationery of mine which wasn't really needed, but I couldn't justify getting rid of - includes over a ream's worth of various coloured and neon papers (yeay! - I just have standard white and some lemon (perfectly acceptable for printing on) left now) and a whole heap of files/ folders/ dividers/ labels and the like. All bagged up to go in a large bag for life (where the stitching is coming undone) - leaving lots of room on the shelves and in the stationery cupboard (yep - we have a whole stationery cupboard in the home office :o:o - OH is a stationery nut.....) and behind the office door (where most of the paperwork lived in a heap)

Of course - I've used all the stationery that I'm not fussed on - I've still kept the *nice* stuff for me/ us :p:p
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,987 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    2 Items taken to Craft & Natter this afternoon were gratefully taken by another crafter, so pleased and I think that she will get good use from them:D
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure