PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

KonMari 2017 - The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    I am so chuffed :j nothing remedial needed doing on my car, so no cost. I`ll be able to go to the tip tomorrow and then the cs and will altogether offload quite a bit of stuff.

No holds barred in the garden now and I will be creeping ever closer to doing the outbuilding. I am still rightmoving ie eyeballing houses but that is all and becoming aware of what is realistically available ie one single garage, so would have to get workshop stuff plus outbuilding stuff in there. Its ok to eyeball as it helps me to plan ahead, just in case
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    I dropped off a couple of bags of stuff for the CS this morning.

I made the mistake of looking around and did buy a couple of new tops and a cute pair of socks.:D I must have had a premonition as I got home and took off my trainers and my sock had a huge hole in the toe. I gave the old pair of socks to my dog to rip up.:p
  • PollyWollyDoodle
    Options
    Kittie, I'm addicted to Rightmove! I have no plans to move at the moment, but I am always on there. My best friend has just moved to the other side of the county (sniff) and I really like the town she's moved to, I will want to downsize in four or five years if I can afford to retire so I'm already looking for houses in her area. By the time I'm ready to move I'll know exactly where I want to be! I also look up houses in my area to see what prices are doing, and I look for ideas on wallpaper, paint, etc.

And sometimes I think 'they really should have tidied up before those photos were taken'! :rotfl:
    Life is mainly froth and bubble: two things stand like stone. Kindness in another’s trouble, courage in your own.
  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 10,004 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Polly if you haven't already looked, there's a fab thread on the House buying section of the forum 'have a look at this', there's some right corkers on there.
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    I cannot believe the mess some of the RM houses are in, puts people right off, if they make no effort to superficially tidy then they must be honking filthy underneath. Polly I too am trying to be realistic, saving money, looking, getting to know areas and prices. I may well join U3A in that area and get chatting to locals. Tbh I know I could pack up and go but it isn`t the inside space, it is the outbuilding, garage and crammed full freezers. I do want to go while the outside looks and is, well maintained, that kind of gives me a year or so. I am more and more looking at newer builds for low maintenance, rather than a doer-upper. I admit that if I use every bit of my savings and raid my pension pot, then I could buy a house while I still own this one. That is exactly what we had to do to move here and it was the best move, a bit at a time. I could not face the `all in one day` stress. I have seem allotments close by in the area :) so that would be a good garden compromise
  • Frogletina
    Frogletina Posts: 3,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Picklepot wrote: »

Can someone help me multiple quote please?

Hi Picklepot

To multi-quote you just need to click on what I call the purple and orange balloon icons below each post. Each one you click gets a tick on it and then when you have clicked the ones you want, you then click reply and all the quotes you want will be on there.

frogletina
    Not Rachmaninov
    But Nyman
    The heart asks for pleasure first
    SPC 8 £1567.31 SPC 9 £1014.64 SPC 10 # £1164.13 SPC 11 £1598.15 SPC 12 # £994.67 SPC 13 £962.54 SPC 14 £1154.79 SPC15 £715.38 SPC16 £1071.81⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Declutter thread - ⭐⭐🏅
  • grunnie
    grunnie Posts: 1,789 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have never mastered the art of multi quotes either. Thank you for all the ideas about my little carriage clock will report back in a few weeks when I have decided what to do. In the meantime it is smiling at me at 10 to 2 on its face;)
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,153 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    grunnie wrote: »
    Thank you for all the ideas about my little carriage clock will report back in a few weeks when I have decided what to do. In the meantime it is smiling at me at 10 to 2 on its face;)

It knows you're going to save it :p
  • Sj62
    Sj62 Posts: 56 Forumite
    Options
    Hope it's alright to come back to the fold after a bit of a gap? Have been too caught up in RL but this week I Kondoed my bedroom and spare room into submission. I tackled clothes and paperwork. It took ages but I went through all my paperwork, shredding four full bins and sorting what was left into a set of office filing drawers.it was a horrible job but freed up so much space it's amazing.

After that it was clothing. I'm a charity shop junkie and have far too many on the go. So, working an hour on, hour off, I've filled four Rebag bags and two rubbish bags. The chest of drawers is now useful again as I can finally shut the drawers and the contents are organised and "properly" folded. The wardrobe (huge old fashioned one) is tidy and the rail organised by length of item, then colour. The shelf has summer clothes in a giant vacuum bag and the cupboard only has coats/jackets/bedding. It will be great to be able to find stuff again. I know people complain about lack of cupboard space but sometimes there can be too much when all it does is encourage clutter!

After all that dusty work the asthma has kicked in but I don't care. Now it's done it should be manageable at last!
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 7 September 2017 at 1:10PM
    Options
    Went shopping yesterday with some friends - bought a pair of shoes but have released 3 pairs today. I bought 2 pairs of jeans - one pair is going back and two tops - one of those is going back!
    SJ62 - I'm a sucker for charity shops too but I'm going to categorise my clothes first and then have a huge cull!! I know I have too many but TBH I do love them.....and I do wear most of them!

Ooh - I forgot - I also bought a pair of leather autograph ballerinas in a CS this week too - but I'm still one pair up!!
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure