Comments

• Fortune_Smiles
    Fortune_Smiles Posts: 5,069 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Hope you get great results :)

Four sales Beanie - it's a start.
    I admire how well you sell off things you do not need.

Thank you DIA - although it does beg the question how do I have all this stuff to start with :rotfl:

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 87% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    I've been saying I've almost finished the annex for the last two weeks :rotfl: But now it is almost finished :j:j:j

Thank goodness. I want my life back :D

There are still a few things to do but nothing that will take too much time. Now I just need to get on top of the house! It's been sadly neglected whilst I've been busy annex cleaning.

I made a start today. The living room is clean and tidy and most of the washing has been done :) Feels like normality is returning.

Mr F is back from a business trip tonight so I think we'll spend tomorrow pottering in the garden if the weather holds. And we'll need to pick up a dishwasher for the annex tomorrow evening. One came up on the Bay just in time.

In anticipation of finally having a social life again, I've put a few things in the diary for this week. I may not get to all but it's nice to think I can if I want to.

And breathe....

Hope everyone is well

Fortune x
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    That's the only explanation. My annex is a black hole that sucks all the time and energy from my world. "Nothing that will take too much time" - famous last words!

Some window frosting arrived Saturday. Some of the annex windows overlook our little courtyard back garden and we stood to lose a lot of privacy, as did our tenant friend. So window frosting seemed like a good solution. And it is, very effective and unobtrusive. However, it is not at all easy to fit despite the claims of the on-line instructional video :eek: Hours were sucked out of my life that I will never get back and the results will suffice but are far from perfect.

I also discovered that the shower screen over the bath had been leaking. There's not too much damage, just a small stain on the kitchen ceiling below but it transpires the screen had not been fitted properly in the first place. Mr F had to get his drill out to fix it and now we need a new seal for the bottom.

I did manage to get a couple of hours of gardening in... well an hours gardening and an hours chat with the neighbours who happened to be out on the lane :rotfl:

Then in the evening we went to pick up the dishwasher for THE ANNEX. Very quick and easy process though and it looks clean and tidy. Mr F will fit it tomorrow as he's at the main office today. And I suppose I should give it a thorough cleaning this morning.

I made a few Bay sales over the weekend so will need to pop out to the P0$t 0ffic£ this afternoon. Any other time will be spent cleaning the kitchen which is the next room on my 'Needs Some Attention' list. Then it's the WI meeting tonight. I'm determined to get there because the talk is interesting but also tenant friend will be there and we'll have a chance to catch up.

So off to the Black Hole I go again. There are a few boxes left to find a home for and the kitchen floor to clean, then it's just a matter of giving things a final dust and vacuum before tenant friend arrives on Monday. Or is it?....

Hope your week's off to a good start guys.

Fortune x
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,645 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope the Black Hole was kind to you today.
    Enjoy the WI :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Hope the Black Hole was kind to you today.
    Enjoy the WI :)

It was a little less unkind Beanie :rotfl:

Fortune x
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,645 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    It was a little less unkind Beanie :rotfl:

Fortune x

Good :D
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    Mr F has been a star the last couple of days and completed lots of DIY jobs for the Black Hole. I have cleaned the dishwasher (it didn't need much), hung a clock, ordered a shower screen seal, positioned some coasters and checked to see if the easy-fit valance sheet I ordered was a) the right size and b) is easy-fit. Yes and no :rotfl:

The Bay parcels got posted and I managed a little tidying in the house and a washing load. However, Farmer Giles turned up (with the biggest tractor I've ever seen) to cut the fields. So time got eaten up pointing out things to avoid like tree stumps and septic tanks and catching up on local gossip :rotfl:

Supper was Smoked Haddock Gratin with Cajun potato wedges followed by a lemon curd viennese biscuit and G&T at WI :o I managed to get a free parking space but bought tenant friend a G&T too so £9.20 to come out of my personal spends. Also spent £1 on a raffle ticket and won :T A lovely orchid :T

Not everything on my to do list done but progress made.

Hope everyone's had a good day.

Fortune x
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Gosh fortune you have been busy but you now seem recovered from the lurgy that slowed you before. Glad the black hole is lightening, it all sounds wonderful :D
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,866 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    It is official your mojo is restored :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    Gosh fortune you have been busy but you now seem recovered from the lurgy that slowed you before. Glad the black hole is lightening, it all sounds wonderful :D
    It is official your mojo is restored :)

I think you're right guys :T

Fortune x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback