Tales from The Shire

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,578 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hurrah for the 5 lbs :j ( but boo for giving it to me!)
    Dog walker/ sitter/ doggy day care is a great idea.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Debtslayer
    Options
    Hi
    I've pm'd you the name of the dog trainer
    Sorry I can't be any help with dog sitter / walker
    Current Mortgage 01.10.17 £113,513.88
    MFW Start Mortgage: £114,794.64
    Current MED: 2036:eek: Target MED: 2026 ;)
    Overpayment Target for remainder of 2017: £2,000
    Mortgage overpayment savings: £684.80
    MFW No 124 :money:
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    with all the extra walking I've lost 5lbs :j

Bonus! :j

Although not so good to hear that Mr FS will be away for much of the remainder of the year :(

I don't blame you for having a lazy day - does us all good to do that once in a while, imo :)

xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • beanielou
    Options
    I have too many lazy days!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Hope you find someone Fortune. I think you're right to want reviews. When my brother and his wife were out all day and got a puppy, they left him with a sitter during the day, but now they think the sitter has created some behavioural problems for him. What about the vet that you're using for him? Do they have recommendations? When I had my cats, the elder one got diabetes, and I couldn't ask a catsitting service to do the injections (when I was on holiday), so I paid a nurse at the practice to do the catsitting and the injections, it was a really good arrangement.

That's a brilliant idea Karma - I'll ask them. Thank you :)
    beanielou wrote: »
    Hurrah for the 5 lbs :j ( but boo for giving it to me!)
    Dog walker/ sitter/ doggy day care is a great idea.

Sorry Beanie - I'll try not to accidentally lose any more :rotfl:
    Debtslayer wrote: »
    Hi
    I've pm'd you the name of the dog trainer
    Sorry I can't be any help with dog sitter / walker

It's him Debtslayer! I can't wait for our session.

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 87% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    greent wrote: »
    Bonus! :j

Although not so good to hear that Mr FS will be away for much of the remainder of the year :(

I don't blame you for having a lazy day - does us all good to do that once in a while, imo :)

xx
    beanielou wrote: »
    I have too many lazy days!

I am feeling refreshed after my lazy day so perhaps it was needed. Maybe you can never have too many :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Fortune x
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    An absence from my diary usually results in a lack of focus. However, I'm happy to say I am bucking the trend :) My mind is firmly on money and the saving and spending thereof:
    • all necessary purchases have been carefully considered and researched to get best value
    • cashback sites used where available
    • vouchers exchanged
    • budgets maintained or savings made
    • 2 sale items listed each day...

...can you see my halo shining :A

It seems the less money I have, the better I get at managing it :rotfl:

In FDawg news, he seems to be settling into a routine and is a much happier pooch than the one we first bought home. There's still a long way to go and I'm looking forward to our session with the dog trainer. Still no luck with a sitter though :(

Mr F and I have a day of lifting and shifting to look forward to tomorrow. We have to clear the outbuilding ready for work to start. I'm hoping to discover some more Bay of E items as my listings are going well at the moment. I've managed to put us back in the black for this month from the proceeds :T

Mr F leaves for a long trip on Sunday :( so I have been planning some projects to keep me occupied in his absence. I bought some bar stools for the kitchen from a charity shop recently and want to freshen them up with some chalk paint so that will do for a start. My kitchen has oak units and black and cream tiles and I think it needs a splash of colour. I'm thinking Autentico's Green Tea :cool:

I may be taking to my bed soon. I had the flu jab yesterday and it always wipes me out for a couple of days. I went to bed at 7.00 pm last night :rotfl: I'm such a wimp.

Hope everyone is well. Night, night.

Fortune x
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,844 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    It seems the less money I have, the better I get at managing it :rotfl:
    How I wish this was me too...
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    Options
    Blimey.
    I was just thinking about you.
    Glad all is well & dog settling in.
    Hope you get a sitter soon & the training goes well.

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Would the trainer know of a dog sitter?
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback