PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    monnagran wrote: »
    Oh you dear brilliant friends. My viewers left at 12.30, I received their offer at 2.00, at 3.00, I told you the good news and you have already organised my removals for me. Everyone should have friends like you, there would be much more happiness in the world.

Apparently, they are working towards a moving day in June, so I have 3 months to get organised. It is a bit weird because half my stuff is still in my friend's barn and I honestly can't remember what is there. I was in such a state when I packed up that I don't remember much about it. Still, as long as I have my bed, my clothes and a kettle I can cope.
    Now I start looking for a bungalow.
    The excitement is beginning to stir.

Great news and my fingers are firmly crossed for you.

I'd help you pack and be a 'woman with a hired van' to assist: I'm stronger than I look :cool:

No good news from here but thank you fencers for your support a few days back. I'm just treading water for now, hoping for the best but distraught at so much injustice.

Take care all and sorry I haven't read back so sending my best wishes to any in need xx

PS any news of Burtha..thinking of you B as I'm sure we all are. I really hope you are ok as can be xx
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Burtha all you have to write is OK or what ever there are a lot of us worrying about you.
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Karcher, how do you fancy spending your annual holiday camping out in a new bungalow. I have a bed you can sleep in and we'd have a kettle, one small saucepan and a toaster. Oh and a slow cooker. We'll toss for the rocking chair. It's going to be fun starting from scratch again.

I nearly forgot, I have about 5,000 mugs and a whole boxful of flower vases.

We'll be fine..
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    monnagran wrote: »
    Karcher, how do you fancy spending your annual holiday camping out in a new bungalow. I have a bed you can sleep in and we'd have a kettle, one small saucepan and a toaster. Oh and a slow cooker. We'll toss for the rocking chair. It's going to be fun starting from scratch again.

I nearly forgot, I have about 5,000 mugs and a whole boxful of flower vases.

We'll be fine..

We will be fine :)

Do you have any idea what you have just let yourself in for?

I have few demands, but a kettle to make tea (although milk is a must) and a toaster for toast with a very liberal spreading of butter...the odd tin of beans to toss into the small saucepan...Monna, what more could I want?

I started again from scratch a couple of years ago. I had to, but to be honest I have regretted parting company with some treasured possessions which meant nothing to anyone other than me.

My life would fit in the back of a mini now.
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    Options
    monnagran I just had a look at rightmove to see what might be available. I'm :eek: at the prices, just as dear as here! Not surprising though, I suppose. Wishing you all that's good xx
  • monnagran
    Options
    That was a weekend and a half here. I feel like staying in bed today. The weather is encouraging me to do just that. We've not had anymore snow overnight, but the wind is coming straight from Siberia. When Millie went out at 4.30 this morning she was furious with me for not leaving the door open so that she could potter in and out. She would bark to come in and immediately bark to go out again.

Apart from having an easy, restful and, hopefully, warm day indoors I have no other plans.
    Be careful if you have to go out today. The ice is lethal.

I'll come back later and report on the nothing that I hope to be doing.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Don't be afraid to be open minded. Your brain is not going to fall out.
  • burtha
    burtha Posts: 903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi all, just a quick one as I will update later on , I'm fine / not fine just trawling through c
    so have had my head down to focus on the kids , hope everyone's ok ; :)
    £223/ £250 GC
  • monnagran
    Options
    Oh burtha, thank you, thank you, thank you! We have been so worried. Please don't think you have to write loads, it's just so good to hear from you. Hugs, hugs, and more hugs.
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,258 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Monna the experience I've had of removals firms is that if they are fully onboard with what is involved they can & will pack everything and shift it as agreed. DS2 was moved from here to Oxford in 2013 by the same local company that moved DH from north of Edinburgh to here in 1989, very carefully. My best mate had her home packed & moved (work relocation) by Pickfords and was very pleased with them. I think like most things, good engagement with whoever you select can be a key to success :)
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    Options
    burtha Thanks so much for posting. We've been so worried about you xx

monnagran A restful day sounds just the ticket today xx

((HUGS)) to everyone :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories