PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sorry tunathe cat The last company I want to go to is Npower. I got rid of them about 3 years ago. They would not take my money and would not read my gas meter. then demanded £30,000, would not keep appointments to read my meter. I sent them a photo of my meter. I ended up calling them every day spending over an hour each time sorting it out only for the computer to send me an email and hour later calling me a liar and demanding £30,000 again.

I have already signed up with Ebico. They only want 36% of what I was paying iSupply. I do not need my Sarcoma nurse to refer me to Macmillan I am already in contact with them. I do not have a Macmillan nurse I have a rare sarcoma that Macmillan don't cover.

It was getting round an obstructive present supplier to get to the ombudsman I needed. I have not contacted them yet. I don't have gas, iSupply want £150 a month for mainly for economy 7.

I went to bed just after DS so I am awake now.
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    I've found 2 big piders in the bath in 2 days. :eek::eek: Does this mean it's Spring?
    ... it was a very short Spring for them ;)
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    mardatha you horrible person! Those spiders could have been living in your bathroom for months, thinking that you were their housemate!
    One life - your life - live it!
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    mar, you murderer. I can just see those 2 spiders struggling manfully, or spiderfully if we're being pedantic, up a dark wet drain and finally emerging breathless and exhausted into your bath. They stare about them in awe. Finally one whispers to the other, "It's very white isn't it? Do you think we are in heaven? Are we sitting on a cloud?" To which his friend (I'm guessing here. It could have been Mrs Spider) replies, " I dunno, it's a bit harder than I thou.........." ZAP!

gran, I think you have done all you can. I don't know if you have other grandchildren, but if you do you could point out that they are not being included in the bridal party either. All you can do now is to take a huge step backwards and distance yourself from the whole drama. In truth, it is nothing to do with you and you are well within your rights to let them know that. Forcibly, if necessary. I'm sure that the happy couple will have a wonderful day, with or without the spoiled brat sister-in-law.

I must get going soon. It's the day I collect my prescription from the chemist in the village. This involves a mile walk in both directions and rain is forecast. It's a beautiful walk along the coastal path, but not in the rain.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

It's OK to be scared. Being scared means that you are about to do something really, really brave,
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    edited 9 March 2018 at 10:22AM
    Options
    nursemaggie I think tuna just means that, as npower has such a tariff, so other suppliers might also have a similar one :cool:

gran3 Welcome to the thread. As others have said, weddings tend to bring out the best and worst in people! If I've understood correctly, it's your son's sister-in-law who's causing the problem? I agree, its no-one's business but the bride and groom's who they have at their wedding. I feel a bit sorry for her DD though; if she's the only other child in the family atm perhaps she was hoping she would be a bridesmaid too. One thing's for sure - if she wasn't feeling hard-done-by about it to begin with, I'm sure she will be now!

Must go to the library this morning to take my books back, otherwise i shall forget all about them and end up paying a fine. I can renew them online if necessary, but I've finished them now anyway :)

ETA monna, just seen your Thought For Today. I love it and shall tell it to my DGD, who is very clever but hates doing anything where she thinks people will "look at her", be that playing an instrument or being in the netball team!
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    mardatha wrote: »
    I've found 2 big piders in the bath in 2 days. :eek::eek: Does this mean it's Spring?
    ... it was a very short Spring for them ;)
    Spider porridge topping ? It's a shame delicious edible wool doesn't exist . You could sit knitting your wildest dreams and eat them . Knitting a heffalump would keep ypu out of mischief for a very long time .

Hoping todays viewing goes well NM . Please let this be the one . You have so many things you're trying to sort at this time . I know from experience it's exhausting to have a mental list of many things to do and a great relief to tick them off one by one .

Welcome gran I agree the previous posters . Whatever the event there is always " One who makes waves "

Enjoy your walk monna . You were so quiet yesterday I feared Millie had you tied up in a cupboard . As you were headed for the shower I did wonder if she'd ever watched Psycho :eek:
    polly x
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    Options
    Ivyleaf your DGD would hate being a bridesmaid. That may be a consolation if one of the bridesmaids is the same.

I used to hate being looked at. It's probably as well I did not get to be a bridesmaid until I was about 15. By then I knew all eyes were on the Bride.

I am sorry tuna I did not mean to be offensive. I did sign up for a reduced tariff with Npower 4 years ago I never got it. My new one from Ebico will be less than £40 a month. I could have done with that since we moved to this flat.

I am sure you all know what I am going to say next. DS refuses to go house hunting.

I did think when we first started that I could look first and if they were suitable then DS could look but it's not easy to get to any of these places. That is why we have used taxis. We have done a couple of viewings on Sundays so that is worse. It is going to be the sort of journey DS has to work at least 2 hours each way. I am then not going to get back until after DS gets home from work so he will shout at me for not having dinner ready because he has to go to bed. I just can't win.
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,258 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    NM I'm sorry, but DS needs to grow a pair and behave like an adult if he wishes to be treated like one.

Everyone who works in a physical job can have busy times and come home tired. He isn't the only one in Bolton!

If he wants a better home nearer to work, he has to make an effort to help find it. Has he offered to use a days holiday to go on viewings with you? Or asked his boss for a Saturday off to go then? If he won't then personally I would go without him and go for the house you feel best suits both, as much as is possible.

If he is still shouting at you after this weekend I would consider a quick flight to Malta...and IMHO I think you should look for a sheltered flat for yourself and let him sort himself out. At least then he won't be shouting at his elderly, sick mother :eek: :mad:
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Words almost fail me NM . He needs a sharp word today . If he keeps doing this nothing will ever change . Landlords and agencies talk to each other . Too many cancelled viewings begin to look like time wasting .
    I'm not meaning to upset you as you are doing your utmost to find a home . TBH I'd seriously consider the possibility of sheltered housing for yourself and leave him to it .

I'm about to go out so hope you can get him to go with you today and will catch up later .
    polly x
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    I just sank. The ladies above said all I feel. Please can I use the word throttle again??

NM maybe the time has come for you to do what you need to do for you. To know DS is shouting at you makes me very cross and actually worried for you. Not that he'd physically hurt you, no, but mentally effecting you, your stress levels, your ability to cope and to be able to fight your illness.

NM you mentioned a few days back that DS is only really the one that you have in your life, or words to that effect. I've probably picked it up wrong but if by moving into sheltered accommodation means DS leaves you then I don't have the words to say.

I hope, hope, hope that non of this upsets you. We're all just wanting the best for you and as your friends take it as a permission giving if you like, if you need it. Kind of like 'well the ladies don't think I'm being selfish' etc etc.

I just want you ok NM. Xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure