PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Polly Its no oil painting. For a start some idiot had painted it over the bricks the brightest red you ever did see. The front garden is big and totally paved and not very well. There are no carpets on the photos but as it has been on the market since November I think. I am sure he has finished doing it up. I presume the landlord bought it probably at auction.

There are daubs of undercoat all over so I guess there were some unsavory words on walls and doors, |It looks as if it has been gutted. I am sure it will be fine now and painted with neutral colours.

It does have an attached outhouse which will have been a shed and wash house. I was brought up in a similar house and my brothers best friend lived in one just like this one so I have an idea what it is like. We spent just as much time at their house as they spent at ours. Of course modernised they will look different. They will have been built in the early 50s. The out house will be fine for his bike.

The rent is cheap so I think we will qualify for this one. It is within cycling distance so he can start off with a cycle and graduate to a motor bike when he has built his study.

No fuddle Mary Poppins certainly did not flounce. She may have mixed with people the children's parents would not have approved of but she always kept her dignity.
  • westcoastscot
    westcoastscot Posts: 1,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Aw Fuddle sorry to hear you've had a tough day, sending healing vibes from here beside the Loch - it's very peaceful tonight :-)
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Me again :D

nm it's a roof over your heads you will make it a home however long it takes . I've seen some of the properties my landlord friends have bought at auction and when they've worked their magic they are lovely . As I said earlier I have a positive feeling about this one and you hadn't described it then .

Hi WCS hope you're keeping warm and well . I've missed you , you're the only person on the threads I can ask Psoriatic Arthritis questions of .
    A little update dd is transferring back into our local trust . That consultant she was under was as much use as a chocolate fireguard . Not worth the long journey . Our GP has to do all the monitoring and things she should anyway . he's done scans , checked her lungs , heart etc so no more waste of time and damage from her neglect .

I have scattered typos , mangled words and missed bits out of my posts today so fuds "one day soon you will fly too "
    Vj Missed out of my curtain post . I used my long measuring stick to mark a straight line on the back of the curtains above and below the rings with one of those pens that fade away ,
    Cut along the lines . With those curtains the top part left was 3ins deep so I used that to enclose both the curtain and lining and stitched on the rufflette . Hope that's clearer .

I'm out early tomorrow another appt and then town to collect the meds the pharmacy were short of on Friday so I'll see you all later .
    Sleep tight
    polly x
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Aww Fuddle, sorry to hear of your hospital trip, I really hope they get to the bottom of things soon and get you sorted :grouphug: Have a dodgy hug.

I've been resting, watching tv and napping. I've only moved when my wrist vibrates and I have to! (fitbit)
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all, and a dismal, murky one it is at the moment.

I think I've more or less recovered from the mayhem of last week and can actually face the thought of getting myself into gear again.
    Eating that enormous coffee and walnut cake has had an odd effect on Millie. She seems to have either regressed to puppydom or has advanced rapidly into senility. In the last couple of days she has had all the spare loo rolls out of the basket in the bathroom, ripped open a large plastic bag containing my summer clothes and spread them all over the floor, attacked my wool basket and fought me for balls of wool and this morning I find that she has started systematically emptying the bookshelves.
    Nothing has been destroyed but a few balls of wool are on their way out having been well covered in slobber.

I also stood on my scales this morning.............................I will try to stem the tears in the next hour or two.

fuddle, I hope you are feeling more hopeful this morning. If I know you at all you will be reading up everything you can find on your condition and plotting a way forward. Then you will feel in control of your life again and be much happier.

Pollyanna, I know I have said it before, but it is so good to have you back and firing on all cylinders. You have no idea how much we've missed you.

Now I must lay my own plans for today. Starting with coffee and toast.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Don't call it a dream, call it a plan.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Vj Missed out of my curtain post . I used my long measuring stick to mark a straight line on the back of the curtains above and below the rings with one of those pens that fade away ,
    Cut along the lines . With those curtains the top part left was 3ins deep so I used that to enclose both the curtain and lining and stitched on the rufflette . Hope that's clearer .

I'm out early tomorrow another appt and then town to collect the meds the pharmacy were short of on Friday so I'll see you all later .
    Sleep tight
    polly x

I think so, thanks - but why do you need to cut along the top of the rings? Surely I only need to cut below?? Am i being dense... :o

OH - who has always resisted change in anything, even blessed curtains, has decided he likes the eyelet top after all and asked if I can cut the bottom, but that is just too hard to adjust the curtain and the lining. At least with ruffled header tape you can hide all the mess behind it. In any case if it gets done this year, it'll be doing well...:o
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    Options
    Pollyanna, my son in law has psoriatic arthritis.
    Onwards and forwards Fuddle.
    At last I have a day at home, until 2ish anyway.
    The WM is chugging away I have about 3 loads to do, drying them is a problem in such a confined space.
    As I sure you all know my dd2 has mental health problems, one of the contributing factors is that she holds down 3 jobs as her husband has a lot of time off sick.
    DD2 has access to certain things that help her cope, to continue this access she has to jump through assorted hoops.
    The latest hoop is a 10 week course, it's on Tuesdays, it's designed to help people with mental health problems get into work.
    No matter how many times she explains that she doesn't need help returning to work she hits a brick wall. If she wants to access things she needs she has to attend the course!
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Pollyanna, my son in law has psoriatic arthritis.
    Onwards and forwards Fuddle.
    At last I have a day at home, until 2ish anyway.
    The WM is chugging away I have about 3 loads to do, drying them is a problem in such a confined space.
    As I sure you all know my dd2 has mental health problems, one of the contributing factors is that she holds down 3 jobs as her husband has a lot of time off sick.
    DD2 has access to certain things that help her cope, to continue this access she has to jump through assorted hoops.
    The latest hoop is a 10 week course, it's on Tuesdays, it's designed to help people with mental health problems get into work.
    No matter how many times she explains that she doesn't need help returning to work she hits a brick wall. If she wants to access things she needs she has to attend the course!

:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:
    Must use my stash up!
  • shanks77
    shanks77 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 7 March 2018 at 1:36PM
    Options
    fuddle wrote: »
    Can I pick your brains?

I'm trying to sort out my breakfasts. At the minute I alternate between porridge one day and avocado, bacon and mushrooms the next. I'd like to get rid of the bacon :o:cool: so I thought avocado and scrambled eggs with a bit of spinich. The only problem is I don't know how to make scrambled egg any way other than in a pan with butter :o

Would scrambled egg taste OK with EVOO or is there a way of doing it without any fat at all?
    Sorry bit behind but I make scrambled eggs in the micro with no fat at all and it comes out fine. Just whisk a couple of eggs with a splash of milk and put in micro taking out every 10-15 secs or so and giving a stir til u have reached your desired consistency
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    edited 7 March 2018 at 12:36PM
    Options
    Hester Why does that not surprise me at all? When you can get a years suspension for not being able to be in two places at once, several miles apart, yet they allowed it the second week but not the first. Nothing about any public sector department will ever surprise me.

She will be asked to go on a quest like Jason next.

Before I went to see the Macmillan adviser i read through the notes several times. I came to the conclusion that if I could not get out of bed but I could wash myself I would not qualify for Attendance allowance.

When I told the Macmillan adviser that I had read through the notes several times and I had come to that conclusion I did not qualify, she said "Oh take no notice of that. With your problems you more than qualify."

Is there a charity that will advise her they could probably stop it with one phone call? Macmillan seem to be magic.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback