Has anyone claimed compensation from HMRC for an error?

Options
2»

Comments

• Syephenharryb
    Options
    I received an ERP payments from hmrc (small payment nowhere near what im owed) for an error on their part and compensation for a huge underpayment and various letter and phonecall costs. I have no idea what this erp credit is. But just over 2 week ago i send in a long complaint demanding they fix their mistakes and compensation me and payment me what im owed or ill take it furtber. They received and signed for the letter and now iv an hmrc erp credit. Tho no communication from them. Dont know if they are related. Can anytine help?
  • Mersey_2
    Mersey_2 Posts: 1,679 Forumite
    Options
    Melhindley wrote: »
    I still think they should reimburse for the cost of what they've caused. All the time and cost of phone calls, the hardship they've caused a family meaning they have no money for 2 weeks, the stress and worry about when it will all be sorted and payments actually sent to where they should be. I have to try

Yes, absolutely.

They have to compensate you for the maladministration itself, plus any consequential losses.

I complained and received £50.

You can do so online.
    Please be polite to OPs and remember this is a site for Claimants and Appellants to seek redress against their bank, ex-boss or retailer. If they wanted morality or the view of the IoD or Bank they'd ask them.
  • Nope123
    Options
    I received £50 today with the same reference after writing in about an issue I had. I only asked for written confirmation that a problem was resolved as I had been given incorrect information over the phone (I'm a civil servant and do the same job for another arm of government therefore knew I was being lied to - who knows why, to get me off the phone late in the evening most probably. Anyway I challenged the agent on their behaviour and they put the phone down and still didn't sort the issue as I was receiving letters after weeks.)

I complained online expecting a generic response but also a letter confirming that the other letters shouldn't have been sent to me - but instead I have no reply or acknowledgement and a random £50 I didn't ask for. I'm not going to look a gifthorse in the mouth but I'd rather have the apology and confirmation that I asked for. It will probably turn up in the post in a couple of weeks?
  • Mersey_2
    Mersey_2 Posts: 1,679 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, I also received the £50 before I received the apology. In fact I received a further letter confirming the £50 payment from a different office as well.
    Please be polite to OPs and remember this is a site for Claimants and Appellants to seek redress against their bank, ex-boss or retailer. If they wanted morality or the view of the IoD or Bank they'd ask them.
  • micky2phones
    Options
    Hi,
    50 pound for me too
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business