PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Two)

Options

Comments

• Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,259 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Afternoon folks

Dull & cold so stayed in and played with TV gizmo, found ultimate couch spud app, I can now control it from my mobile :D. Next stage is get my photos up I know not where they go but dr0pbox is involved and I think I can then see them on the TV. Boys & their toys? :o

MrAPJI
    , another genealogy buff i see. That's me & PN as well. I have been pondering getting DNA test, although I do not use Ancestry. OT, but have you tried Lost Cousins? Free to join. I'm on it but no lost cousins, a few found ones though;)

Breakfast was one of my HM yoghurts
    Lunch was last of the bacon, with tom & lettuce in a sandwich
    Dinner is sausages defrosting at the moment, LO mash, LO beans & a grilled wrinkly tomato
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • Cicatriz_2
    Options
    Thought I'd drop into the thread.

Saturday I made chicken fajitas with enough filling for one more meal out of it.
    Sunday I made Sri Lankan Curry, 3/4 now in the freezer.

Stocked up I have
    3 * Psycho Con Carni (awesome crazy hot chilli)
    1 * Chicken, mushroom and leek pasta
    2 * Bologneise
    3 * Sri Lankan
    1 * Fajita filling (or whatever I feel like doing with it)
  • Irenadler
    Irenadler Posts: 884 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've just eaten two sausage rolls, hot.
    Not feeling much love for food this week, to be honest.
    A real CBA month so far.

Hello PN
    Sad to read you are not fancying much food; start of the year can be cold, grotty weather, and not wanting to shop....
    A little confused. What is cba?
    Cooking banned atthe moment?
    Convenience or boiled or as it is i.e. raw.... :o

Keep seeing it, and not sure what it means.....
    "...when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains however improbable, must be the truth..."
    "Mastering a low budget lifestyle now, means you are set for life" quote by 'Miss Babs'

Dog's 'Pot o' Gold' = £23.85
    Household maintenance = 0
    Prolific Academic = £41.64
  • Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Irenadler wrote: »
    Hello PN
    What is cba?
    Can't be a*sed
  • Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've just eaten two sausage rolls, hot.
    Not feeling much love for food this week, to be honest.
    A real CBA month so far.
    Are you suffering from food overload from Christmas/New Year like a lot of people? :).

I think I am suffering from December/New Year food overload :). If I wasn't feeling like not eating anyhow because of this cold I think I would be off food. I'm not sure whether my CBA is food overload or cold symptoms or a combination of both.

I don't even fancy stollen/mince pies/cake or crumble, things must be bad :(.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I CBA with food either but am still making the effort, I want to be tip top if I get any flu contact. My turkey casserole was one of those when I said `wow`. I thickened it with chicken gravy granules. Took 20 minutes in my little pressure cooker and is spoon food. Loved it, have separated into 3 more meals, one tomorrow, 2 for the freezer. I have lovely cooked ham to use, freezer. Roll mops and lots of cheese slices, I`ll have to have 2 slices a day to get through them before ubd. Oh I know, I`ll go continental and have cold ham and cheese for breakfast, with warmed cold soaked oats and prunes to start

Looks as though I will be alternating leek quiche and turkey and leek casserole all the rest of the week. Oh well, leeks are a good food and I still have another 12 on the allotment

I am looking forward to my bed tonight, electric blanket on and will carry on with my mindless, coal mining village girl book. It will only take me the week, just reading before sleep. I have a few more, specifically bought for easy reading in winter enforced (ie sensible) staying in the house
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    moneyistooshorttomention Posts: 17,940 Forumite
    edited 8 January 2018 at 7:15PM
    Options
    Hi cicatriz:hello:

CBA - indeed ...yep...can't be ars*d/can't be bothered (delete as applicable according to which you use personally):rotfl:. It's a phrase that features a lot in singles' kitchens...

There oughta be a halfway phrase to that - sorta cba here tonight. Vegetables needing using up - so resorted to another "standard" for use-ups = roasted veggies. Forgot to add much in the way of "taste" - whoops! Anyway had with a cheat "grains" thing - ie packet of assorted quinoa and seeds ready-prepared and a bit of tahini sauce over it.

Currently getting together a couple of folders worth of recipes I've been accummulating that suit my tastes. So - maybe I'll do a bit better soon....

Blimmin' cold here still - but things starting up again properly tomorrow thank goodness after the Christmas enforced "break". Lunch out tomorrow with a friend - due to shortage of reasonable places to eat out round here - its restricted choice. Suspect I'll have a "modern" (ie interesting) salad with ciabatta bread. Might check what sweet things they have as a treat (hoping for something chocolate). Of course I couldnt possibly comment that there might just be a couple of glasses of wine with it. My excuse being that one of the things later in the week is a womans spa outing - so should sweat it all back out again...and exercise it all off with a couple of exercise classes during the week as well.
  • MrAPJI
    MrAPJI Posts: 112 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 8 January 2018 at 7:58PM
    Options
    Farway wrote: »

MrAPJI
    , another genealogy buff i see. That's me & PN as well. I have been pondering getting DNA test, although I do not use Ancestry. OT, but have you tried Lost Cousins? Free to join. I'm on it but no lost cousins, a few found ones though;)

Farway, thanks for mentioning the Lost Cousins site, I will take a look, particularly as it is Free :T

Kitty, thank you for your kind words :)

Wort, ice cream at breakfast is a First and an absolute winner :D

I think a lot of people feel a bit deflated after xmas. We all gear ourselves up for 'the day' which seems to disappear far more quickly than it appears. Too much food and sometimes too much drink - then we pay the price - system overload (mentally and physically). To top it, the sun goes awol and casts a gloom upon us. Now I am feeling miserable lol. Whenever I feel down in the dumps I think of one particular young lady that I had the good fortune to meet. Our paths crossed in an airport in Canada and since that day I've taken 'nothing' for granted. Let me introduce you to 'Molly' who as well as being a motivational speaker, also has a youtube channel :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILSOCxsy4bc
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,259 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Welcome Cicatriz, hope you find a few ideas here, even if it is just that cold pizza, or ice cream, is OK for breakfast, as is toast for dinner. No food shaming here, but many useful tips & ideas. No doubt you will see food post sooner or later & think "I fancy that now"

The dinner of bangers, mash etc went well, hard to muck that up
    To follow I used up the last of the Greek yoghurt, and sliced a banana in it + spoonful of honey. Tasty as it sounds

Absolutely no ideas for food tomorrow having used up my left overs. I am hoping my mooch around Lild on way to volunteering may spark an idea. If not I have loads of things in the freezer, none of which I fancy at the moment

Now cracked the TV thingy and my pictures, plus I managed to get pics off my phone onto the computer with out needing a cable.:j

PN I hope you perk up soon, at least the sausage rolls & chocs should sustain you temporarily
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good evening everyone,
    Hi cicatriz:hello:
    My trundle back and forward to the Drs earlier was challenging to say the least as the pavements were really slippy and my rollator kept skidding - I don't think you can get "winter tyres" for them :rotfl:
    Lunch ended up being a quick meal of oatcakes, cheese, salad and a cuppa soup before I spent a fair chunk of the afternoon (critically) reviewing examples my elder son had prepared for a promotion application - he is still speaking to me though:rotfl:. He is as usual Mrlastminute,com has it has to be submitted tonight:eek:.
    Still on track to make the "Aubergine & Kale Sata" tonight (MTSTM - think this might suit you), I'm pondering whether to have rice or noodles with it. There will be LOs so I'm hoping it's tasty;).

Hugs for anyone with the January/CBA blues, I'm not doing too badly so far, mainly I think because the sun has been shining and I've been steady enough on my feet to get out in it so I'll make the most of it before the rain returns at the weekend. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure