PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 10. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thank-you everybody for your comments re my birthday. The lobster didn't emerge - my fault - I arrived at M&S at 7pm just as they were closing - I'd got the times wrong. So it was round to Waitrose for rib eye steak and salad, followed by a meringue dessert, cheese biscuits and wicked chocs, Bubbly wasn't appropriate so it was a decent bottle of the red. OK I know I had to cook the steak but that's all.

B Present was help with my much overgrown veg/fruit plot to get it back into shape - much more appreciated and thoughtful than my usual piece of bling

I weighed myself today, no surprise :(:(:(
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    zafiro1984 wrote: »
    Birthday today, - 3 score and ten. I may be overweight and have opted not to go out for dinner (the old story of nothing to wear) but next year will be different, I'll make sure of that. :)

2 peaches and an apple so far today, maybe I'll let the brakes off later but only a little. I've decided not to cook, my choice as I do it every day, so it's off to M&S later to see what I can find, lobster and a salad beckons, plus a bottle of bubbly which I know is in the cellar.

Belated happy birthday wishes :bdaycake:_party__party_
    Must use my stash up!
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Is there room for a newbie please?
    I have weighed in this morning heavier than I have ever been and need to seriously do something about it :(:(:(
    I look forward to joining in the next challenge and until then will mull along and try my best. I have myfitnesspal downloading as we speak.

Main thing for me is sweets and sugar :eek::eek: such a sweet tooth.

New members are always welcome :D
    Must use my stash up!
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone :hello:

It's a miserable wet day here so hubby is cooking a massive pan of stew for tea. The house smells lovely and I have worked it out to only 350ish calories a bowlful.

I had a long conversation with my eldest daughter when she popped round this morning about dieting and weightloss in general. She is also using myfitnesspal but is concentrating on exercise to tone up her wobbly bits. She is considering paying for a personal trainer who will write her a fitness plan for the gym as she goes regularly but doesn't really know what she should be doing. She has inspired me to look up the 'walking your way to fitness' youtube videos and get my rather large backside moving. I could barely get through the warm-up last time so I am challenging myself to actually complete one of them by ten weeks time.

My meals today are as follows:

b - weetabix and skimmed milk
    l - cooked breakfast, everything grilled except the eggs and delicious it was too
    d - beef stew
    s - fruit, probably plums

Hope you are all having a good day and that the weather is kinder where you are, take care xx
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Is there room for a newbie please?
    I have weighed in this morning heavier than I have ever been and need to seriously do something about it :(:(:(
    I look forward to joining in the next challenge and until then will mull along and try my best. I have myfitnesspal downloading as we speak.

Main thing for me is sweets and sugar :eek::eek: such a sweet tooth.
    Hiya and a warm welcome to the 'Fred'.

I'm not sure how long left to next challenge but it can't be that long now. Knitwitch usually gives us a 'heads up' the week before so you can get logged onto the new sheet.

I found the easiest way (for me) was to set a date, throw out all the 'sweet' stuff and go cold turkey. Have something crunchy such as a piece of carrot, celery or apple (you get the idea) every time you fancy something sweet. It takes around four/five weeks to get used to the lack of sweet things and now I don't even think of them. I do use a small 1/3rd of a teaspoon of stevia in my tea though. Good luck
    dumpling wrote: »
    Good afternoon everyone :hello:

It's a miserable wet day here so hubby is cooking a massive pan of stew for tea. The house smells lovely and I have worked it out to only 350ish calories a bowlful............

She has inspired me to look up the 'walking your way to fitness' youtube videos and get my rather large backside moving. I could barely get through the warm-up last time so I am challenging myself to actually complete one of them by ten weeks time...............

Hope you are all having a good day and that the weather is kinder where you are, take care xx
    We have it cloudy and windy here atm. Not very warm either :(

Ooh - are you using the Leslie Sansone ones ? I use those and try to do a different one three or four times a week just so I don't get bored. I can't manage the longer ones yet, but the one-mile ones are spot on for me atm :D
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi lynnejk, yes they are the ones I have tried before. They are a bit cheesy but I was properly out of puff within the first couple of minutes :o:o ( the colour of my face afterwards.) I hope to improve quite quickly just by doing a few extra minutes each day.
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    dumpling wrote: »
    Hi lynnejk, yes they are the ones I have tried before. They are a bit cheesy but I was properly out of puff within the first couple of minutes :o:o ( the colour of my face afterwards.) I hope to improve quite quickly just by doing a few extra minutes each day.
    I agree with you about the cheesy bit but they're okay otherwise.

I found the first few times it was a bit fast, so just went at half-speed here and there. As she says - so long as you keep moving you don't have to keep up all the time.

Good luck and let's hope they benefit both us in the long run :D
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • Weewdy
    Weewdy Posts: 96 Forumite
    Options
    weigh in - 1.5lb off

These last few pounds are not easy to lose. I have been training hard the last few weeks and my body shapr and composition has definately changed just wish i could get down to my target weight then continue to tone.
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have decided that I really, really must try doing more exercise. If any of my RL friends could read that they'd be rolling on the floor by now. However, although I do a lot of walking since I gave up my car I don't think that is enough. I wish there was an exercise class for the unfit, fat, old people, where we could do some simple zumba, a bit of line dancing or some Eileen Fowler (remember her?) type exercises to music.
    I love moving to music, but unfortunately there is no communication between my brain and my feet. I must work on that.

Ah well. today's food planned.......

Br: boiled egg with a couple of crispbread.

L: Small portion belly pork with cabbage, carrots, leeks & peas.
    Stewed apple set in SF lemon jelly.

Extras. A couple of plums and a pear.

Fingers crossed.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ouch.... 2.5 gain today.
This discussion has been closed.