IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN Newbie

Options
124»

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    How much dust settling time do you suggest? I appealed via email and will use a different address to appeal this time
    Maybe leave it until about a week before the expiry date for your initial appeal - normally for a BPA operator that's 28 days after the date of issue of the NtK, but do check the NtK for instructions.

Good idea to use a different email addresss.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • JohnStar
    JohnStar Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    I'm just about to embark on a journey abroad for almost a month, during which time I am almost certain to forget all about this, so rightly or wrongly, I have sent my email this evening. We will see ...
  • Mlliepcn
    Options
    Hi

I am hoping to use the template as provided here and on the Newbies sticky post, which i have read through from top to bottom . I'm just a bit confused with the paragraph saying "Should you obtain the registered keeper's data from the DVLA without reasonable cause, please take this as formal notice that I reserve the right to sue your company and the landowner/principal, for a sum not less than £250 for any Data Protection Act breach"

Surely the fact they have sent me a PCN (albeit 17 days after the incident and they have spelled my name incorrectly and used my middle name not my official name as DVLA would/should have given) shows that they have already contacted the DVLA?

Am I missing something here? Sorry if this has already been addressed but this is now hour 4 of my research and I haven't found anything about it yet.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts...
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 11 August 2017 at 9:43PM
    Options
    you have not checked my posts then

as they have already done so, change it to the past tense , as in

"Should you have obtained the registered keeper's data from the DVLA without reasonable cause, please take this as formal notice that I reserve the right to sue your company and the landowner/principal, for a sum not less than £250 for any Data Protection Act breach"

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5691536

and

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5677701

and please start a new thread if you need any more help , thank you

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,312 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 11 August 2017 at 10:32PM
    Options
    Surely the fact they have sent me a PCN (albeit 17 days after the incident and they have spelled my name incorrectly and used my middle name not my official name as DVLA would/should have given) shows that they have already contacted the DVLA?

No idea why people keep raising queries about that bit. For the love of God it's not saying they haven't contacted the DVLA yet, it is merely saying if the parking firm are shown to have obtained the data 'WITHOUT REASONABLE CAUSE' you reserve the right to sue them.

The three words in capitals above are what it is really getting at, but it is such a minor query cropping up so often, that it's boring me senseless, so I think I will edit it.

It's a one-size-fits-all appeal and if you want to adapt or edit it, then do so. Send what you like as an appeal at first stage, as long as you don't say who was driving.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure