Emirates Dubai stopover

Options
13»

Comments

• DUKE
    DUKE Posts: 7,360 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Emirates hooks up coach passengers with an 8-24-hour layover or first/business class passengers with a 6-24-hour layover with “accommodation, meals, ground transportation and visa costs,” for tickets valued over $1000.

You could always do the above if you wanted to save a bit.
  • 19lottie82
    19lottie82 Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Richard, we've already done the North so will just be visiting the South. Dubai is just an extra really, thought we might as well stop by for a few nights as we are passing through. If I like it, we can go back.

Would like to make the trip longer but due to jobs / family commitments this will have to do for now!
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    £7849 (£3924 each) is the cheapest combo through mid Feb/mid March through Emirates, if you do a search you get a grid showing all dates. Then you just phone Emirates and say you want a stopover on the dates you want.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    DUKE wrote: »
    Emirates hooks up coach passengers with an 8-24-hour layover or first/business class passengers with a 6-24-hour layover with “accommodation, meals, ground transportation and visa costs,” for tickets valued over $1000.

Far too short a time in Dubai though, especially in March when it's cool enough to do and see so much.

As it is OP will only have to pay for accommodation because the stopover will not be chargeable.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • littlereddevil
    littlereddevil Posts: 4,752 Forumite
    Options
    I've no idea where you got Emirates at £6000 each from! Loads of dates from under £4000
    travelover
  • fifeken
    fifeken Posts: 2,702 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    DUKE wrote: »

Not available on the OP's route as there is a sub 6 hour connection.

Blue264 wrote: »
    If you decide upon Business Class, make sure that the particular fare you book entitles you to complimentary limo transfers.

All Business Class fares include chauffeur drive, but it's not offered in Saigon anyway, so not such a big deal.

OP. Is there a reason you want to do the Dubai stopover on the way back rather than the way out? I ask because the transit time on the outbound is not ideal (IMO) and you would avoid it if you did the stopover in that direction.
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,583 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    fifeken wrote: »
    OP. Is there a reason you want to do the Dubai stopover on the way back rather than the way out? I ask because the transit time on the outbound is not ideal (IMO) and you would avoid it if you did the stopover in that direction.
    That's a good point, and it would also avoid the three day stay in an Islamic concrete jungle possibly detracting from the high of two weeks in Vietnam.
    Evolution, not revolution
  • Blue264
    Blue264 Posts: 1,570 Forumite
    Options
    fifeken wrote: »
    All Business Class fares include chauffeur drive, but it's not offered in Saigon anyway, so not such a big deal.
    Some special fare itineraries may have restrictions on the Chauffeur-drive service. Please check at the time of booking your flights.
    https://www.emirates.com/english/plan_book/to_and_from_airport/chauffeur_drive/terms_and_conditions.aspx
  • fifeken
    fifeken Posts: 2,702 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Blue264 wrote: »

Yes, it's talking about group bookings, bookings using other airlines FF points, late email offers and a couple of other "odd" cases. Nothing to worry the OP about.
  • slinga
    slinga Posts: 1,485 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    19lottie82 wrote: »
    As a treat for a big birthday im looking to book first class Emirates tickets for myself and husband to go to Vietnam in March.

The flight goes via Dubai both ways, and we would like to stop off there for 3 nights on the way back.

The problem is compared to a regular return flight with no extended in stopover the price is £3400 but when I select the multi city flight option with 3 days in dubai (where we are transferring anyway) the price goes up to £6200!

I read that Emirates offer a "free stopover in Dubai", can anyone advise how this works?

In case it makes a difference I'm looking to book with a third party site, not Emirates directly.

Thanks in advance!
    Is your booking First Class on all sectors?
    It's your money. Except if it's the governments.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure