Dilemma re heating system

Options
Hi just wonder if anyone with Central Heating knowledge could give me some advice... We have a perfectly working system at present but the boiler is maybe 15yrs old and my brother says its probably coming to the end of its days.... what I want to know is although the rads we have at present work fine and there is no rust or leakage if I am having a new boiler eventually is it pushing my luck to keep the rads that we have? Do we need to renew the whole system? We have not long had wooden floors put down on the ground floor and I guess it would mean having to take this all up to renew the pipework underneath and that is going to add to the cost and length of time taken... and would you renew sooner rather than wait for problems to occur?

Thanks for any advice....
#6 of the SKI-ers Club :j

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

Comments

• Canucklehead
    Canucklehead Posts: 6,254 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    As long as all the pipework is copper I would use the existing system and replace the boiler only.If the boiler is behaving itself and it's not costing a fortune to run then do you really need a new one?

HTH
    Corgi Guy.
    Ask to see CIPHE (Chartered Institute of Plumbing & Heating Engineering)
  • tanith
    tanith Posts: 8,091 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for that, the system is actually very economical to run and I wasn't planning to renew the boiler just yet but thinking ahead in case anything goes wrong... It is all copper pipework and I think I will just carry on for now with what I have.... thanks....
    #6 of the SKI-ers Club :j

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure