Now I own a house... time to get my ish together!

Options
1235»

Comments

• littlebylittle26
    Options
    OK not doing too well on the money front.. yesterday was a disaster :( spent about £40-50 all in because my boss asked me to go for "one drink" after work - I can obviously never say no! So annoyed at myself...

C
    X
  • littlebylittle26
    Options
    Did a "big" food shop last night - £24.10 all in - and came home and batch cooked a big chilli, some curry and a risotto before portioning into freezer bags and putting in to freeze.

8 portions overall - this means I won't need to cook for the next 2 weeks at least (assuming some eats from out-of-freezer/already in freezer). Really happy with myself.

I also shredded some carrots and chopped up some leeks to freeze too to allow me to make soup on Sunday for the week ahead. Never done this before so hopefully it tastes ok...

I have about £300 until payday. Sounds OK until you take into account that I'm in London next weekend and my man is up here the weekend directly after! Our plans are pretty much laid out though so hopefully this won't be too spendy. I'm going out for some £4 cocktails tonight with a friend so hopefully I won't spend too much there either - £30 is my limit. I've already purchased an all day bus ticket so it will be the night bus home. Given with the above I should be able to make it to Thursday (the day I go to London) without spending... fingers crossed...

I get so frustrated with myself - since moving into the house I've really struggled to get to the end of the month without dipping into savings or adding to my credit card balance. It's like the devil on my shoulder is there telling me to spend. Wish I was better :-( I do manage to save at least £300 a month though so maybe I'm being too hard on myself.

C
    X
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family