Now I own a house... time to get my ish together!

Options
Ok - 3rd diary attempt..

I picked up the keys to my first flat last Thursday and so this begins my journey moving forward as a homeowner!

Debts:
Family loan - £12k (£2k by January, the rest negotiable over time)
Mortgage - £124,612.10 :eek:
Credit card - £2744.04 (0% until summer 2018)

Time to start shifting these a little bit at a time! Using YNAB in hopes I can think a bit more about my spending and shave off some pennies over time.

Thanks for joining me on my journey!
X

Comments

• littlebylittle26
    Options
    So... £241.49 to last me the rest of the month. I'm off to London next Thursday night for a long weekend to visit a man.. I'm not quite sure what's going on with us, he flew up to see me last week (:eek:) and I really fancy him, interested to see where things go. I'll be staying with him so no accommodation costs but no idea what we're going to be doing when I'm down there so will need to be careful with my cash until then.

Getting my nails done tomorrow (£28) but have already moved £30 from my account to cover this.

Not sure of my weekend plans, having a quiet night in tonight and will head home at some point to see my parents and cousin - though it'll be a night in. Expecting to spend ~£30 on transport and maybe a bottle or two of bubbles :o Need some toiletries so going to pick those up on my way home from work today.

That will leave me with ~£200, I only really need a top-up food shop for this week so will hopefully have around £190 in the bank account when I leave next Thursday :D

Let's see how I stick to this...

C
    X
  • littlebylittle26
    Options
    So... £204.87 left in my account. May pop out and treat myself to a few breakfast bits (I'm working from home tomorrow) which will pull this down to ~£200ish.

Really excited for the weekend ahead, this guy has pulled out all the stops! Booked somewhere for us for dinner on Friday night and is surprising me with a lunch venue on Saturday :-) think the plan is to be lazy for the rest so hopefully shouldn't be tooooo spendy...

X
  • littlebylittle26
    Options
    £6.72 spend in Morrisons yesterday, pulls my acct down to £198.15.

Expecting NSD's today and tomorrow... having the experience from hell with getting my washing machine installed - who'd have known!!

X
  • Chandelier.
    Chandelier. Posts: 933 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Your weekend sounds lovely littlebylittle. I hope you have a great time.

And nice to see a shiny new diary :D
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
    :D
  • ChicaBonita
    ChicaBonita Posts: 673 Forumite
    Options
    Hey! I'm hoping to be in your position soon (looking to buy a flat with the bf, hopefully be able to get a mortgage in principle in the next few months) so really interested to see how you get on. I hope you have a lovely weekend, sounds like he's spoiling you :cool:
  • littlebylittle26
    Options
    Thanks all, really looking forward to it! Had this planned for a couple of weeks and I just can't wait to see him.

Will update the spends come Monday... have a great weekend everyone!

X
  • littlebylittle26
    Options
    Had theeeeee nicest weekend in London... we've essentially decided to make a go of it which I'm so happy about but this will mean long distance which I've never done before. He's already booked to come see me in 2 weekends' time and I'm going to him 2 weekends after that.. excited to see where things lead.

He would have paid for absolutely everything this weekend if he could have but I just wasn't for letting him! I have about £20 left in my account now post food shop - I get paid on Monday so this shouldn't be an issue. Fairly quiet week ahead :-) my friend is staying with me for 10 days as she has to wait for her lease to renew on her flat. She hasn't offered me anything to stay... don't know how I feel about it, I thought she would have given me something towards bills... but we will see.

X
  • littlebylittle26
    Options
    NSD yesterday and will be the same today :-)

C

X
  • Raven42
    Raven42 Posts: 24 Forumite
    edited 26 July 2017 at 12:26PM
    Options
    Just a little support message for the long distance thing, my wife and I did the same 5 years ago and although I have moved to be nearer her 3 years ago we really did make it work for the brief time we lived 250 miles apart.

You will get told at many stages by others how mad you are and how they couldn't do it, and hey it might not come to anything but please do not let the distance be the reason.

Advance trains were my saviour as soooo cheap but you have to get your diaries very organised but knowing the travel is paid so in advance helps the pocket when it comes time to board!
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I always think long distance would be the best of both worlds. You don't have someone else in your home all the time, you don't have to feed them or clean up after them, you get the starfish in bed but you still get the support and fun stuff that comes with being a couple.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family