Now I own a house... time to get my ish together!

Options

Comments

• littlebylittle26
    Options
    Spent 20.60 yesterday - ended up out with different work folks celebrating a contract win. The company paid for dinner/drinks, I bought a couple of rounds myself and split a taxi home.

Not a NSD day today either as I'm feeling a bit rough - spent £2 on the bus in to work and then £1.52 on a roll and sausage and potato scone...oops...

Quiet-ish weekend ahead. My cousin is doing my nails (£20 ish) and I'm catching up with a friend on Saturday, think we will just go to the cinema. Nothing crazy!

X
  • littlebylittle26
    Options
    Not doing too badly on the money front... sorry been a bit AWOL all.

Plodding on with the matched betting, making a decent profit. Would love to make some serious money with this as I become more confident!

On track for a NSD day today, which is always good :-)

C
    X
  • littlebylittle26
    Options
    £1.35 spent yesterday on a bottle of diet coke... needed the sugar intake.

Should be a NSD today - plan is to walk to/from work.

C
    X
  • littlebylittle26
    Options
    Managed a NSD 2 days ago and spent £14.53 yesterday - £2.53 on a coffee and £12 on a friend's birthday evening. This leaves me with approx. £215 left to last me just under 3 weeks.

I have a bit of a strange relationship with money at the moment - feels like no matter what I do, I find myself panicking and stressing. I take lunch in every single day and walk to/from work yet I still find my bank account getting lower over time. Does anyone have any tips for getting out of this rut?

I think it stems from a number of things - firstly the adjustment to having a mortgage and slightly higher outgoings (approx £200/month) as well as the fact that my new man earns 4 times what I do!! He is totally aware of it and insists on paying for most things when we are together which drives me crazy... so I always make sure to pay for drinks when possible.

I'll get into the habit.. going to do lots more matched betting this weekend, get things moving!

C
    X
  • littlebylittle26
    Options
    Spent £14.98 on Friday - food and the train to visit my parents.
    NSD on Saturday.
    Spent £39.01 on Sunday - £27.97 on beauty bits (mascara, shampoo, brow tint, deoderant) and £11.04 on the week's food (not too bad methinks).

Off to London on Thursday for a week... he says he wants to treat me but keen to pay my fair share, so things will likely get a bit spendy. I've told myself it's OK to pull from my savings given I've been making a decent amount on the matched betting front.

£4 on bus today and I'm going to get a sunbed later - aiming for a NSD tomorrow and I've budgeted to get my nails done on Wednesday. Other than that, I'm not expecting any spends.

C
    X
  • littlebylittle26
    Options
    £18.33 spend yesterday, aiming for a NSD today.

C
    X
  • littlebylittle26
    Options
    Failed badly on the NSD front... £28ish spent on dinner and drinks with a colleague - justified it with a bad day (work is really tough just now).

Must stop spending! Grrr. Won't manage one NSD this week. Thursday is my best bet though there's travel to the airport to be paid for... hmph.

C
    X
  • littlebylittle26
    Options
    Hello all,

Fallen off the bandwagon with two weeks' annual leave from work... waaaaah. Been paid this month and have pretty much £400 in my bank account for general spends. Reaaaally hoping I won't need to dip into savings for this one - I've made soup for work all week though I'm out with the girls tomorrow for dinner. I also have two weeks with the boy, one in London and another in Edinburgh... hopefully they won't be too bad either as we pretty much have them planned out!

Lots of exciting times ahead.. booked to go away with him for new year's and he wants to take me away to New York in Dec, though I really don't know about that one:eek: I still haven't told my mother about him... how am I going to get through this one?

Anyhoo.. first day back at work so must head back now that lunch is over. In a bit all.

C
    X
  • littlebylittle26
    Options
    £1.60 spent yesterday on a bus to work.. was blowing an absolute gale! Otherwise no spends.

Got a dinner planned with the girls for tonight, working in our office in town as a result so £5 spent on an all day bus ticket and then the cost of dinner. Will try to keep things as low as possible.

C
    X
  • littlebylittle26
    Options
    Spent £34.39 yesterday on an all day ticket, dinner and two drinks with the girls. They're girls I know through my ex and while I'm more than OK on a personal level with one or two of them there is a bit of awkwardness as a group - I found out by accident that one of them is having a flat party and has invited my ex (and his new gf) but not me. I was out one on one with her last week and we had a great time, so feeling a bit let down by this.

Anyway! Onwards and upwards. Walked into work this morning and plan to walk back. Need a bit of a groceries top up so will sort that out later, shouldn't be any more than £10.

C
    X
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family