IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Claim form-county court business centre

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• MrsG2711
    Options
    The judge did not let the agent answer some questions due to right of audience that I had pointed out but accepted him being there. The elms agent seemed at home, obviously he attends many cases.

On reflection I think the judge had made up his mind pretty soon but used my point about breach of the order to get some balance and not award all costs.

I was thinking of leaving out the t&cs but thought I would get my point across as the housing were definitely liaising with gladstone’s and I think that was their silver bullet that’s why they tried to not bring them forward at SAR.

I feel I have learned a lot from the experience and have a better understanding of how it all works in the courts, I just hope I won’t have to do it again.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,410 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    @Mrs G. Sorry this didn’t work out for you. It must be so frustrating.

Best wishes for the future. Meanwhile we continue the campaign ....... I think every loss sees me more determined.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • MrsG2711
    MrsG2711 Posts: 54 Forumite
    Options
    ....... ‘I think every loss sees me more determined.’

Umkomaas
    Your determination is great. You people on here give confidence to us defendants. I feel I put up a fight, they didn’t get everything from me. This forum is fantastic.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,120 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 13 January 2018 at 7:02PM
    Options
    Unless I have misunderstood, you included the silver bullet the other side needed; I did clearly say to leave it out. That was a bomb, you should not have handed it to them as it blew up in your face.

Oh well. At least they didn't get costs.

What are you/the tenant going to do, going forward, bearing in mind the Judge said:
    The judge did say the tenant had a valid grievance case against the housing due to the ambiguous wording of the new t&cs that she signed. He also agreed that they had breached their CoP but obviously it want enough.
    She has a valid grievance against the Housing Dept, why not take that up in a formal way if it's a HA:

https://www.gov.uk/housing-association-homes/complaints
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • MrsG2711
    MrsG2711 Posts: 54 Forumite
    Options
    Coupon mad
    I believe the HA handed the amended t&cs to the solicitor before giving them to the tenant.

I think she will write to her local MP as she had written before and got a response regarding the safety around her flat.

The HA should have informed her that they were planning on introducing the PPC and the parking charge. She was clearly duped into signing and they did not give her a chance of consultation.

We are not finished with this yet.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport