Best free email provider?

Options
124»

Comments

• Mabel2012
    Mabel2012 Posts: 273 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Are GMX alias accounts the same as the main account. If I use Thunderbird to manage them will each have its own folders and work independently of the main account and the other alias email addresses.

PS. where are the MSE account areas for member profiles & subscriptions to topics. Normally on sites like this it is obvious. I thought it would be under Help but that is about manners on the site or sending emails for help that may not be answered. Please point me in the right direction.
  • Mabel2012
    Options
    I never used a telephone number to log into Yahoo or had my Yahoo email address blocked in any transaction. I was happy to have a telephone number (not my main number) on my account for recovery of my password on the less used email accounts.
  • Mabel2012
    Options
    The Yahoo security issues that happened in the middle of last week caused me to look here for another email provider. Oddly, the problem seemed to happen in stages from early July until now. Changing to less secure settings did not work for me. I am still accessing Yahoo mail direct from my Firefox browser and will continue until I switch providers.
  • RumRat
    RumRat Posts: 4,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Mabel2012 wrote: »
    Are GMX alias accounts the same as the main account. If I use Thunderbird to manage them will each have its own folders and work independently of the main account and the other alias email addresses.
    They are delivered to Thunderbird in the inbox under the alias email address. You can then set TB rules to sort them into their own folders if required.

PS. where are the MSE account areas for member profiles & subscriptions to topics. Normally on sites like this it is obvious. I thought it would be under Help but that is about manners on the site or sending emails for help that may not be answered. Please point me in the right direction.
    Go to the top of the forum....'User Tools' To the right from 'Forum Help'.

By the way, for what it's worth, IMO, best rid of Yahoo....
    Drinking Rum before 10am makes you
    A PIRATE
    Not an Alcoholic...!
  • Mabel2012
    edited 11 August 2017 at 7:49PM
    Options
    RumRat

Thank you for the information on GMX, it sounds good and has many fans on here. I really miss having Thunderbird to manage my emails. I will set up a couple of GMX email accounts/addresses and work them for a while before I start changing my email addresses on all my on line accounts. I will leave the personal email addresses until I'm happy that GMX works fine for me.

Attached is a snip of the top of the Forum page. If you see the cameo on the bottom left of the snip, that seems to allow me to set up subscriptions, change profile or passwords. This is not mentioned in the help videos. You said to look for Forum Help, I can only find Help, just to the left of Etiquette and Rules. I'm not blind but I see a trip to Specsavers coming up.

I couldn't upload the snip mentioned above. I can normally either copy it in the message body or upload or attach it but that does not seem possible on here. And the Help at the top starts with antisocial behaviour which I think sits better in Rules.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure